WA WA - Maureen Kelly, 19, Skamania County, 10 June 2013

Laura Rillos ‏@LauraRillos 9m
One of the dogs searching in a Skamania County forest for missing woman who went on a spiritual quest. pic.twitter.com/rbeGyrAYl0

Laura Rillos ‏@LauraRillos 1h
Volunteer searcher says Maureen Kelly crossed this creek and made it up to a road. Her track stops at the pavement. pic.twitter.com/IfZiHWLbHk

Laura Rillos ‏@LauraRillos 1h
This is the campsite in Skamania County that a 19 year woman left to go on a spiritual quest. pic.twitter.com/XR3Vffa5K2

It's very worrisome to me that she was without any protection from the environment and elements, and that her trail ended at a road. Whether wandering in the forest unclothed and unprotected, or making it to a road and someone with bad intent in a car seeing her naked, it's very concerning.

Yep, plus if she was on drugs, she wasn't in the right mindset. Not to mention, I feel like hippies probably still hitchhike or she might not have seen anything wrong with getting in a car with a stranger.

I don't know much about spiritual quests except what I've read about native americans, who often use drugs during such quests. I hope she wasn't doing any drugs. Terribly naive post, I know... this is something I"m relatively unfamiliar with. Still can't get over what a strange headline this makes. I guess this should make national news pretty quickly this way at least.

It is on national news. Somehow, I don't think there are too many folks with her name, Maureen Kelley, that would be considered NA or in an Asian type religion. I'm wondering about the drug angle as well. This girl is only 19.

I wonder who reported her missing? Was she with a group of people? How long was she supposed to have been gone?

It is on national news. Somehow, I don't think there are too many folks with her name, Maureen Kelley, that would be considered NA or in an Asian type religion. I'm wondering about the drug angle as well. This girl is only 19.

At the time of my post we did not have a name, the thread title was just "naked woman on spiritual quest", hence my comment.

So she made it to a road naked-Lord Have Mercy

I don't even want to think what would happen if she got in a car-mm

Why is there no picture of her so people know what she looks like??

Deputies search for naked Vancouver teen missing in Skamania
Woman, 19, reportedly set off on a spiritual quest
By Patty Hastings
Columbian staff writer
Originally published June 10, 2013 at 8:54 a.m., updated June 10, 2013 at 1 p.m.

Deputies are searching for a naked Vancouver woman, 19, who left her campground in west Skamania County on Sunday afternoon.

Maureen Kelly reportedly left the Canyon Creek Campground in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest just after 5 p.m. Sunday on a “spiritual quest,” wearing only a fanny pack that contained a compass and a knife. The woman was supposed to return that night, but didn’t. A friend reported her missing around midnight.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jun/10/deputies-search-naked-woman-missing-skamania

Not much information here or in an Associated Press article at: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...n-Washington-forest-4591664.php#ixzz2VrkRxrl9

They say the night time temps are "mild" at 50 F. :waitasec: Sounds cold to this Florida native!

Prayers she is found safe. Very sad - some people choose behaviors that lead to their deaths. I really hope she is found safe, and can get psychiatric help. I also hope her friends realize now it was a mistake to allow her to walk away in a public park naked. She may as well have run out in the road in heavy traffic. There are some people who are born without acute survival instinct, and they don't live to old age. How do some people have exceptional will to survive, that they can get through almost anything, and some people go out into the wilderness and strip naked and walk off into the distance on a public road?

ummmmmm, well naked at night is never a good thing! imo

Well that's a new one! Kind of a twist on the old " she ran off with no worldly possessions because she is crazy like that" story. I wonder who the friend is and if anyone else who knows her thinks she would hike naked all day in the forest. Ewww, little buggies flying around, ants, scratchy branches and dirt in private places. Sweat with no clothes to absorb it. Bloody feet. Really, she chose to do this?

(This one reminds me of Lorinda from New Hampshire. She wasn't naked but her boyfriend claimed she ran off on a "quest" wearing shorts and a shirt with no shoes, no vehicle, no phone and no money.)

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder who thought she'd discover her spirituality naked t night? Why not have a buddy, kwim?

not to make light of a missing person case, but it won't be hard to ID her if someone sees her. I mean how many women could be running around naked in the forest at night?

So worried about her! There are victimizers every where in this world. I am really hoping she didn't run into one. I wanted to see "found safe" by her name. It is so cold. Hope Maureen comes home safe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back