Lisa's Parents Want New Detectives

Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....

Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.

Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....

Yeah, we ALL want a do over! :innocent:

I fixed it!

And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............

Yea? How does it feel to want?

sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.

Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.

When I first read the title I thought it was a typo, but thought you were addressing the Alyssa Lumford (I probably messed that one up too) case from WV :floorlaugh:

IMHO this represents another act of putting themselves first over finding Baby Lisa. Now if they said the detectives weren't doing all they could to find baby Lisa, I would understand. However, my understanding of it is:

They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

What does that mean? As long as LE interviews them in a manner THEY deem acceptable?

It just reminds me that this isn't about baby Lisa, but the comfort of the parents.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/26/justice/missouri-missing-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

Methinks the lady doth protest too much........

IMHO this represents another act of putting themselves first over finding Baby Lisa. Now if they said the detectives weren't doing all they could to find baby Lisa, I would understand. However, my understanding of it is:

They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

What does that mean? As long as LE interviews them in a manner THEY deem acceptable?

It just reminds me that this isn't about baby Lisa, but the comfort of the parents.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/26/justice/missouri-missing-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

There's a thread about the separate interviews

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152616"]LE wants to interview the parents separately - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Uhhhh...people in "h e double hockey sticks" want ice water too. There are times when LE is interrogating someone and they hit a little too close to home. They have someone's number, so to speak. That becomes very uncomfortable...but only to the guilty. JMOO

I fixed it!

And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............

Yea? How does it feel to want?

sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.

Thanks for the edit! Sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers!

A few questions... is it reasonable to request new detectives in a criminal case? (Honestly I shake my head as I even type this!) and would they get new detectives?

The parents reaction is not any different than other moms, dads when their children are missing and it seems LE's only focus is on the parents or a family member or they're not getting any answers from LE.

We just have to look at so many other cases. Holly Bobo's mom wanted the President of the United States help find her daughter.

Deborah's kid is missing, but she wants to be treated with kid gloves :rolleyes:

They can request all they want. It is unusual though. But KC did say at one point that she would "talk" to Appy Wells more willingly than Yuri.

No, LE doesn't have to comply with any of the parents requests. They are working an open investigation. They are doing what they need to.

JMO

Sorry if this has already been posted... couldn't locate it. I just ran across this article that was posted a short time ago...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20540037,00.html

That is outrageous! The thought of it is laughable, if it wasn't about a missing baby! Reminds me of a little kid throwing a tantrum! :maddening:

Sorry, it doens't work that way people! Ugh

Thanks for the edit! Sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers!

A few questions... is it reasonable to request new detectives in a criminal case? (Honestly I shake my head as I even type this!) and would they get new detectives?

Yes. Amber Dubois mom (Carrie) took her case to the FBI because she was fed up with local LE.

The parents reaction is not any different than other moms, dads when their children are missing and it seems LE's only focus is on the parents or a family member or they're not getting any answers from LE.

We just have to look at so many other cases. Holly Bobo's mom wanted the President of the United States help find her daughter.

IIRC, the McCanns wanted to meet with the Pope when Madeleine went missing.

Just my opinion.

Mel

100% agree with you,i think even if LE met all their "needs" they still wouldn't answer questions.

Wow! Has there EVER been a point in this investigation where they've made their MISSING BABY a priority???

These people infuriate me. Are they mad that the police are focusing too close to home? Newsflash: new detectives would do the same thing! If they have nothing to hide then they should be cooperative!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back