Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows where they are by now but I think that it's very possible that they are camping some where very secluded.
I just worry that the more time that goes on, the worse things could get for her. She's only 15:(
I hope that he just drops her off somewhere safe soon.

RSBM

I think that I'm wondering and maybe worrying about what this family member has said-- not ET.
We haven't heard that ET said this--- instead it was stated by a (sibling?) relative.

Could very well be true. So I'm not casting any suspicion on ET herself.
It's possible that a person close to the case like a relative could say things to benefit themselves and not the missing person.

Also that this family --or someone in the family-- had prior issues involving ET.
Also curious about the incidents involving her mother. Was she (the mother) allowing boyfriends to come to the house and hang around ?
Or what ?

Just seems that ET had no one to stand up for her. Completely helpless. :(
Sorry if my post reflected anything less than sympathy for this vulnerable young teen.

Sometimes I hate people who prey on the innocent !!!

Yes, we shouldn't hate anyone.
But it's more like a strong need to see the harshest penalty dealt, to those who harm the most innocent among us.
IMO

I totally understood what you where saying and didn't think that you were casting any blame on Et. I took it as your questioning the person who is making the claims not Et.

They are holding vigils nightly at least they have been. I disagree she is in imminent danger and the longer it goes the more dangerous it becomes. She's 15 of course she's going to push back at authority it was his job to NEVER start this to begin with.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
SABBM

Here's hoping you're right , and we are all of us blowing this out of proportion.

I'd be happy to be wrong in assuming this is a dangerous perp.
And that ET will be released if she wants out of this situation.

Something about this man raises the hairs on the back of my neck, though.
He has nothing to come back to.
No job, probably no wife, have to give an explanation to his kids and even grandkids, fgs !
His life is RUINED. He has NOTHING LEFT.
:moo:

I'd like to hear some of your guys opinions as to where these two may be. Without many tips it seems like a needle in a haystack.

Here are my thoughts...

I think it's obvious these two are off the grid. They are not in a hotel or any residential area. I think that they are either roughing it (camping) or they are sleeping in the car.

The phone ping in Decatur AL I think was huge. The fact that it was the first and only time it pinged definitely makes me think they ditched their phones (was this already a known fact or just speculation?) I think they ditched their phones immediately when it became public that there was a search for them. I think that gave them enough time to high tail it on the highway before the plate number was entered in to ping with license plate readers. Only 32 minutes southwest is William B Bankhead National Park. It's a 181,000 acre national park. I did a little virtual drive thru the main entrance that you go thru when entering this park and I was surprised to see how understated it was. I was expecting a gate in which you have to pass through where there are rangers posted, however, it was just a backroad that had a small welcome sign. Of course, I did not "virtually drive" the entire road on google so there could very well be those types of entrances, I just did not see any. Also, interestingly enough, there is a gas station right before you enter. Off a backroad, in the middle of nowhere, right before entering into a large national park. I did some research on the permits and passes that are needed for this park and you can purchase an annual pass online for only $80.

I think from the time of the phone ping they went off the grid immediately. I think a 181,00 acre national park seems like a perfect place to hide.

attachment.php
I think with the beach photo's being mentioned they could be in Florida.

I'm not sure what I can and can't post here. But there is a still image of robbery suspects in Polk County, TN on FB and they look very similar to ET and TC. I am looking for the link now!

RSBM

Wow. Yes, a link would be good. Was it the FB of the Polk County LE ? I think that qualifies as msm.

Maybe TC will do something dumb and initiate a robbing spree ? Thus capturing their faces on store cams. *fingers crossed*
( -- We need an emoji for that :) )

I'd like to hear some of your guys opinions as to where these two may be. Without many tips it seems like a needle in a haystack.

Here are my thoughts...

I think it's obvious these two are off the grid. They are not in a hotel or any residential area. I think that they are either roughing it (camping) or they are sleeping in the car.

The phone ping in Decatur AL I think was huge. The fact that it was the first and only time it pinged definitely makes me think they ditched their phones (was this already a known fact or just speculation?) I think they ditched their phones immediately when it became public that there was a search for them. I think that gave them enough time to high tail it on the highway before the plate number was entered in to ping with license plate readers. Only 32 minutes southwest is William B Bankhead National Park. It's a 181,000 acre national park. I did a little virtual drive thru the main entrance that you go thru when entering this park and I was surprised to see how understated it was. I was expecting a gate in which you have to pass through where there are rangers posted, however, it was just a backroad that had a small welcome sign. Of course, I did not "virtually drive" the entire road on google so there could very well be those types of entrances, I just did not see any. Also, interestingly enough, there is a gas station right before you enter. Off a backroad, in the middle of nowhere, right before entering into a large national park. I did some research on the permits and passes that are needed for this park and you can purchase an annual pass online for only $80.

I think from the time of the phone ping they went off the grid immediately. I think a 181,00 acre national park seems like a perfect place to hide.

BBM- I think this would probably be worth checking out, that's over 250 sq miles of wilderness. But I also thought it was free to go in a national forest unless you were doing certain types of recreational things. I'm 90% we don't buy an annual pass for national parks, but we only go to a couple and I've never been to the one in AL. I can't seem to find the pdf fee schedule for that particular park. I don't think they would enter anywhere with a manned entrance that required paying a fee of any sort. Too much risk involved. If he's done that much planning, he'd know where to drive to avoid cameras (so probably back roads rather than interstate/highways/towns) and where they could camp or hide out to avoid everyone. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they move on pretty quickly, if they haven't already.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a ton of planning if they wanted a bunch of resources sent in to comb the park when in reality, they never set foot inside it.

SABBM

Here's hoping you're right , and we are all of us blowing this out of proportion.

I'd be happy to be wrong in assuming this is a dangerous perp.
And that ET will be released if she wants out of this situation.

Something about this man raises the hairs on the back of my neck, though.
He has nothing to come back to.
No job, probably no wife, have to give an explanation to his kids and even grandkids, fgs !
His life is RUINED. He has NOTHING LEFT.
:moo:
Oh lol I need to edit that I meant I disagree. She is IN imminent danger sorry I'm with you he's got nothing left to lose and I'm extremely worried he's convinced her to do some twisted Romeo and Juliet pack. Why else take 2 guns not just 1? IMO

I'm not sure what I can and can't post here. But there is a still image of robbery suspects in Polk County, TN on FB and they look very similar to ET and TC. I am looking for the link now!
and the back of a vehicle?

ETA Says it is not the amber alert suspect or victim

An article I read earlier on wsmv the local news for the area in TN said something to the effect that they were trying to determine how much money he had besides the loan. IMO just the way it sounded to me seems like they think he might have more.

I'm thinking, if someone has to take a loan out, and the only collateral they have is their car (certificate of ownership), they probably have very little funds. Can't recall how the journalist phrased this type of loan. But that's what it was.

Perhaps, CT could not withdraw any funds from bank, as it would call attention to his plans.

I'm thinking, if someone has to take a loan out, and the only collateral they have is their car (certificate of ownership), they probably have very little funds. Can't recall how the journalist phrased this type of loan. But that's what it was.

Perhaps, CT could not withdraw any funds from bank, as it would call attention to his plans.
It was a title loan. They carry an astronomically high interest rate say he got 4500 his payment next month would be around 400 a month for the next 24 months you pay back quadruple the loan basically

I live in a small, rural bedroom community in extreme southwest Alabama. Although small (and alas, having no Walmart), it is right off I-10 and very convenient to I-65. It just keep thinking it would be an ideal place to "hide in plain sight." It's small-town/country, so people mind their own business but are happy to help if you need them. There must be numerous other close, equally geographically convenient quiet little towns where they could potentially "start over."

And yet... as I type this I can't ignore a couple of things that have lately stood out to me. I wonder if TC told Lizzie they were going to have a special day together away from prying eyes. Maybe she said she had to be home by 5 or 6 or else she'd be in trouble. I can imagine her being excited but also fighting a perhaps growing unease about how quickly things were getting so serious. Maybe he joked about running away but she wasn't ready to go that far so he reassured her that he was only dreaming...

I have a terrible dread that she was beginning to have second thoughts and was becoming frightened. If so, he no doubt saw the writing on the wall and decided to act immediately or else lose -- truly -- all.

I don't know... I'm so worried about this poor child. Today on my way home from work I saw a man and woman looking at some no-credit-check-buy-here-pay-here wooden modular storage buildings in an out-of-the-way lot in my little town (and there is usually no one ever at that lot). They had their car trunk open too -- odd.

I immediately did a U-turn right past the place, drove into the lot and parked near them, pretending to be reading the information posted on the building in front. I surreptitiously observed them but they paid me no mind and didn't match TC and Lizzie anyway.

So I made another u-turn back onto the road and headed home... wondering how crazy I appeared to anyone watching me, haha. But I am just obsessed with finding Lizzie safe. As a mom of four, I am just dying inside for this poor girl.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I see now. Lol! Yeah I didn't think they looked like them anyway.

Has anyone else read the comments section of this article...?

I found the comments by one going by a moniker starting with an "A" really interesting. The arguments sound like they're being made by someone who is very sympathetic to TC.

I Googled the Disqus screen name and found another comment made about this story on another site where the user responded to the possibility of a murder-suicide that, "Murder-suicides happen in unhappy marriages at home. Here he broke free." (It seems super specific.)

I know the thought is that they are off-grid, but maybe there's a possibility that either they or people they are close to are able to comment on the case.

Just a thought...IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in a small, rural bedroom community in extreme southwest Alabama. Although small (and alas, having no Walmart), it is right off I-10 and very convenient to I-65. It just keep thinking it would be an ideal place to "hide in plain sight." It's small-town/country, so people mind their own business but are happy to help if you need them. There must be numerous other close, equally geographically convenient quiet little towns where they could potentially "start over."

And yet... as I type this I can't ignore a couple of things that have lately stood out to me. I wonder if TC told Lizzie they were going to have a special day together away from prying eyes. Maybe she said she had to be home by 5 or 6 or else she'd be in trouble. I can imagine her being excited but also fighting a perhaps growing unease about how quickly things were getting so serious. Maybe he joked about running away but she wasn't ready to go that far so he reassured her that he was only dreaming...

I have a terrible dread that she was beginning to have second thoughts and was becoming frightened. If so, he no doubt saw the writing on the wall and decided to act immediately or else lose -- truly -- all.

I don't know... I'm so worried about this poor child. Today on my way home from work I saw a man and woman looking at some no-credit-check-buy-here-pay-here wooden modular storage buildings in an out-of-the-way lot in my little town (and there is usually no one ever at that lot). They had their car trunk open too -- odd.

I immediately did a U-turn right past the place, drove into the lot and parked near them, pretending to be reading the information posted on the building in front. I surreptitiously observed them but they paid me no mind and didn't match TC and Lizzie anyway.

So I made another u-turn back onto the road and headed home... wondering how crazy I appeared to anyone watching me, haha. But I am just obsessed with finding Lizzie safe. As a mom of four, I am just dying inside for this poor girl.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I'm driving to the dentist today and saw what appeared to be a big black bag on the side of the road with a body in it. I'm sure it wasn't but dang.

Has anyone else read the comments section of this article...?

I found the comments by one going by a moniker starting with an "A" really interesting. The arguments sound like they're being made by someone who is very sympathetic to TC.

I Googled the Disqus screen name and found another comment made about this story on another site where the user responded to the possibility of a murder-suicide that, "Murder-suicides happen in unhappy marriages at home. Here he broke free." (It seems super specific.)

I know the thought is that they are off-grid, but maybe there's a possibility that either they or people they are close to are able to comment on the case.

Just a thought...IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has some people on SM who are adamantly sticking up for him and saying ET should be getting blamed not sympathy like she's getting but these are former female students too. You might be onto something do you think it could be him commenting?

ETA That's the local paper for their town The Columbia Herald interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members