Court

Here is my belief:

Believe09 writes in an affidavit that at the time of the crime, the sky was green. This matter comes to trial and believe09 is called to the stand. The opposing counsel takes my affidavit, asks me to state again (in a sworn statement to the court) the color of the sky. This time I say blue.

The opposing counsel uses this to impeach me.

Correct so the link to the info that contains the definitions of an affidavit and how they might be used doesn't really apply to this case.

The correct explanation to give is the one I just wrote in my previous post.

Interesting that beyond the wife and one daughter, none of those people lives right next to or across the street from CPH. He has two other children. (Wonder why the son, who seems to have been local in 2010, did not submit an affidavit.)

Wives, daughter's and neighbors often have no idea what their husband, dad, neighbor or friend does in private. But if the opposing side offers no one to prove their argument then, yes, this weak supporting documentation will win out.

all the players seem to be present
in oak beach
so since the witness is present
and it says the affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony

a) who is the witness
and b) what does bh, gc, bb, ec, tc - have to do with verifying if hackett saw shannan or not? i don't understand.
none of the above mentioned
were ever quoted in the press

as saying cph saw shannan. so on the face value - their affidavits are valueless.

so why doesnt hackett's lawyer just have the garbage man, the milk man and the mail man sign affidavits? same weight of evidentury value. NADA

where is the affidavit by commissioner dormer stating that hackett is not a person of interest - now THAT would hold weight in the court more than the milk man, mail man, garbage man, and bh, ch, gc, bb, ec and tc.

Here is my belief:

Believe09 writes in an affidavit that at the time of the crime, the sky was green. This matter comes to trial and believe09 is called to the stand. The opposing counsel takes my affidavit, asks me to state again (in a sworn statement to the court) the color of the sky. This time I say blue.

it would seem dear watson
that it would be most advisable
if john ray only had witnesses on HIS side of the court
that were clearly UNIMPEACHABLE.

Here is my belief:

It's great to see you here working this case Believe09. You've done such great work on other cases we could really use you here.

Thanks for the hypothetical PS149. The links that I provided defining affidavits were my attempt to answer TKAM s question(and my own unasked question), "What is an affidavit?". Since I wasn't really sure myself, I provided a definition of it, in the hopes that it would help us understand.

So unless JR has sworn affidavits from people saying the charges against him are true, then this lawsuit is waste of time?

It's great to see you here working this case Believe09. You've done such great work on other cases we could really use you here.

:blushing: I lurk here all of the time, my friend. The effort that all of you have put forth here is astounding-I doubt I will have much to add.

I wonder where they were obtained by the person who sent me the pdf. I haven't found them on any court site and I have been searching for awhile.

If they are available to the public, then shouldn't there be similiar documents online filed on behalf of MG? Assuming any of the witnesses on that side are willing to file affidavits in support of her case.

I can't find any. Granted, I may not be searching using the proper search terms.

Anybody?

The docs are not public until they are filed with the court. My understanding is this is a civil case and NY allows electronic filing - but the docs should be in the list of items filed and should have a court stamp.

Hope that helps - I'm reading very quickly and this may not even be pertinent at the moment :blushing:

Salem

Okay - please do NOT link the documents at this point in time. The docs cannot be authenticated, nor can it be shown that the docs are public.

Do not link them, please.

If we can authenticate the docs - SoSue, Bessie or I will let you all know and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Salem

You guys could save yourselves tons of work if you'd just pm a mod before you post.

Just sayin'...

You guys could save yourselves tons of work if you'd just pm a mod before you post.

Just sayin'...

Okay, but I post ALOT, so you're gonna be a busy girl, Bessie. ;)

(Just messin' with ya...I know what you meant.)

You might want to save your gas and delay your trip until May 7th or May 21st.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back