TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, though, that if you call, write, or email the media, you do so as a representative of yourself and not of WebSleuths, unless you have made arrangements to do so.

Thank you, wfgodot- I should have added that reminder.

But they are under no obligation to release anything. I think if they had any inclination to release the 911 calls they would have done so by now. after a year... I don't think so. Basically save your dime for someone who cares.

Perhaps people should start emailing and calling all of the local and national media outlets and requesting they approach LE about releasing the 911 calls.

Rather than beating the dead horse that is a constant and circular discussion regarding the 'oddness' of Holly's case and the 'constantly changing' or 'misrepresented in the media' stories, the 911 calls are solid evidence of a crime in progress.

Pressure from the media is what is going to affect LE, with the one exception being that there might be a darn good reason that LE has for not releasing the 911 calls- and it is not a coverup or cover for someone- it is because they feel it may affect the case integrity.

So I suggest a mass email and calling campaign to all media outlets, specifying how much renewed interest there would be in Holly's abduction... and the media outlet that can first get ahold of the 911 calls.

Mvho, of course.

Interesting how the ID and Dateline shows seem to get access to actual 911 calls involving the cases they work on...

But they are under no obligation to release anything. I think if they had any inclination to release the 911 calls they would have done so by now. after a year... I don't think so. Basically save your dime for someone who cares.

I agree. I'm sure the media did request the 911 calls back when the case was in the news. Ultimately, it's probably up to LE when they are released. Although, some states might give more control to the media when it comes to obtaining that information. I don't know what the rules are for Tennessee.

The 911 call in the Ramsey case didn't come out until 2003. We still haven't heard the 911 call in this case or the Baby Lisa case or Isabel's case. I don't know if it's as simple as the media requesting the call, and it being played on the news the day later. I think it's up to LE and the laws in that particular state.

I know its different here in Florida where the sunshine laws make a lot of stuff public acccess

"The Tennessee Senate has passed a Bill to block public rebroadcasting of 911 emergency calls without the written consent of the person whose voice is recorded."
(emphasis mine)

http://purplelawfirm.com/blog_news/...nate-votes-to-prevent-broadcast-of-911-calls/
I'm not so sure those bills were ever passed into law. I can't find a 911 confidentiality law in the TN Code:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

Maybe somebody else can find it, but it looks to me like there is no law that says the 911 caller must consent to having the audio released. I'm pretty sure it should be under Title 10, Part 5. My guess is LE is just somehow keeping the 911 calls under wraps as part of an active investigation.

I'm not so sure those bills were ever passed into law. I can't find a 911 confidentiality law in the TN Code:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

Maybe somebody else can find it, but it looks to me like there is no law that says the 911 caller must consent to having the audio released. I'm pretty sure it should be under Title 10, Part 5. My guess is LE is just somehow keeping the 911 calls under wraps as part of an active investigation.

I see what you mean: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HB1539.pdf

"This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public wefare requiring it."

For the time being, I guess it's in legislative limbo?

I'm not sure what we would learn if we did hear the 911 calls...LE has heard them, and they can't seem to solve the case...JMO

I'm not sure what we would learn if we did hear the 911 calls...LE has heard them, and they can't seem to solve the case...JMO

For my own perspective, I think it would put to rest some of the mystery surrounding the case.

jmo

Well, for one, we might be able to get a good idea of the sense(s) of urgency transmitted by the caller(s) in relation to the disappearance IF WE COULD BUT HEAR THE D+MN 911 RECORDINGS!!

And if we ever get far enough along in the process of maybe, JUST MAYBE, having the 911 calls released and T.B.I. says well, we'd like to, but there are names named on the tape(s) so we are afraid we'll have to hold on to them, JUST TELL THEM TO BEEP OUT THE D+MN NAME(S) AND PROCEED FROM THERE!!

No, no, I'm not frustrated, no, no, not me. Thanks.

If I ever get invaded, abducted, kidnapped, assaulted, murdered, hi-jacked, car-jacked, robbed, or stranded.....I pray to the good Lord I'm not in Tennessee.

If I ever get invaded, abducted, kidnapped, assaulted, murdered, hi-jacked, car-jacked, robbed, or stranded.....I pray to the good Lord I'm not in Tennessee.
Poor Holly. I feel so bad that this case has gone so cold. It is almost like Holly never existed and everyone has moved on...except for us of course.

After reading just this short thread (I have read since the beginning, but not stuck to it), I'm starting to see this case in a new light.

First, we have Holly going into the woods with SOMEONE, as witnessed by her brother.

Secondly, we have a near-hysterical mother who tells her son to "get the gun," or some such close words.

Then we have a friend who bursts out crying because Holly does not show up for "THE" most important test.

After that we hear the brother saying (paraphrase) "we might not be seeing Holly for a long while," or some such.

Then we have her mom saying collected money will be used for a "vacation" for Holly when this is over - another paraphrase.

After that there is a drug bust (shades of Haleigh Cummings), and an investigation.

Now, MY theory, and MINE only, and this is just what I'm surmising - suppose Holly was a "plant" in a drug ring/operation? Suppose, bear with my idea for a minute, that mom knew about it, and that's why she was hysterical? Now, maybe brother didn't know all the details and was not so concerned, maybe he thought it was all part and parcel of her participation?

I know this may sound far-fetched, but. . . let us not forget the pastor (involved with the Bobos???) who killed the father of the bride.

There are several more "interesting" happenings, but that's enough for now.

I do believe there's a LOT more going on here than anyone can fathom due, in part, to the shifting stories, and the information blackout - a LOT more.

My opinion only :cow:

Snipped for brevity:

After reading just this short thread (I have read since the beginning, but not stuck to it), I'm starting to see this case in a new light.

Now, MY theory, and MINE only, and this is just what I'm surmising - suppose Holly was a "plant" in a drug ring/operation? Suppose, bear with my idea for a minute, that mom knew about it, and that's why she was hysterical? Now, maybe brother didn't know all the details and was not so concerned, maybe he thought it was all part and parcel of her participation?

I know this may sound far-fetched, but. . . let us not forget the pastor (involved with the Bobos???) who killed the father of the bride.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a plant in a drug ring/operation?

I took that as like an undercover buyer working with the cops to bust a drug ring (a theory that I do not buy) Most of those people are druggies that got busted and cut a deal to go after the higher ups in the business to get a reduced sentence themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17