GUILTY Canada - Bill, 65, Bridget, 63, & Caleb Harrison, 40, slain, Mississauga, 2009-2013 *Retrial*

And that implies that both of his parents died while he was in prison.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/782395/mississauga-murder-three-deaths-one-home-and-a-mystery/

Bridget’s body was discovered on April 21, 2010, by her grandson, the elder of Caleb’s two children.She died within a week of the first anniversary of her husband’s passing.

From November 2009 until last week, the children lived in the Harrison family home on Pitch Pine Crescent.

So, Caleb is in jail starting March 9 2009 for 18 months - so presumably til Aug 2010. Dad dies April 2009, mom dies April 21 2010 - but the children were living in the Harrison family home from Nov 2009 til a couple of weeks ago? With who, from April 2010 til Caleb released in Aug 2010? Or was Caleb released early (and prior to his mom's death?)

This is one of the strangest cases I've read in quite a while.
I wish they would release the cause of death on all three, though I might have missed it when reading.

That said, while reading the first article
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...a_mystery_what_happened_to_the_harrisons.html

did they just cut the article off short, or am I not seeing a 2nd page?
This is the last paragraph I see in that article
'Caleb’s relationship with his wife came to an abrupt end in June 2005 after he was charged with domestic assault and jailed for three days, court records from Brampton and Halton Region show. He was later convicted and given a suspended sentence plus two years’ probation.'

"Not long after Caleb was jailed, on a Thursday in mid-April, Bill was found dead in the family home. His passing was sudden and unexplained. An official cause of death was never determined, according to police, but there was nothing to suggest it was suspicious at the time. People figured he had an aneurysm or a heart attack."
<snip>
She died within a week of the first anniversary of her husband’s passing. Her 8-year-old grandson came home from school that day and found his Nana at the bottom of a staircase on the home’s main floor, within feet from where Bill died, according to neighbours. Police would not confirm this detail. Bridget’s death was classified as suspicious.

“There was all kinds of speculation,” said Larry Sturino, who lives down the street from the Harrison home. “Did she fall down the stairs or was she pushed? Who knows?”

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/782395/mississauga-murder-three-deaths-one-home-and-a-mystery/

It does not sound like there was an autopsy for Mr. Harrison. If there had been it would have been determined if it was an aneurysm or heart attack. It would be hard to determine if Mrs. Harrison was pushed but there must be something that made it suspicious.
It certainly is a mysterious case. :confused:

This is one of the strangest cases I've read in quite a while.
I wish they would release the cause of death on all three, though I might have missed it when reading.

That said, while reading the first article
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...a_mystery_what_happened_to_the_harrisons.html

did they just cut the article off short, or am I not seeing a 2nd page?
This is the last paragraph I see in that article
'Caleb&#8217;s relationship with his wife came to an abrupt end in June 2005 after he was charged with domestic assault and jailed for three days, court records from Brampton and Halton Region show. He was later convicted and given a suspended sentence plus two years&#8217; probation.'

Good question! There was much more to the article when I originally read it. It detailed what happened after Caleb was incarcerated, which really is the meat of the story. Somehow a significant part of the article is missing.

Here you go....the Brampton Guardian has the full version of the story still.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news-story/4058390-three-deaths-one-home-and-a-mystery-what-happened-to-the-harrisons-/

It is in the second half of the original article where the story gets curiouser and curiouser.

Good question! There was much more to the article when I originally read it. It detailed what happened after Caleb was incarcerated, which really is the meat of the story. Somehow a significant part of the article is missing.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news-story/4058390-three-deaths-one-home-and-a-mystery-what-happened-to-the-harrisons-/

It is in the second half of the original article where the story gets curiouser and curiouser.

Family of the deceased taxi driver?How do we come up with a theory without putting to who may have motive? Revenge towards Caleb and his entire family? His ex-wife and family?

Family of the deceased taxi driver?How do we come up with a theory without putting to who may have motive? Revenge towards Caleb and his entire family? His ex-wife and family?

I have this gut instinct that if there was a grudge against Caleb so strong that the frustration led "them" (the taxi driver's family or the family of one of the teens seriously injured in the accident) to take it out on Caleb's family that killing his father would have been enough. I just don't see them following up and killing his mother a year later.

I'm leaning toward a motive related to his children. Who had custody in spite of Caleb going to jail? His parents did. Then dad dies. But mother still is emotionally strong enough to keep taking care of her grandkids. If we kill her then perhaps custody will transfer before Caleb gets released. And then Caleb gets out....and he had primary custody of the kids.

I really have no idea what happened....whether they were all murdered...whether it has anything to do with the kids...but there seems to be a possible connection to the kids.

I have this gut instinct that if there was a grudge against Caleb so strong that the frustration led "them" (the taxi driver's family or the family of one of the teens seriously injured in the accident) to take it out on Caleb's family that killing his father would have been enough. I just don't see them following up and killing his mother a year later.

I'm leaning toward a motive related to his children. Who had custody in spite of Caleb going to jail? His parents did. Then dad dies. But mother still is emotionally strong enough to keep taking care of her grandkids. If we kill her then perhaps custody will transfer before Caleb gets released. And then Caleb gets out....and he had primary custody of the kids.

I really have no idea what happened....whether they were all murdered...whether it has anything to do with the kids...but there seems to be a possible connection to the kids.

Makes sense, that was my first thought, they would have the most to gain, custody. I doubt they'd gain the house though. Bizarre crime. I feel important details are left out.
I would need to know more about his ex-wife's family and ties and the same with the taxi cab to search for motive and means. I hope they release COD and more info on this case.

Makes sense, that was my first thought, they would have the most to gain, custody. I doubt they'd gain the house though. Bizarre crime. I feel important details are left out.
I would need to know more about his ex-wife's family and ties and the same with the taxi cab to search for motive and means. I hope they release COD and more info on this case.

Who would be in line to inherit the house? I really wonder if Caleb had a will. If he didn't, wouldn't the house be inherited by his kids?

Who would be in line to inherit the house? I really wonder if Caleb had a will. If he didn't, wouldn't the house be inherited by his kids?

Doesn't the article mention a sister? Or is he the only son?

Great thought.

I am sure LE would considered this as a motive.

Thank you! I was baffled by how much more information others had gotten from the first link. I wonder why they redacted it so heavily?

It does seem possible that the children are the motive somehow with their mother having been previously convicted of parental kidnapping and her pending request to increase her custodial rights.

Doesn't the article mention a sister? Or is he the only son?

Great thought.

I am sure LE would considered this as a motive.

The articles I read said specifically that Caleb was the Harrisons's only child. I suppose his birth parents may have had other children who would be his siblings but I don't think they'd have any claim to his estate.

This is from a Toronto Star article dated earlier than their Aug 30 more detailed story (and subsequently posted via Brampton Guardian in post #26 above).

Harrison was last seen coaching his children at the baseball diamond in Eringate Park, near Eglinton Ave. W. and Renforth Dr. at about 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, though there was also some phone activity after that time, Cowan said.

&#8220;We&#8217;d like to get some background, some history on his movements in the last few weeks,&#8221; Cowan said.

Police believe he was operating a green Mustang was known to visit licensed establishments in the area.

Does that last comment imply that he had gone back to heavy drinking? A lot of people go to bars and aren't heavy drinkers, but it's odd that they used the phrase that they did. If Caleb did start drinking heavily again and was driving around in his green Mustang, imagine how the victims from his earlier DUI accident would feel about that!

In this article it also states that the kids lived with their mother, but in later articles it was implied that she had the kids every second weekend and on vacation and had just filed for fully shared custody.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/08/24/suspicious_death_in_mississauga_now_a_homicide.html

It's been quit awhile with no news. Surely they have a cause of death by now. It's a pretty strange case to not be getting more media attention.

seems like Caleb had more than a few potential enemies but I suspect we will see an arrest before the end of the year

problem is, where will the children go then?

seems like Caleb had more than a few potential enemies but I suspect we will see an arrest before the end of the year

problem is, where will the children go then?

But what about his Mothers suspicious death? The three of them dieing in the house is either a bizarre coincidence or something hinky. Something just doesn't seem right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back