CT - Michael Skakel & the murder of Martha Moxley, Greenwich, 1975 *Not Guilty*

It is amazing that justice was finally served in this case at all. As we see with the Doug Kennedy thread in the PL, the Kennedy machine is really impressive.

When the 20-year minimum is up, will Skakel have to confess to the crime and show remorse to be paroled? Does anybody know?

It is amazing that justice was finally served in this case at all. As we see with the Doug Kennedy thread in the PL, the Kennedy machine is really impressive.

But no where near as impressive as the Bush machine. No. where. near.

Just watch. Skakel will now try to appeal to the Supreme Court, as Phil Spector did. And as in the Spector case, the Supreme Court will decline to hear Skakel's case.

I have researched this case and the evidence against Skakel is overwhelming. This guy is a sociopath and a waste of air.

If it weren't for the Kennedy connection he'd have been sentenced to life.

I guess I don't really get this terrible mans relationship to the Kennedys? He keeps being called Kennedy cousin. Who is he?

did it ever come out as to why he killed Martha?

did it ever come out as to why he killed Martha?

IIRC, it was something to do with Martha and his brother, a jealousy thing. At least I think that is what Mark Fuhrman thought. moo

Kennedy cousin denied parole in 1975 slaying

SUFFIELD, Conn. -- Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel was denied a bid for freedom Wednesday at his first parole hearing since he was convicted a decade ago of killing his neighbor in 1975.

Skakel, who proclaimed his innocence at the hearing, nodded and patted his attorney on the back after the three-person state parole board read the unanimous decision. He will next be eligible for parole in 2017.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/24/3064484/kennedy-cousin-skakel-gets-first.html#storylink=cpy

Kennedy cousin denied parole in 1975 slaying

SUFFIELD, Conn. -- Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel was denied a bid for freedom Wednesday at his first parole hearing since he was convicted a decade ago of killing his neighbor in 1975.

Skakel, who proclaimed his innocence at the hearing, nodded and patted his attorney on the back after the three-person state parole board read the unanimous decision. He will next be eligible for parole in 2017.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/24/3064484/kennedy-cousin-skakel-gets-first.html#storylink=cpy

all i have to say about it is: GOOD.

Parole boards like it when you show remorse.

Another chunk of time where the Moxley family can relax again.

Thank goodness! Skakel had 20+ years of undeserved freedom before he went to prison. I am so happy for the Martha Moxley's family; her mother seems to be such a gracious lady.

I hadn't seen this thread previously and would have posted about the made-for-TV movie, "Murder In Greenwich", that is airing on LMN right now. It started at 8:00. I've seen the film and can recommend it as worthwhile viewing. I'm sure that it will be on LMN again as they tend to show movies several times after they premiere. Christopher Meloni (Elliot Stabler on L&A: SVU) portrays Mark Fuhrman.

Seeing on CNN that skakel's conviction is being thrown out. I'm upset about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back