CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

On the trail to find Maddy Poker Run

Walk, Quad, Horseback
on Saturday May 26, 2012

Start times: Horses 10am / Quads 11am / Walkers 12 Noon
Start at: Mapes Hall

** Ride or walk the trails with our family and friends in the Hogsback Lake area to further the search and build awareness for MADISON SCOTT, missing since May 28th, 2011 **

More details (posted under Jan 20th entry): www.madisonscott.ca

Attachments

• Poker-Ride-Poster-Small-Proof.jpg
    Poker-Ride-Poster-Small-Proof.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 87
One year later, Madison Scott disappearance still a mystery
May 23, 2012

snipped...Police also believe someone knows something about Madison’s disappearance though that person might not even be aware of it or think it’s a small insignificant detail.

Read more: http://www.pgfreepress.com/news/153160915.html

43 women go missing on Canadian highway in 30 years

Mystery surrounds one of the remotest stretches of highway in Canada after nearly 50 women have gone missing in past 30 years, it was reported here.

[snip]

Most recently, 20-year-old Madison Scott vanished near the infamous road May 28, 2011 after attending a party. Police located her tent and truck, but the young woman remains missing.

A year later, Madison's parents are still struggling to cope with her disappearance and are offering $100,000 for information leading to an arrest in the case.

More: http://twocircles.net/2012jun10/43_women_go_missing_canadian_highway_30_years.html

There is a very informative CBS program this evening about the disappearance of Madison Scott, and others, on The Highway of Tears on 48 Hours. I watched it earlier today on an eastern station and it is very good. It gives new information. We see the 'friend' who left Madison there that night and explains why.

There is a very informative program this evening on CBS 48 hours. About Madison Scott and others missing and murdered on the Highway of Tears. I viewed it earlier this evening on an eastern station and it is very good. For the first time I heard that Madison may have been dating a guy who was later found dead, only his severed head was found. I never heard this information before. It sounds like a drug connection.

Was Madison caught in some kind of retaliation?

i'm watching it now

her poor friend :( the one enduring all the accusations!

where are you Madi???

AND the guy she was seeing also went missing a few weeks later and then omgoodness they found his head only no body but it's not connected as per le!!! WHAT??!?!?!?!?

i'm watching it now

her poor friend :( the one enduring all the accusations!

where are you Madi???

AND the guy she was seeing also went missing a few weeks later and then omgoodness they found his head only no body but it's not connected as per le!!! WHAT??!?!?!?!?

It would have been nice to know why they think it's not connected. Was he there the night of the party? I don't think it was asked.

The coverage last night was unsettling...her friend found Madison's rings that she never takes off - on the ground beside her tent - when she returned to the location, around 10am the next morning.

Where is Madison??

http://youtu.be/1ydNvCAxBug

Highway of Tears
November 17, 2012 7:45 PM

A haunted highway that attracts evil ... over 20 girls missing or murdered. Who killed them? Peter Van Sant investigates.

"48 Hours" explores mysteries, murders along the Highway of Tears

Highway of Tears - 48 Hours - CBS News

Northern B.C. homicide witnesses silenced by gang fears

snipped...The severed head of Fribjon Bjornson, 28, was found in a vacant house on the Nak'azdli reserve near Fort St. James on Feb. 3, three weeks after he was last seen about 60 kilometres away at a 7-Eleven in Vanderhoof, B.C.

...Even though Scott and Bjornson knew each other, police and their families say they don't believe there are any links between the two cases.

I was very moved by the show last night and was glad to find this thread today!

The friend finding her rings strikes me as significant, since she said Madison "never took them off." Is it possible that someone approached Madison & she thought they wanted money etc? She could have taken off her rings to try to give to them?

In the surveillance footage from the store, it looks like Madison is wearing an Under Armour jacket. Could it be possible that her phone and keys were in her jacket & that's why they have not been found? If she went missing late at night/early in the morning, it seems very likely she had on a jacket & not just the T-Shirt that was reported.

Also, the way the tent & belongings were found, it looks like she was breaking down the tent, not setting it up. If you're setting up a tent, you lay it flat then put the poles in etc. Usually once the tent is up, you then get your belongings & put them inside (especially since her truck was so close to her camp site). In the photos, it looks like the tent is down and the belongings are on top of it. Could someone have approached while she was breaking down the tent?

It seems weird that the police are so adamant that the boyfriend's death is not linked. Granted, the scenes seem very different (as she disappeared in a way that seems non violent, other than the confusing rings, and he was viciously executed). If someone from the party (or an outsider) approached her saying her boyfriend owed them money, it seems logical she would take off her jewelry and offer it if the situation was threatening & she thought that would get the person to leave. Any thoughts?

One thought comes to mind concerning the rings, is that Madison was forced from the campsite and as a tangible message to family and friends, who knew that - "she never took them ( her rings) off", dropped them surreptitiously, to let it be known she had been there, but was now in serious trouble.

Or, if there was a personal connection in some way to Madison's family, the killer may have placed them as a "kindness" to the family.

Those are definitely great points. My thought about leaving the rings as a sign would be, why all in one place? If I was going to leave a sign & I mad multiple pieces of jewelry, I'd leave a trail. I get that in that situation you're not exactly clearheaded and it would be hard to think that rationally though. Great insights for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back