Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
MISTAKES are always made. The idea is to know them when you see them. Many of those mistakes are probably staring right into the faces of the investigators. It is like sending someone on a treasure hunt without telling them what it is they are looking for. better yet you don't tell your little hunters where to look.

The strangulation issue. maybe the gals were strangled to keep the mess to a minimum. Stabbing and shootings tend to leave a lot of blood behind - at the crime scene and the means of transport.

some folks go to a slot machine and on the first pull they hit the jackpot. Some folks can pull the handle for their entire lives and never hit a jackpot

I know that's right Hawk!

I attended a few seminars on White Collar Crime (Trusted Criminals) and also a few courses.
I had studied a bit on Russian Organized Crime and there is a term in russian (the term escapes me at the moment) that refers to getting members into positions of trust in the Government, LE, etc. Morality aside, it's a pretty intelligent strategy. I'm sure russian organized crime does not have the monopoly on this very effective strategy. Be careful who you elect in your government.

nomenklatura

nomenklatura

Thanks so much CM!

Jim Kouri explains it well here.
He is a great source of info, imho.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kouri/050719
Contemporary Russian organized crime grew out of the Soviet "nomenklatura" system (the government's organizational structure and high-level officials) in which some individual "apparatchiks" (government bureaucrats) developed mutually beneficial personal relationships with the thieves' world. The top of the pyramid of organized crime during the Soviet period was made up of the Communist Party and state officials who abused their positions of power and authority. Economic activities ranged across a spectrum of markets — white, gray, black, and criminal. These markets were roughly defined by whether the goods and services being provided were legal, legal but regulated, or illegal, and by whether the system for providing them was likewise legal, legal but regulated, or illegal. The criminals operated on the illegal end of this spectrum. Tribute gained from black markets and criminal activities was passed up a three-tiered pyramid to the nomenklatura, and the nomenklatura itself (some 1.5 million people) had a vast internal system of rewards and punishments. The giant state apparatus thus not only allowed criminal activity, but encouraged, facilitated, and protected it, because the apparatus itself benefited from crime.These sorts of relationships provided the original nexus between organized crime and the government. From these beginnings, organized crime in Russia evolved to its present ambiguous position of being both in direct collaboration with the state and, at the same time, in conflict with it.Sources:US Department of JusticeUnited Nations ProtocolsNational Criminal Justice Reference ServiceNational Association of Chiefs of PoliceDepartment of Homeland Security© Jim Kouri*

My answer to the question, will the killer be caught is still NO. KO said there is no crime scene and no DNA. The crime scene and DNA is probably in the back seat of a car. Thats why he picked short women. Easier to conceal and carry once he arrives on OP.

He also appears to have quit which is also the key to every serial killer who was never caught - Jack the Ripper, New Orleans Axeman, Cleveland Torso Slayer, Zodiac, Texarkana Phantom, ONS and so on. We don't know which of those individuals (or this party) stopped voluntarily but that's essentially immaterial anyway. Of course, he likely will be caught if he can't keep quiet which is what happened to BTK.

I think that it will take decades if he does get caught.

This case has reminded me of Gary Ridgway since day one.

I hope beyond hope that that is not the case, these women have families and people who love them, but it just always seems like when the "Outcasts" are killed or go missing the general public and the police force don't seem to care as much. :(

I think that it will take decades if he does get caught.

This case has reminded me of Gary Ridgway since day one.

I hope beyond hope that that is not the case, these women have families and people who love them, but it just always seems like when the "Outcasts" are killed or go missing the general public and the police force don't seem to care as much. :(

I hope you are right about the case reminding you of Gary Ridgeway. LE had a bead on him and even interviewed him very early on in the case. I don't know why he didn't click with them as the killer but think it was he was too normal appearing to imagine as the killer. Do you know why?

I was driving a car in Tualatin Or when a body was pulled from behind some RR tracks. She was later included in his list of victims. I think it was in the late 80's and was totally bizarre.

Oh, I see you're from Portland. Welcome neighbor!

:welcome5: How nice of you all to come by! Take your shoes off, sit a spell ;)

I hope you are right about the case reminding you of Gary Ridgeway. LE had a bead on him and even interviewed him very early on in the case. I don't know why he didn't click with them as the killer but think it was he was too normal appearing to imagine as the killer. Do you know why?

I was driving a car in Tualatin Or when a body was pulled from behind some RR tracks. She was later included in his list of victims. I think it was in the late 80's and was totally bizarre.

Oh, I see you're from Portland. Welcome neighbor!

Thank you!

Yeah, I used to go drinking at the Winona Cemetery in my teen years (It's like a half a block from where they were found), my counsellor told me about it, and that's how I learned about him.

I read a few books and articles about the case. By the 80's, when people thought serial killer it was split between the crazy hairy scary dirty homeless looking hitch hiker with a hook for a hand and the Ted Bundy types. Everyone thought Gary Ridgway wasn't smart enough to be the Green River Killer.

That and the police were obsessed with William Stevens, they were convinced it was him.

MISTAKES are always made. The idea is to know them when you see them. Many of those mistakes are probably staring right into the faces of the investigators. It is like sending someone on a treasure hunt without telling them what it is they are looking for. better yet you don't tell your little hunters where to look.

The strangulation issue. maybe the gals were strangled to keep the mess to a minimum. Stabbing and shootings tend to leave a lot of blood behind - at the crime scene and the means of transport.

some folks go to a slot machine and on the first pull they hit the jackpot. Some folks can pull the handle for their entire lives and never hit a jackpot

---------------
Hawk, you may appreciate this, especially because it supports your statement, " many of those mistakes are probably staring right into the faces of the investigators..."

Several years back a family member of mine was transferred as a LT. from Crimes against Children to homicide. His very first homicide investigation involved a very embarassing oversight by several of the very well trained and experienced detectives. They neglected to check a locked area of the home where another family member was later found dead a few weeks later by one of the family members. I cluelessly grilled him, "how could this happen? weren't you supposed to go over some kind of checklist with those detectives?" He told me that these detectives were extremely professional and experienced and at the time didnt think micromanaging them especially when he was so new to the dept was a good idea - morale and all. I am telling you, if something like THAT could happen to that deparment, it can happen to ANY dept.

I am absolutely sure that at some point (perhaps many years), there will be a single identified suspect that will be agreed upon by LE and the general public. It's likely he'll be already deceased or never face formal charges, like we've seen in many notorious SK cases. But there are simply too many bodies and too much focus for me to accept that it will never, eventually, lead to one man.

In the list under Forums for this thread it indicates a last post dated Today 3-26-13 but I don't see it. The last post I see is dated 2-24-13 6:38pm. Am I doing something wrong? I don't think so.

Today 06:19 AM
by PoisonPill

Looks like there was some clean up and a few time outs this morning.
The MP thread is still gone.
But the polls get re-dated as someone votes, even without a comment.

First time to message here on this forum thread and sub-head but my two cents is that this person will be caught. I think it will be a combination of dedicated detectives that will not stop until the solve it or catch the unsub and I believe that the unsub will make a mistake that will help find him. I agree might take time, but I do believe that this person will be caught. of course, jmo :)

a shame about the lisk site. at least flukeyou's gig is up. but not before causing so much pain to the families and all others surrounding the case. that is just evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back