Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the cross there? Looks like old concrete cross that has mildewed and turned black...... I think I need to drive to Reddell.

It is exactly as it appears... As you described. My guess a loved one placed it there. It was not there previously(prior to ms) it is in the middle of the woods.
Don't go alone. It's really spooky!!!! Even at 3:00pm on a beautiful day!!!

Yes. Can you tell me what he said? He needed a bullhorn - no one toward the rear could hear a word.

Obviously he must have said something to the effect that this was where Mickey began her bike ride.

You are correct, Something to the affect of "as most of you know, this is where Mickey began her journey home. We will bike the same path with strength just as she did and we will do it proudly."

It is exactly as it appears... As you described. My guess a loved one placed it there. It was not there previously(prior to ms) it is in the middle of the woods.
Don't go alone. It's really spooky!!!! Even at 3:00pm on a beautiful day!!!

Since you have been there just wondering if in your opinion he had to dig the grave by hand or if it was possible for him to have used some type of equipment? I still have a hard time believing that he could have dug it by hand by himself with his "life threatening" injuries.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleu...bsleuths-radio

Call in to speak with the host at-
760) 825-0933

upcoming
ON THIS EDITION OF TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO WE WELCOME MARC KLAAS OF THE KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION

Join us every Sunday at 8:00 PM Eastern/5:00 PM Pacific for Tricia's True Crime Radio Radio.

Based on the wildly popular true crime forum Websleuths.com (

Since you have been there just wondering if in your opinion he had to dig the grave by hand or if it was possible for him to have used some type of equipment? I still have a hard time believing that he could have dug it by hand by himself with his "life threatening" injuries.

Bsl said he placed Mickey there and was too injured to dig a grave so he piled brush on top of her and then went back later and buried her. I don't think they specified how long that was. It was also said he used hot pepper on the grave to deter dogs but this also doesn't say if it was when he first placed her there, on the final grave, or both.

Bsl said he placed Mickey there and was too injured to dig a grave so he piled brush on top of her and then went back later and buried her. I don't think they specified how long that was. It was also said he used hot pepper on the grave to deter dogs but this also doesn't say if it was when he first placed her there, on the final grave, or both.

Yikes, the way you put it makes it sound like he had a well thought out plan. From what I read on the internet, the hot pepper doesn't distract the dogs. Did an expert ever reply to Foxfires question about that? Hmmmm....maybe a good research question for the new SAR dog researchers at U. of Penn.

Looked at lots of photos of cane fields. I don't know how many midwesterners, etc, realize how dense these things are.11-14 ft high, lots of new and perennial, thick, palmy foilage with very thick and waxy, thus flammable, coating on the stalks; both foilage and waxy coating must be burned off before harvest. Also, apparently, this quick, hot, burning of the field kills and chases off the scads of poisonous snakes that like cane fields.
You need to know your way around these places. Even though I'm from corn country, stick me in an giant ripe cornfield at night and I'm going to freak out! Maybe BSL worked
on these farms? Knew someone who did?
BSL may want to cover his victims with brush. In an established cane field, he would only have to hollow out a space near the bottom where last years' foilage has made dense clumps

483049_10100303262581630_1772008099_n.jpg

Yikes, the way you put it makes it sound like he had a well thought out plan. From what I read on the internet, the hot pepper doesn't distract the dogs. Did an expert ever reply to Foxfires question about that? Hmmmm....maybe a good research question for the new SAR dog researchers at U. of Penn.

I have wondered if the pepper was found by forensics or if BSL gave that information. At first I felt that he was a fool to believe he thought he could get away with this but now after hearing more about things that he did he was quite above the norm with his thought process. Look how long it took to convict him for Lisa's murder and no telling how many more. I fear to believe that if it wasn't for the pictures of the DWT and Mickey's stand against him he may still be on the streets planning his next attack.

BSL types are every woman's worst nightmare! His physical appearance is not threatening, he looks like an avg. Joe, not the stereotypical boogie man. (Ted Bundy taught us to not let our guard down with these types.) Many of us could easily have been BSL's next victim; Mickey did nothing wrong - well, I guess had she stayed home, a prisoner in her own home, then possibly she would have been spared. Someone else would have no doubt been his next victim. Thankfully he has been removed from society.

I have wondered if the pepper was found by forensics or if BSL gave that information. At first I felt that he was a fool to believe he thought he could get away with this but now after hearing more about things that he did he was quite above the norm with his thought process. Look how long it took to convict him for Lisa's murder and no telling how many more. I fear to believe that if it wasn't for the pictures of the DWT and Mickey's stand against him he may still be on the streets planning his next attack.

Jkg005, I agree.. Good triumphs over evil...

Guess, the following video of SKs/Predators was produced before the 2005 FBI Symposium where the definition of serial killer was redefined from 3 victims to only 2 at different times, etc. When communicating with criminologists & behavioral & geographical profilers from the pre 1990 era. Seems, they want to hang on to the 3 victim definition. According to the FBI website, the definition was changed primarily to make it easier for local and state law enforcement agencies to receive federal investigative resources.

The Mind of a Serial KIller
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...pkey=3f9215ce-1e70-436f-b877-351a524f520b||||

Jkg005, guess the creativity was part of BSL's game. Many predators/sks are forensically aware and also aware that MOs and signatures, victim profiles, etc., are tracked by FBI VICAP. Imo, the same technology advancements that are enabling investigators to identify these predators, are also creating a new breed of predator; a catch 22..

Jkg005, I attempted to get an answer from several k9 handlers/SAR groups, of the cayenne pepper questions that you have raised. Seems this is a trade secret and info kept close to the vest. Guess, ya have to go to your local maximum security prison to get this info, huh? Prolly where BSL learned the cayenne pepper trick..

From 2006-K9 - working dog forum-

Cayenne Pepper:

http://www.workingdogforum.com/vBulletin/f14/cayenne-pepper-1401/

Hello there,
Would like to find the implication or adverse effect of cayenne pepper on our dogs who conduct searches/tracking
. Hope someone out there will be able to shed some light. Cheers. Hey Co*** and others viewing this thread

Probably best not to get to far into a discussion about ways to intentionally throw tracking dogs off-scent. Another moderator pointed this out; I agree 100% I recognize this is not intentional but we've a lot of LEOs here as well as mostly law-abiding citizens and this thread could go bad, quickly.

Co***, would suggest you PM Dav** Fr*** and And*** Mar**...they have lots of man-tracking experience between them...to get their input, for starters. But let's keep it off of public threads. from 08/2006..

Jkg005, guess the creativity was part of BSL's game. Many predators/sks are forensically aware and also aware that MOs and signatures, victim profiles, etc., are tracked by FBI VICAP. Imo, the same technology advancements that are enabling investigators to identify these predators, are also creating a new breed of predator; a catch 22..

Jkg005, I attempted to get an answer from several k9 handlers/SAR groups, of the cayenne pepper questions that you have raised. Seems this is a trade secret and info kept close to the vest. Guess, ya have to go to your local maximum security prison to get this info, huh? Prolly where BSL learned the cayenne pepper trick..

From 2006-K9 - working dog forum-

Cayenne Pepper:

http://www.workingdogforum.com/vBulletin/f14/cayenne-pepper-1401/

Hello there,
Would like to find the implication or adverse effect of cayenne pepper on our dogs who conduct searches/tracking
. Hope someone out there will be able to shed some light. Cheers. Hey Co*** and others viewing this thread

Probably best not to get to far into a discussion about ways to intentionally throw tracking dogs off-scent. Another moderator pointed this out; I agree 100% I recognize this is not intentional but we've a lot of LEOs here as well as mostly law-abiding citizens and this thread could go bad, quickly.

Co***, would suggest you PM Dav** Fr*** and And*** Mar**...they have lots of man-tracking experience between them...to get their input, for starters. But let's keep it off of public threads. from 08/2006..

Thanks for the info Foxfire! So so many questions. Who would have thought cayenne pepper?

That is because he has most likely done that before, and it worked.

I'm still waiting to hear more media attention concerning Ali Lowitzer.
It's very quiet.

I can only imagine how her family feels knowing that BSL was sly enough to cover Mickeys grave in red pepper to throw everyone off.

Can someone please post a link to where it has been stated about the pepper? Not certain this is factual evidence. - thanks

Can someone please post a link to where it has been stated about the pepper? Not certain this is factual evidence. - thanks

"Hey Guys,

Yesterday morning was real iffy regarding the weather. The picture someone posted of Mickey in her pancho, sure made me throw caution to the wind. My attutide was adjusted to "Let's go play in the rain."

Wow! Thinking back, it was great to touch those connected to the Summer of Mickey. Also, surprising was how we were interconnected in so many ways. The feeling of oneness was prevelant.

I was able to speak with Equuisearch members who I had spend time in the woods with and shared bottled water. When Bev got up to speak to the crowd, there was a roar of apprections for Tim Miller's group. The only moment that surpassed that volume, was Mayor Durel mentioning the possible new bike path being named Mickey Shunick Way.

I noticed four people in front of me with Ali Lowitzer shirts on. I recognized her Mom and thanked them for making the drive over, identifying myself as a WS member. They were happy that Mickey's case was resolved so quickly. I acknowledged their ongoing angst and told her we were praying for them. A tear flowed from her eye and I asked if I could give her a hug.

Chicken Fried had posted what he would be wearing, I didn't see it until later. But, I picked him out as he walked by my wife and I, not sure how that happened, but it did. We shared a couple of beers, thoughts, and a bike ride together.

I spoke with Chief Craft for a few minutes. He was very relaxed and easy to talk to. I asked what the story was on the bike grips. He said there was only one found, couldn't remember if it was on the bike or not, and no dna was on it. We moved to forensics and he said that BSL/ had put cayenne pepper on the grave to keep animals and dogs away. They did check out the area with dogs and did not turn up anything else. I told him they did a great job. Oh, and he did say that BSL had no remorse, only fear of the needle.

Mickey's uncle and WS member Towerguy was there with his family. CF, my wife and I spoke with them at length. They are great people, and were prolific WS readers and again expressed gratitude for what we have done on this forum.

Some have commented about the crowd size, hundreds not thousands. Time goes by and people move on, in addition to the rain. But, the intimacy of the crowd was palpable (I like using that word for some reason). I spoke to many of Mickey's friends and to Nancy Shunick, real intimate conversations that the celebration enabled.

Let's hang onto that piece of Mickey that lives in our hearts and never let it fade away!"

-IMPondering

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8405922

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8405922"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP[/ame]

No MSM link. Just one from this thread.

That is because he has most likely done that before, and it worked.

I'm still waiting to hear more media attention concerning Ali Lowitzer.
It's very quiet.

I can only imagine how her family feels knowing that BSL was sly enough to cover Mickeys grave in red pepper to throw everyone off.

Googled, cayenne pepper deters animals, interesting info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member