NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #2

It wasn't Kyle. Although they said the remains matched the case perfectly they must have done DNA tests or maybe compared dental records to determine that it wasn't Kyle.

It isn't Kyle. :( Still praying for a resolution. . . .
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-123008-al-remains_found.1fefb691.html

Segment:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Police say human remains found near a construction site in southwest Charlotte belong to a murder victim, but not Kyle Fleischmann.

On Tuesday, the medical examiner released a description of the victim that matches the Fleischmann case almost perfectly. Investigators looked at the possibility this week, but we're told that police are absolutely positive the remains found last week are not those of Fleischmann.

I live here in NC and I read in our papers that he was ruled out with dentals. Kyle had veneers(sp)I remember seeing it on the local news. I do think they had to do DNA on the young man, they also said that the remains matched a total of 30 persons missing in the area or around the area.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/18870201/detail.html

Cadaver Dogs Searching For Fleischmann Uncover Nothing
Posted: 11:05 am EST March 6, 2009
Updated: 10:51 pm EST March 6, 2009

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cadaver dogs spent nearly two hours Friday searching an area just outside of uptown Charlotte for the remains of Kyle Fleischmann, who disappeared after leaving an uptown bar 16 months ago. Late Friday night, investigators said they did not find anything, however.

Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and a federal prosecutor were near an area along 16th Street between Caldwell and North Davidson streets for more than four hours. An Eyewitness News source revealed they arrived after a judge approved a search warrant filed by the ATF to allow agents to take cadaver dogs to the area.

more at link

Thanks Lizzybeth!

I went through the list and the one that fits with ATF is violent gangs. A good year or so ago a (Senator) from Minnesota threw a fit about local LE not taking seriously all the young men Kyle's age disappearing and the FBI did promise to take a closer look.

That was the Smiley face killer case. Once the Feds said they'd take a look, all went quiet.

The MS-13 gang was one of the gangs theorized that were behind this as an initiation type thing.
Violent gangs deal with gun trafficking, so that would involve the ATF.

Another curious thing to note is since the Smiley Face Killer story broke and went public, these types of deaths and disappearances slowed down to a trickle.
We'll see how it goes when the weather warms up in the next few months. Although many of the previous cases happened in the dead of winter when people avoid the water.

From the FBI website:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/ngic/violent_gangs.htm

About 20,000 violent street gangs, motorcycle gangs, and prison gangs with approximately 1 million members are criminally active in the U.S. today. Many are sophisticated and well organized; all use violence to control neighborhoods and boost their illegal money-making activities, which include drug trafficking, robbery, theft, fraud, extortion, prostitution rings, and gun trafficking. Here, you'll find more on the threats posed by gangs, on how you can help spot and prevent gang activity, and on how we're redoubling our efforts to disrupt and dismantle them through intelligence-driven investigations and new initiatives and partnerships.....

SuziQ, You are correct...after the FBI got involved, things went quite..

That's NO 'coincidence', in my opinion....

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/18870201/detail.html

Cadaver Dogs Searching For Fleischmann Uncover Nothing
Posted: 11:05 am EST March 6, 2009
Updated: 10:51 pm EST March 6, 2009

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cadaver dogs spent nearly two hours Friday searching an area just outside of uptown Charlotte for the remains of Kyle Fleischmann, who disappeared after leaving an uptown bar 16 months ago. Late Friday night, investigators said they did not find anything, however.

Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and a federal prosecutor were near an area along 16th Street between Caldwell and North Davidson streets for more than four hours. An Eyewitness News source revealed they arrived after a judge approved a search warrant filed by the ATF to allow agents to take cadaver dogs to the area.

more at link

A Federal Prosecutor was there as well? The more I think about it, the more I think they have pretty solid info as to what happened to Kyle. While Kyle may not ever be recoverable, I hope that knowing the answer will give his family closure.

A Federal Prosecutor was there as well? The more I think about it, the more I think they have pretty solid info as to what happened to Kyle. While Kyle may not ever be recoverable, I hope that knowing the answer will give his family closure.

I agree that someone is "talking" relative to their own situation or they planted a "cell mate". The thing is though, I am not convinced that really happened or someone might be using it to win favor.

I have read up on some of the really scary gang stuff on here, and if that were the case, they have a very distinct MO that does not include hiding remains. To this day, the phone calls from his phone that were witheld haunt me about this case.

I agree that someone is "talking" relative to their own situation or they planted a "cell mate". The thing is though, I am not convinced that really happened or someone might be using it to win favor.

I have read up on some of the really scary gang stuff on here, and if that were the case, they have a very distinct MO that does not include hiding remains. To this day, the phone calls from his phone that were witheld haunt me about this case.

ITA about hiding the remains. That usually points to someone known to the victim. Kyle doesn't appear to have ever known any gangbanger types. Thanks for the reminder of the phone calls. I had forgotten about them. Maybe someone found his phone or something IDK. The answer is probably no, but has phone ping info ever been released?

Being from this area and hearing about all the gangs in Charlotte. Charlotte has been ranked 4 in gang activity it is bad around here.

Just my thought. I think he could of have ran into the wrong people in downtown Charlotte on the night he disappeared. As you remember there were several phone calls made but all were to people that were not home. I think one was to his dads work phone. Just my thought but could he had been placed in a trunk of a car and was rolling around tied up or drunk tring to call someone for help but was taped or bounded? I do think they will find his body this year just my feeling, but gangs dumping bodies in Charlotte this a common thing in Charlotte.

I live just outside Charlotte and I know gang killings haven't been rare around here, sadly, but Kyle seems like an awfully unlikely victim. From the (admittedly limited) amount that I know about him, it doesn't seem like he'd have had many opportunities to have a run-in with a gang unless it was entirely random coincidence. Which is possible, too - Ira Yarmalenko was murdered by strangers, but I don't know how likely it is. I'm sorry that this most recent search didn't turn up anything.

ITA about hiding the remains. That usually points to someone known to the victim. Kyle doesn't appear to have ever known any gangbanger types. Thanks for the reminder of the phone calls. I had forgotten about them. Maybe someone found his phone or something IDK. The answer is probably no, but has phone ping info ever been released?

Not officially, just that he stayed in the general area I believe. The 4 consecutive phone calls to his Dad's business after hours was witheld for a while and actually mentioned by his Dad, I think out of frustration.

I think it is really important at this point that they release a grid of cleared areas.

Thinking of Kyle's mom and dad. Hope they get some more answers soon!

Remembering Kyle and praying that his family will have some answers soon.

Bumping for Kyle. Prayers for him and his family.

Missing Charlotte Man To Be Depicted On NASCAR Car

The case of a Charlotte man who vanished nearly two years ago will be under the lights of NASCAR this weekend.

A car set to race has a missing person’s picture of Kyle Fleischmann on the hood.

The Kyle Fleischmann Foundation has teamed up with Rick Ware Racing and Liberty Port in hopes the exposure will bring new leads in the case. Fleischmann disappeared on Nov.9, 2007, in uptown Charlotte.

21282197_240X135.jpg

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/21285868/detail.html

It was two years ago today that 24 year old Kyle Fleischman disappeared in Charlotte, NC. He had been to see Dane Cook at the uptown arena, then to Buckhead Saloon until it closed. Surveillance video showed him leaving the bar alone.

www.helpfindkyle.com

The one mistake that led to his misfortune was that when he left the bar at2:20 a.m., he forgot his jacket and the bar closed.

He had no way home and no wallet. He did have his cell phone and some money. He tried calling several people but didn't reach anyone.

He went to nearby Fuel Pizza and was in the uptown Charlotte area until approximately 3:30 a.m. according to pings from cell towers.

Then, he simply vanished without a trace.

Kyle's friends and family have searched exhaustively for him and his case has been featured on national television.

Two years later, the mystery remains - what happened to Kyle Fleischman?

Children playing in snowy woods find skeletal remains

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Some children playing in the snow found human remains, and police in North Carolina largest city are trying to determine what happened to the victim.
The Charlotte Observer reported that someone called Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police just before noon Saturday to report the skeletal remains, which were determined to be human.
The remains were found in the woods on the city's west side near Interstate 85.
Police weren't immediately able to determine the gender, race or age of the body and didn't immediately know how long it had been in the woods. They also aren't sure how the person died and classified the case as a death investigation. In addition to collecting evidence and photographing the scene, investigators were going through open missing-person cases.
http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6932627/

I think about Kyle often. I have sons near the same age and they go out with friends uptown when they are home. I preach to them every time about sticking together. If this is Kyle I pray it will help answer the family's questions and give them some closure. I just heard on the local news that LE is checking the missing person list to see if anyone matches the remains. There was no mention of Kyle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back