GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, KT. I spoke with my mom today (who lives in Morgantown) and she said there was an article in the paper yesterday that said they don't know who picked her up from her house. In previous statements, LE has stated that they knew it was a female friend, but she was insistent that it said they didn't know. I'm not sure why it's so hard to get facts in this case. There seem to be a lot of stories floating around.

I've also been randomly looking through Twitter pages today and there are a few fake accounts that seems to have been created to harass the friends & liken them to the TV show "Pretty Little Liars." If you haven't seen the show, it's about a group of 5 best friends, once of whom goes missing & later it's revealed that she was killed. The killer & various anonymous accomplices then start harassing the girls and using their secrets to blackmail them into doing hurtful things to one another. I'm sure it's probably just some high school kids being horrible to one another, but it's pretty sick.

Also, on Twitter, Skylar's friends always make pleas with her to come home, not to someone who has taken her. It seems that they all believe she ran away.

Random aside, it turns out I was a nanny for one of the girls who is one of Skylar's best friends. It was back when she was 3-4y/o and I haven't seen her since, but as I was looking through Twitter pages I saw a photo of her father and realized who she was.

Does anyone have information that hasn't been posted? Is there anything we can do? I'm new to this page and don't know where to begin. Help!

IMO, having 2 teenage daughters myself , if this young lady was going to run away she certainly wouldnt be leaving without taking anything with her in her photos she obviously takes good care of herself so i cant see her leaving without taking clothing etc, and to suddenly stop using social networks is something teenagers just do not do .. very concerned for this girls safety

I agree, MrsWard. She didn't take anything, her phone hasn't been used and no social media updates.

Also, how did she get where she was going? The story about the car she originally left in is a bit muddled, but if it's accounted for, then there had to be another car. Busses in Morgantown are sparse, and so are cabs (and she'd have to call a cab and wait for it. It's not uncommon to wait a very long time for a cab to arrive in that town). There is an above ground train type thing called a PRT, but it only travels around the WVU campus. If she left again there had to be another car, or she walked to someone's house.

It seems highly unlikely that she is willingly hiding out in the area. It's not a large area and there are not a lot of people. Surely anyone she could be staying with has been checked out.

I wish her case was getting more attention. It saddens me that she went missing in July and her thread only has two pages and that she's received little to no national media attention.

RDGirl

WELCOME!!!!

WV is my home state too.

Google the Shanda Sharer case on Wikipedia and see what you think. It was a few years back and involved a group of teen and preteen girls and how gruesome their behavior can be. I see some similarities here (obviously not a lesbian lover /jealousy thing) but something in the "friends" story leads me to believe that she knows exactly what happened to Skylar.

Me too. Unfortunately, the Facebook sites set up to help are hubs for drama, so people seem to be avoiding them, and their find Skylar Twitter page only has 2 posts. Wish I knew how to get this case more attention.

Thanks No stone Unturned! I actually Googled the case when you first mentioned it and I remember seeing it on TV after it happened. I don't think we have enough facts to rule anything out, but from what I've seen of their interactions, it didn't seem like the girls had that sort of "frenemy" relationship. They genuinely seem to care and be worried. That said, with teenagers you never know.

I wish we had more/clearer information! It's so frustrating having to read the same old articles over and over hoping to see something new.

Here's the link to the story my mom was talking about in the Dominion Post: http://sip-trunking.tmcnet.com/news/2012/10/23/6669806.htm It does say the police "have a good idea who was in the car," and that those "people may know more than they're saying."

I'm very confused by this article, because previous news reports have been that the car belonged to a female friend who had been interviewed.

The harassment of the friends on Twitter is definitely picking up. I've found 4 Twitter accounts created specifically to harass Skylar's friends. Again, not sure what to make of this, but whoever is posting is clearly blaming the friends (and the friends are posting back blaming the parents).

All in all, it just seems to be one big circle. Getting clear information has proven difficult, and there are a lot of rumors and blaming.

I've been checking UIDs etc, but have (thankfully) come up empty. Skylar is not listed as missing on NamUs, which I hope will be changed soon. Unfortunately, she's not listed on a lot of missing persons websites that could be beneficial.

What do you all make of the FBI on the case? Do you think they believe she has left the state? Could they be involved because of all the internet activity?

All in all, it just seems to be one big circle. Getting clear information has proven difficult, and there are a lot of rumors and blaming.

What do you all make of the FBI on the case? Do you think they believe she has left the state? Could they be involved because of all the internet activity?

What I'm thinking is- why haven't they found her yet? The FBI can't get teen girls to talk? All teen girls do is talk. I imagine a few attorneys are making some $ at the moment. I hope there is more going on behind the scenes than there seems to be....

What I'm thinking is- why haven't they found her yet? The FBI can't get teen girls to talk? All teen girls do is talk. I imagine a few attorneys are making some $ at the moment. I hope there is more going on behind the scenes than there seems to be....

It seems like nothing is being done & everyone has given up so they've resorted to finger pointing & hoping aloud. I hope the FBI is still actively involved & I hope someone will put more pressure on L.E. because it feels so stagnant at this point. She's not even on many missing persons websites! It's crazy how little attention this is getting, it breaks my heart.

Thank you so much for posting, and I hope you're right & L.E. is like the duck on the pond analogy (calm on the surface, but paddling like heck below). It makes me sad to read that after 4 months they still aren't sure about the car (or anything else).

I have been looking, but not posting- because there is nothing new out there. I don't use Twitter. I can barely deal with FB....
She looks just like my niece. I think almost anyone would realize that a social 16 yr old girl who has not used any social media is a big red flag. I would suggest to someone who knows the family or is willing to talk to them- to get in touch with CUE.

Some things that can still be done. First plaster the town with flyers. I think Dad said in an article back on page 1 that his employer was willing to print flyers. That needs to get going, if it has not already been done.

Skylar also needs to be put into NamUs. I'll see about getting that done.

Praying Skylar comes home soon :(

Salem

ETA: The family should go to this site and get Skylar added: https://www.findthemissing.org/en

Does anyone have a Twitter account where they can post the message to get Skylar added to NamUs at the link? That would be really helpful.

Have there been no organized searches for Skylar?

Any word on Skylar? Hoping to hear something!

I was one of those teens who did this a lot...my poor parents. Never, not once when sneaking out of my window or the front/back door did I ever intend to stay gone. It was always to go hang out for an hour maybe two. Then it would get late or when I got home something made me think my parents knew or I fell asleep wherever I was. Anyhow because I wasn't planning to run away when I left my house I certainly didn't take things with me. I often wore flip flops because I could easily take them on and off to make less noise while sneaking around the house. My friends not only covered for me but would make up complete lies to help keep me out of trouble. I even went from Colorado to Chicago at 15 and from Colorado to Arizona then California one time at 16. It was not unusual for me to be gone for weeks at a time.

Now my thinking at these young ages was well...not great to say the least. When I missed curfew, fell asleep, suspected my parents knew I snuck out...etc....I in turn got scared a figured I was in big trouble gonna be grounded or something. So I would just stay gone. I wasn't in very much trouble when getting home because my parent were too worried or whatever to really punish me once they found me.

As for the out of state trips I took...at 15 my boyfriend talked me in to going to Chicago with him.

Then at 16 this same boy talked me in to driving us to Arizona then 2 weeks later we went on to California. at 16 I got pregnant with this same boy who dumped at 7mo pregnant and took off for Chicago and now 17 years later has never met his son whom I gave birth to at 17 with my father as my coach instead of the guy who claimed he loved me, wanted to marry me...blah blah blah...and I was dumb enough to believe him.

So while in our intelligent adult minds it would seem impossible that this girl did this on her own free will...it really isn't all that far fetched.

When I was 13 I had a friend who was 15 that ran away to Mexico with her 22 yo Mexican national boyfriend and got married.

In hoping that this is the case for this young if her or her friends are reading this ...please just go home to your family. All of the rules at home are much easier to deal with than figuring out where your next meal is coming from or how you will get clean clothes and makeup...it is much better to be surrounded by the ones who truly love you.

I think I'm leaning more towards her being dropped off down the road from her house so she could meet up with someone else. I don't believe it was so her parents didn't hear the noise of her friends car, seeing as she was picked up only an hour earlier from the front of her house. I don't know whether her friend knows she was meeting up with someone else or not, it's possible Skylar kept it a secret (she may not have been ready to share with her friends yet), perhaps he was an older boy?

MOO

I came in here to see if I could help. Seems like there isn't much news in the media. Everything I found was old.

I did find mom's FB acct last night, and it seems a little strange, to me anyways. There is also a open letter on it from dad. If I'm allowed to post the page I will, but I'll wait on a mod to let me know.

Also, I have posted the missing flier on my FB page. I'm not from WV, but my family is and it will feed to their friends I hope.

Some things that can still be done. First plaster the town with flyers. I think Dad said in an article back on page 1 that his employer was willing to print flyers. That needs to get going, if it has not already been done.

Skylar also needs to be put into NamUs. I'll see about getting that done.

Praying Skylar comes home soon :(

Salem

ETA: The family should go to this site and get Skylar added: https://www.findthemissing.org/en

Does anyone have a Twitter account where they can post the message to get Skylar added to NamUs at the link? That would be really helpful.

I have a twitter account but I don't use it at all. I'm not sure really how it works. Where should I post the message about getting Skylar added to NamUs? I tried tweeting to her but it doesn't show up publicly...

Hi Wanting2Help - I have no idea. I don't twitter.. LOL so I don't know how it works at all.

Anyone else have any ideas on the twitter part?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member