GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a twitter account but haven't actively tweeted.

For those unfamiliar with tweeting, it is very similar to FB in the following ways:

On FB you "friend" people who then can see your status updates. The moe friends you have the more people see you updates.

On twitter you "follow" people and people "follow" you. Different than FB in that you may follow people who do not in turn follow you. So on twitter what matters is how many followers you have as far as who sees your tweets.

Similar to FB and your ability to "share" or pass along to your friends the posts of your other friends, on twitter you can "retweet" the tweets of people you follow and those who follow you can retweet or pass along your tweets enabling their followers to see that specific tweet.

Lastly, like FB, you can post links to articles, other sites, etc.

I hope all that made sense. Pardon the typos, tablet typing is not my strong suit.

As I said, I don't really twet much lately but Salem if you need anything specific tweeted o linked regarding this case, feel free to let me know.

I'm going to post mom's FB and if it shouldn't be here, please remove. Thanks! This is where I found the open letter.

I thought it was from dad, but maybe not.

https://www.facebook.com/meneese1?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thank you for the link. Is anyone else very concerned about all of the "death of a loved one"
quotes on this page? IMO- that may be why we are not seeing searches..:(

I came in here to see if I could help. Seems like there isn't much news in the media. Everything I found was old.

I did find mom's FB acct last night, and it seems a little strange, to me anyways. There is also a open letter on it from dad. If I'm allowed to post the page I will, but I'll wait on a mod to let me know.

Also, I have posted the missing flier on my FB page. I'm not from WV, but my family is and it will feed to their friends I hope.

BBM

What seems strange to you?

BBM

What seems strange to you?

I can't put my finger on it. Probably just me, But sometimes I think, they think she just ran away and then other times it seems they make think she is not with us anymore. jmo

A few photos here.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/hiighasthe_sky/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/LzMrg4nx

I wonder if her parents knew she was into pot? I've been following a few twitter accts and I have to say they are interesting.

I'm not sure how much I can post, but if you go to mom's FB and see a post addressed to MB dated 10/28 and follow her twitter. It is interesting, because MB seems to know some things.

Wowza, that twitter by MB is something else...hope LE is looking into that! Crazy! MOO

A few photos here.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/hiighasthe_sky/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/LzMrg4nx

I wonder if her parents knew she was into pot? I've been following a few twitter accts and I have to say they are interesting.

I'm not sure how much I can post, but if you go to mom's FB and see a post addressed to MB dated 10/28 and follow her twitter. It is interesting, because MB seems to know some things.

probably the synthetic crap from the head shops...

I can't put my finger on it. Probably just me, But sometimes I think, they think she just ran away and then other times it seems they make think she is not with us anymore. jmo

I wonder if maybe they go through phases... Maybe sometimes they want to believe that she's alive somewhere out there, and there is still a possibility that she will make it home, but other times they think that if she were still alive she would have contacted them or come home by now.

:moo:

I thought when this thread was first posted that she was another runaway and would show up sooner rather than later. That, of course, has not happened.

I think the friend who dropped her off "down the street" knows more than what she is telling. Thanks so much everyone for all the links, especially the twitter accounts. After reading them, and seeing how well she was doing in school, combined with how long she has been gone.. I am very concerned for her. It does not appear that she planned on running away, only a sneak out. Also her tweets and the way she was so down right before she left concern me. Added to that, the posts on her mom's fb scare the wits outta me. Who would post (what appear to be RIP messages) on her mothers fb without proof she had passed? I cant imagine doing that if you were unsure if she were alive or dead.

It does appear to be a "mean girls club" in this group.. and I think at least one of them had hurt her feelings, and she was being left out of the group lately.

The twitter acct mentioned earlier calls out alot of her friends, this fiesty tweeter certainly has alot to say.. and I tend to believe in her attitude.

Skyler... where are you????? I no longer think you are missing on purpose.. please come home!

I thought when this thread was first posted that she was another runaway and would show up sooner rather than later. That, of course, has not happened.

I think the friend who dropped her off "down the street" knows more than what she is telling. Thanks so much everyone for all the links, especially the twitter accounts. After reading them, and seeing how well she was doing in school, combined with how long she has been gone.. I am very concerned for her. It does not appear that she planned on running away, only a sneak out. Also her tweets and the way she was so down right before she left concern me. Added to that, the posts on her mom's fb scare the wits outta me. Who would post (what appear to be RIP messages) on her mothers fb without proof she had passed? I cant imagine doing that if you were unsure if she were alive or dead.

It does appear to be a "mean girls club" in this group.. and I think at least one of them had hurt her feelings, and she was being left out of the group lately.

The twitter acct mentioned earlier calls out alot of her friends, this fiesty tweeter certainly has alot to say.. and I tend to believe in her attitude.

Skyler... where are you????? I no longer think you are missing on purpose.. please come home!

BBM

I think this is what I was trying to get at in one of my posts above. I agree with your statement regarding the FB page. If this were my daughter, I don't think I'd be posting RIP photos on my FB. I would want to be d*mn sure my daughter was no longer with us, before I did that. Unless, mom is hoping to break someone in the group :waitasec:

When I first started reading these twitter accts, my thought was the TV show Pretty Little Liars. I have to agree with you on the bold. I've only seen the show a couple of times and what I saw, I didn't care for. The girls are very mean and will do anything to cover their butts. Following one, the show is mentioned a couple of times. Also mentioned several times is how sick the person is to their stomach.

I'm hoping someone will eventually give up what's happened to Skylar, so she can be brought home.

jmo

Sorry I've been so MIA lately (my job is pretty intense), but I'm SO happy to see so many people on this page (and so much new activity)!

About the MB Twitter account: Check out her Followers, and it will lead you to JS, HF & RH. These are the 4 Twitter accounts I mentioned a while ago. They seem to exist solely to call-out Skylar's friends (SE and SA specifically). I don't have a lot of time before work, so I wasn't able to look at mom's Facebook in depth, but I certainly plan to look this weekend.

Thank you all so much again! Definitely lots of interesting things happening here.

Is anyone familiar with the show (or books they are based on) called Pretty Little Liars? I see some similarities here.

Is anyone familiar with the show (or books they are based on) called Pretty Little Liars? I see some similarities here.

BBM

I agree, I've noticed that also. I've also noticed the show has been mentioned in tweets.

Sorry I've been so MIA lately (my job is pretty intense), but I'm SO happy to see so many people on this page (and so much new activity)!

About the MB Twitter account: Check out her Followers, and it will lead you to JS, HF & RH. These are the 4 Twitter accounts I mentioned a while ago. They seem to exist solely to call-out Skylar's friends (SE and SA specifically). I don't have a lot of time before work, so I wasn't able to look at mom's Facebook in depth, but I certainly plan to look this weekend.

Thank you all so much again! Definitely lots of interesting things happening here.

THANK YOU for this post Sparky! :rocker: Getting lost in the pits of twitter is even worse than the pits of FB!!! :banghead:

Hi all, I joined WS about a month ago, but have never posted. I have read all the TOS & help boards, but please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong :)

Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I was born & raised in Morgantown, WV (of which Star City is part) and I went to the same high school as the missing girl. The town is the home of WVU which is a very well known "party school." I was in the "popular" crowd at University High, and while drinking and marijuana were very widely used, it was never a school with a large number of students using heavy drugs. High school students in Morgantown regularly go to college night clubs and party in wooded areas on small roads on the outskirts of town.

At first, I had the same question as No Stone Unturned, "why only an hour?" However, given what she was wearing, it doesn't sound like she was going to a party or a club or to meet a boy. Flip flops are not a good choice for a party in the woods, and they aren't allowed in a lot of the clubs/bars in town. Also, if she was meeting a boy, I assume it's someone she liked but wasn't in a relationship with (as no boyfriend was mentioned). If a 16y/o is going to go to the trouble of sneaking out to meet a boy, she's probably going to put more effort into an outfit.

From the posts on her Twitter feed, it sounds like she was going through something and maybe just wanted to talk with a friend, drive around, etc. Either way, I think the friend is the major key here. In one of the first articles it said the friends were not being helpful, which is very disconcerting.

Concerning the publicity of her disappearance, WVU is the major source of income for Morgantown (along with the liquid generics company Mylan Pharm.). Crime is not something that is widely publicized as the town likes to present a "clean & wholesome" image to prospective students. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by the lack of coverage. There are no TV stations in Morgantown, and the town newspaper the Dominion Post is not the type of hard hitting journalism you see in other cities.

As always, you guys are amazing, and I hope we can get some information soon. I know this is a cliche, but things like this just don't happen at my old high school, and I hope the family gets Skyler back safe.
If you remember back to that week and the weekend following, it was unusually hot. I'm talking mid 90's. So I think shorts and flip flops are exactly what I would've had on. As for the comment about heavy drugs not being used that much, as much as I hate to think about it, heroin is becoming a bigger and bigger problem in this area. Just some things to keep in mind.

I don't see any heavy drug use alluded to in their tweets. Weed.. yes, alcohol as well, and its not like they even try to hide it.

I wear flip flops all the time. Even in winter, unless it's really cold, and that's hardly ever here in the South. lol I would wear them in the woods.

I did notice there was a reference to a cabin party and should this person have another. I can't remember what date, I'll go back and look.

Regarding drugs, all I saw was pot and there's drinking. I'm still leaning towards a Girl's Club and covering each others backs. jmo

THANK YOU for this post Sparky! :rocker: Getting lost in the pits of twitter is even worse than the pits of FB!!! :banghead:

LOL that wasn't my post, but I agree I did get lost in the pits of twitter. Do you know who or what those tag things are? Like #igetlost for instance? (that's just an example) And then you click it and it goes somewhere else? Who creates those #? I'm still learning and I was all over the place this morning. lol
And then you go back to the page you were on and you have to start all over again. :banghead:

SA has a BF, ZC who has not once mentioned Skylar. Nothing. On July 7, he tweeted he was going to Myrtle Beach, SC the next morning. He was back on the 22nd. In between those dates he tweeted a couple of times and from his tweets it seems he's not happy. jmo

ETA: SA tweeted on July 7, she was coming home from MB.

I feel like I'm talking to myself in here. :talker: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members