Results from Genealogy DNA testing are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands right now, what is the likelihood in percentage that BK is from the Powell Family line or the Davidson or Davison Family line?

Quoting from Wikipedia;
This Davidson had a very different haplotype from the members of the Davidson DNA surname study[15]. The fact that Kyle has several lukewarm matches to Powells, with a single strong match to a Davison, seems to indicate the presence of a nonpaternity event in the male line of his family, that is, an adoption, a name change, or an illegitimacy. It is surmised that his legal name might be Davidson, but that genetically he is a Powell.

What does the above mean? He has one YDNA genealogy, either powell or Davidson so the statement above MUST MEAN, THE DAVIDSON LINE that he matches is NOT REALLY DAVIDSON they are actually Powells correct? Otherwise the above statements make no sense. Not necessarily that Benjaman's paternity was ever in question because this paternity situation could be back 6 generations is my understanding.
Someone enlighten me if I am wrong please.

Hi Everyone - I got excited when I found this. I think it bears checking into. Could this be BK? Bobby Eugene Powell was severely injured in the incident, but his body has never been found. From Moultrie, GA...let me know what you think.

Bobby Eugene Powell, Brandi Drive, was 46 when he was last seen in the Colquitt County area Aug. 17, 2000

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/local/local_story_068223309.html?keyword=topstory

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/local/local_story_247232642.html

Wouldn't he have had his fingerprints taken?
I could not find a pic of him.
Not listed on missing persons list for GA.
What kind of injuries did he sustain?

Wouldn't he also be too young? I think I recall this guy mentioned before...
Wouldn't he have had his fingerprints taken?
I could not find a pic of him.
Not listed on missing persons list for GA.
What kind of injuries did he sustain?

Quoting from Wikipedia;
This Davidson had a very different haplotype from the members of the Davidson DNA surname study[15]. The fact that Kyle has several lukewarm matches to Powells, with a single strong match to a Davison, seems to indicate the presence of a nonpaternity event in the male line of his family, that is, an adoption, a name change, or an illegitimacy. It is surmised that his legal name might be Davidson, but that genetically he is a Powell.

What does the above mean? He has one YDNA genealogy, either powell or Davidson so the statement above MUST MEAN, THE DAVIDSON LINE that he matches is NOT REALLY DAVIDSON they are actually Powells correct? Otherwise the above statements make no sense. Not necessarily that Benjaman's paternity was ever in question because this paternity situation could be back 6 generations is my understanding.
Someone enlighten me if I am wrong please.

I think how I read this is exactly as stated, that an event in the male line of his family, such as adoption, name change or an illegitimacy.... It could be that somewhere in the Davidson line they have a genetic link to the powell family, but perhaps for whatever reason a male child carried the Davidson surname rather than the Powell surname.

It could even be a mother with a young child whose father, her husband passed away. She later married a man who then adopted her child and the child carried his surname, even though he was not biologically related to the lineage of the surname he carried.

At least that is how I interpret it...

hth

eta: it is possible this happened more than once in the ydna line... thus his legal name could possibly be neither Powell or Davidson.

Bobby Powell would be on the low side of the estimate for BK, but possible sure. Provided he does not have fingerprints in AFIS. I would think that the fastest determination would be the ex wife, Sandra Powell Fielder

http://www.tqsi.com/davidsongenes2/family.php?family=G110

Michael Davison and Robert Holden Davidson

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Can we go back through and see if we missed any missing with the last names of Davison or Davidson??

Looks to me like Ben is in a different haplo group from these two Davidsons, although the rest of the markers line up or nearly so. What does that mean? Anyone know?

Correction, same Haplo group, but different sub group. I can't make heads or tails of what this would mean exactly.

Looks to me like Ben is in a different haplo group from these two Davidsons, although the rest of the markers line up or nearly so. What does that mean? Anyone know?

Correction, same Haplo group, but different sub group. I can't make heads or tails of what this would mean exactly.
No, the Davidson's have the same Halo group as Benjaman, R1b1b2. Interestingly enough, I checked the Powell dna group tonight and guess who was listed, Robert Holden Davidson. It seems Davidson may have been a Powell, but until all the markers are tested, who knows. That marker 60 still has me wondering though.

No, the Davidson's have the same Halo group as Benjaman, R1b1b2. Interestingly enough, I checked the Powell dna group tonight and guess who was listed, Robert Holden Davidson. It seems Davidson may have been a Powell, but until all the markers are tested, who knows. That marker 60 still has me wondering though.

To tell ya the truth, I'm thinking this powell/davidson mixup happened back in Scotland, in which case it would be impossible to sleuth IMHO. Maybe a Powell boy lived next door to a MS X, and they spent time in the barn. Soon after MS X winds up getting quickly married to M Davidson, end of story. No way to know.

What matters is what POWELL OR DAVIDSON family living on this side of the pond is missing a son. That is the challenge.

To tell ya the truth, I'm thinking this powell/davidson mixup happened back in Scotland, in which case it would be impossible to sleuth

I don't know anything about Scotland other then my son has relatives there on his paternal side.

When would people have come to the US from Scotland?
My parents came here in the 50's from Hungary.
My "mother" soon found herself pregnant & being new here; new to speaking the language; gave her child up.

I don't know anything about Scotland other then my son has relatives there on his paternal side.

When would people have come to the US from Scotland?
My parents came here in the 50's from Hungary.
My "mother" soon found herself pregnant & being new here; new to speaking the language; gave her child up.

I only mentioned Scotland because the one Davidson name with the dna match goes back to Scotland, and the male line could have changed back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member