MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

Duh me! Those are kinda cool. I'd put one of these in them though...
img-thing

I know I am a little wild... I should be careful... lol
Knowing me I'd end p getting arrested for having drug paraphernalia as a fish bowl!

Thank you for the info!

Pretty stingy on autopsy details:

The cause of death for all of the victims was revealed to be “sharp force injuries of the neck.”

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...eased-on-Waltham-murder-victims#axzz2RH1DL2fr

Sorry to be graphic, but the above seems almost designed to minimize the injuries; this differs somewhat from my initial impression that the victims had their "throats slit". Either way, IMO that method of killing doesn't smack of a hired hit. Hitmen typically don't like to get themselves all bloodied, and usually prefer guns/silencers. Up close with a knife/instrument sounds so much more personal than a contracted hit.

Out of curiosity creepingskills, do you know if WPD is a municipal police force (i.e. salaries paid by Waltham)?? Also, wrt rumours of it being a hit, what are those based on. Who would BM have peed off to that extent?

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...eased-on-Waltham-murder-victims#axzz2RH1DL2fr

Sorry to be graphic, but the above seems almost designed to minimize the injuries; this differs somewhat from my initial impression that the victims had their "throats slit". Either way, IMO that method of killing doesn't smack of a hired hit. Hitmen typically don't like to get themselves all bloodied, and usually prefer guns/silencers. Up close with a knife/instrument sounds so much more personal than a contracted hit.

Out of curiosity creepingskills, do you know if WPD is a municipal police force (i.e. salaries paid by Waltham)?? Also, wrt rumours of it being a hit, what are those based on. Who would BM have peed off to that extent?

Someone in the MMA world.
A slit throat is a silent kill.
It is very personal though.
I wonder if Brendan had taken a spot that TT wanted.
TT couldn't go to the olympics so he chose MMA.

I bet the $5 grand was some kind of fee or support $ for Brendan.
It reeks of jealousy wrt Brendan.
not sure where the other 2 fit in.

TT's father apparently got off with a beating.
<rsbm>

Sorry, but I don't get what you're referring to. Are you meaning that you think TT's father was involved in the murders? Who would have beaten him?

I heard Mark Fuhrman say last night that TT held a "9/11 party" in 2012. I can not find a confirmation of this claim online. Has anyone else seen or heard about this alleged party?

I've heard this from multiple people...hit men came from out of state. I would venture to say LE knows this, which explains why they were confident there was no threat to the public in time for the evening news.

Don't hit men use guns? As for LE, clearly they had no clue who did this. People might have been comforting themselves with an idea that hit men came out of state so they wouldn't have to worry about their own safety.

"The investigation into what happened that day and who was responsible has led detectives outside of the state, according to Gary Marchese, the Ward 5 Councilor in Waltham "

Read more: One year later, few answers in murder of Cambridge trio - Cambridge, Massachusetts - Cambridge Chronicle & Tab http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...ers-in-murder-of-Cambridge-trio#ixzz2RG3C1AZk

Considering they've made no arrests, it seems to have led them nowhere. It sounds to me that police in this case went on whild goose chases.

Don't hit men use guns? As for LE, clearly they had no clue who did this. People might have been comforting themselves with an idea that hit men came out of state so they wouldn't have to worry about their own safety.

I'm guessing that since homicide is rare in the city and the killings appeared professional, LE assumed the perp(s) must have been from outside the area. (But why didn't they believe the killers could have been from Boston? Surely Boston has its share of organized crime.)

Of course, it could be argued that TT is not exactly a local, so maybe the cops were on to something. That's yet to be determined.

It was a Sunday night and friends and relatives say that none of the three men answered calls after about 8:15 PM 9/11/11.

The Russian request, to the FBI, to investigate TT was already in full swing.

Brendan's new girlfriend was described as having "swooped in out of nowhere," was transient, from Somalia and was either friends or friendly with TT.

Note: I thought the father left Russia because he was being threatened/pursued. This is the first I've heard that the father left the US for any reason other than brain cancer.

This Canadian Aunt said the father of the bombers was "beaten in the streets of Boston?"

I heard Mark Fuhrman say last night that TT held a "9/11 party" in 2012. I can not find a confirmation of this claim online. Has anyone else seen or heard about this alleged party?

I read DT's tweets. On 9/10 he tweeted something like "Do you know what tomorrow is? Party at my house tomorrow!" (I'd post the tweet here but I heard the mods don't allow social media tweets here).

Agree, if it was a professional hit, the victims would likely have been shot point-blank (probably in the head).

Another note on the timing: Osama bin Laden was killed in May of 2011. These three young men are murdered on September 11th (probably), 2011. TT leaves the US in January of 2012. On April 15th, he is part of a terrorist attack at the Boston Marathon.

All those events may not be connected, but I think it's possibility. The death of bin Laden might have sent an already angry man over the edge.

It makes me wonder if the brothers were planning a second attack at the beginning of May. I was relieved last year when the anniversary of bin Laden's death passed without an incident.

JMO

Interesting you mention that Osama bin Laden's death may have angered Tamerlan Tsarnaev. It likely angered Muslim extremists. Interesting you mention the second attack may have happened on the anniversary of bin Laden's death.

"Tamerlan had a friend named Brendan Mess. In the fall of 2011, Mess and two other men were found with their throats cut, $5,000 lying about and marijuana scattered on their bodies. Again, the naive FBI did not suspect a thing. But Tamerlan probably suspected that he was being trailed, so he went to visit relatives in Makhachkala for six months just to be on the safe side."

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opini...aev-attack-dagestan/479165.html#ixzz2RJmWuq5K
The Moscow Times

I don't think it was meant to minimize. It's the language from the autopsy report, and it's a broad term that could mean one of three types of wounds.
The cause of death for all three victims was determined to be sharp force injuries of the neck. The manner of death for all three was determined to be homicide
http://middlesexda.com/news/press-release-archive.php?reference=403

There was mention in 2011 that the weapon, or one of them, might have been an icepick. So there must have been stab wounds, or puncture wounds. When I was reading the other night, my impression was that any cutting might've occurred postmortem, or as the victims lay dying. I don't know, but the words "nearly decapitated" do not appear in articles from 2011.
Michelle McPhee, a reporter with Wicked Local media partner WCVB-TV, reported that a law enforcement official told her the victims were three men in their 20s, all stabbed to death with a knife or ice pick.

I read DT's tweets. On 9/10 he tweeted something like "Do you know what tomorrow is? Party at my house tomorrow!" (I'd post the tweet here but I heard the mods don't allow social media tweets here).

didn't he become a citizen on 9/11/12?

Who knows:scared:

It was "Sept. 10th, baby. You know what tomorrow is. Party at my house!" #thingsyoudontyellwhenenteringaroom

This was apparently a quote from the Tosh.0 blog about "things you shouldn't yell in a crowded room", that made the rounds on Twitter. DT posted it on Mar. 14., so (like a lot of his tweets), it stands out now, but before he was a terrorist, it was just a bad joke.

At least two of the victims appear to be Jewish. Could that have been a motivation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back