CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the description, that doesn't sound like a child predator to me, it sounds like someone who had a really bad beef with Paul and took out him and his daughter, who just happened to be with him at the time. The other guy killed was an employee of Paul's as well.
I agree, but it's worth a look IMO. And even if it's not related to Jessica, it's a horrendous case that may benefit from some fresh eyes.

1m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
We continue to seek tips in this case. If you think you may have info that will help investigators, pls call 303-658-4336 #jessicaridgeway
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

This leaves us room to hope that it's the creepy freak pedofiles body, and that Jessica is safely hiding out somewhere. Please let me have a moment to think that!

Sadly I think we will eventually hear that the body found is that of Jessica. If it were an adult LE would simply say so, dispelling any thoughts of a connection to this case. The fact that they have not done so leads me to believe this is Jessica.

Some may wonder - why continue the search if they feel they have found her remains. Simplest answer, they have not positively ID'd her and the searchers may be looking for evidence at this point and not necessarily Jessica herself.

my Prayers continue for Jessica despite this and particularly for her loved ones and classmates.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
We thank our community for your support & patience during #jessicaridgeway investigation. Investigators working hard to bring you more info.

There is another missing girl from Arvada. I am pretty sure that it is not her body that was found since she has been missing since 1999 but I am curious what happened to the other little girl. I can find like no info on her.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185279&highlight=caressa

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=140

O/T

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sanchez_caressa.html

There isn't much known about Caressa's case, but since she is still listed on Charley Project it seems she is still missing.

ETA: Please note I am not saying there is ANY connection between these two cases.

New thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187393"]ACTIVE SEARCH CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This thread will close in about ten minutes. For new members and all guest readers: We are not closing the discussion, just moving to a new thread. This is done when the current thread gets too long.

Oh no. Buses going out to search today leads me to believe they found partial remains only.

No way. They would not allow a citizen search if they knew they would be searching for partial remains. It is more likely to allow them to keep their hope alive for a while longer.

I posted earlier but have not received confirmation that this has been discussed. DSP, a former Westminster middle school teacher, was arrested this summer on child *advertiser censored*. He lived in Lakewood, CO, not far from where the body was found. His name and arrest are plainly online.

www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_...r-arrested-child-*advertiser censored*-charge

Is it just me, or does he look an awful lot like the Aravada child enticement UID sketch?

Attachments

• 20120724__patterson~p1.jpg
    20120724__patterson~p1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 7987001598_518b331cb1_z-1-201209142200.jpg
    7987001598_518b331cb1_z-1-201209142200.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 36
Checking dental records wquld take minutes right?

I'm sure it takes time to obtain dental records. Time to track down the dentist, time to call in a forensic odontologist..... more than minutes.

Maybe a day or two if records are easily obtainable. Also, dental records can only be used if she has had dental work, fillings etc.

Also, we don't know what condition the remains were found. It could take months for an official id depending on the condition of the remains.

Patience

@WestminsterPD: We thank our community for your support & patience during #jessicaridgeway investigation. Investigators working hard to bring you more info.

No way. They would not allow a citizen search if they knew they would be searching for partial remains. It is more likely to allow them to keep their hope alive for a while longer.

It's a citizen search? I though it was strictly a search by LE?

I'm not sure what to think here:waitasec:...was the body burned or in some other way defaced in such a way that confirming the identity has been made more difficult? One would think that after 12+ hours a positive ID would have been made.
Not necessarily. The police at the scene have likely a good idea from visual but the body will go to a medical examiner for dental and/or DNA testing. Dental takes less time but not everyone has dental records. DNA results take longer. Then the family will be notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member