KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

Also, some of the news articles have mentioned that her personal belongings (purse and suitcases) were left behind in the Dillon Court house. But nothing has really said why she'd have suitcases there. A purse I understand, but suitcases? Personally, at 18 years old, I would not have wanted to stay in a house with no electricity during a humid KY summer. (Wouldn't want to do that now, either--my hair frizzes just thinking about it.) Had she moved out of her folks' house and into the Dillon Court house because of a conflict with her parents? Or was she getting ready to travel somewhere for a post-graduation trip? I'm assuming the suitcases were packed, since there's been mention of "leaving her belongings behind"...but maybe they were empty, and she was just lending them to the house owner to use as he moved out? (Although if that's the case, why bring up the suitcases at all?)

Her social media pages (especially the Pinterest page) have a whole lot about wedding and baby stuff, as if she'd been counting on marriage and starting a family in the very near future, as the next step after graduating from HS. And none of the news articles or FB postings have mentioned anything about any plans for college (as in, "We don't think she would have run away, because she was excited about starting at EKU in the fall," etc.), or starting a new job. If her long-term relationship had recently broken up--and with it, her "next step" plans--I wonder if she could have been feeling directionless, and maybe decided to just get away and figure out what to do next. I don't think that's what happened, unfortunately (especially without her purse and suitcases), but I hope that it is.

Yes, she had moved into the house, the owner is facing foreclosure and has to move out. I guess that's why her bags were packed. I don't konw what the relationship with the owner is, but her BF is a different person.I don;t think she left on her own with no car, it is too rural, a long walk and no one else is missing around here.

Hey everyone! I'm new here and have been lurking for awhile. I'm wondering how investigators can't track her cell phone at all?

Hey everyone! I'm new here and have been lurking for awhile. I'm wondering how investigators can't track her cell phone at all?

:welcome5: Stephmitch15, I don't know why they haven't traced the phone, they may have and are not saying right now. May be why they are searching where they are.

Hi Stephmitch- I'm somewhat of a lurker here too :)

I'm thinking the cell phone may not have GPS. A smart-phone type would, but a basic phone would not. Another thought is that the GPS may be turned off. When I am in a rural area my phone burns a lot of battery while it tries to utilize the GPS, so I turn it off....

:welcome5: Stephmitch15, I don't know why they haven't traced the phone, they may have and are not saying right now. May be why they are searching where they are.

Thank you! If the family is calling and it keeps ringing, wouldn't it have to ping off a tower near by? Or does that require the GPS to be turned on? :confused:

I'm thinking the cell phone may not have GPS. A smart-phone type would, but a basic phone would not. Another thought is that the GPS may be turned off. When I am in a rural area my phone burns a lot of battery while it tries to utilize the GPS, so I turn it off....

You can see her cell phone in several facebook pics, link in post up there^^^

Does a cell phone need the GPS turned on to ping off a tower? I mean, even a basic phone would send signal to a tower, right? :dunno: Sorry for all these questions! Just trying to get informed here!

Does a cell phone need the GPS turned on to ping off a tower? I mean, even a basic phone would send signal to a tower, right? :dunno: Sorry for all these questions! Just trying to get informed here!

No, any working cell phone has to ping a tower to be able to make or receive calls.

Sorry guys, I was thinking GPS to find her location because it seems like a large area to search.... A ping or pings off a tower(s) doesn't give very specific location info. But you are all correct, of course, it would be something helpful to know a general area.

That's why I don't post vey often- I end up sounding like a dum dum. :blushing:

Sorry guys, I was thinking GPS to find her location because it seems like a large area to search.... A ping or pings off a tower(s) doesn't give very specific location info. But you are all correct, of course, it would be something helpful to know a general area.

Hey Annie, keep on posting and don't let anybody make you feel like you are not contributing.:seeya:

I was as confused as you were! Do we know the last person to see her? Or see her leave with anyone?

The last person to see her, that we know of, was the homeowner. The cause of the fire was a cig between the cushions of the couch. She had no car, just her cell phone. This is a real rural area. I live about five miles from the house she went missing from.

So, from Jwpmoyer's first post, the news story says:

"The 18-year-old's been missing ever since Saturday morning. Police say she was at the home in Berea with another man. They say he told them he left for a bit, then came back and found the fire burning, Farthing gone, but several personal items left behind."
It's from this one:
(http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/...-County-teenager-212757781.html?device=tablet)

Anyway, I find the word "another" to be interesting. Do they mean a man other than the homeowner? If so, was this person a friend of hers, or homeowners?

Also odd to me is that they say he left "for a bit".... I wonder how long he was gone and where he went. And can they verify it?

Oop I was posting at the same time as Alisha8191- sounds like maybe the reporter was just using loose language there. They prob meant another person, meaning the homeowner...

okay, so why did he leave? then come back?? I also want to know where he even went?

So, homeowner leaves, comes back and house is on fire/something inside is on fire

If something in my house was on fire, I would be out of there. Could she have gotten lost while running out?

Yes, the couch was on fire, Brooke was gone, he called 911, the fire was put out, but the house had smoke damage. She could have ran, but I doubt it.

The last person to see her, that we know of, was the homeowner. The cause of the fire was a cig between the cushions of the couch. She had no car, just her cell phone. This is a real rural area. I live about five miles from the house she went missing from.

So, did she smoke then?

So, did she smoke then?

I don't know if she smoked. I wish I could find that out. Probably did as most young people here smoke.:dunno: I live on Hwy 25, they drive fast here, someone probably hit an electric pole.

I don't know if she smoked. I wish I could find that out. Probably did as most young people here smoke.:dunno: I live on Hwy 25, they drive fast here, someone probably hit an electric pole.

Quoting myself since my post doesn't make much sense. I meant to say I lost my electricity for a while and I was sorry for taking so long to answer you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back