Cook County Inmates Now Have Pizza Delivery

Oh, but it's not like they're getting real Chicago pizza. Because that would have been too much.

The pizzas are made in the jail's own kitchens, and inmates can use their commissary cash to have them delivered, for between $5-7 each.

Oh, but it's not like they're getting real Chicago pizza. Because that would have been too much.

Lol. I personally would get their order wrong every time and have my most hated delivery driver to deliver it. Lol

I would always forget the cheezy bread.

Lol.

Don't kill the messenger. I only delivered the order.

Please don't hurt me.

128421746.jpg

If you come out to Chicago, I can have my friend Tony (who is a Chicago Police Officer) arrest us and then we could order some Lou Malnati's deep dish (DELICIOUS) pizza delivered to us in jail! Sounds like a party if you ask me!

There are no words so I made some up!

."..and hold the anchovies! My cell mate, Big Blubba Flubba, HATES anchovies"

So, it's basically the same food they were already getting from the jail kitchen, but now they can pay the county 5-7 dollars to have it delivered to their cells? I think that's a good idea, anything to increase revenue and rely less on tax dollars.

Years ago in college I had to take a tour of Cook County Jail with my Criminal Justice class: Strip-searched before we could even go in! While we were there the women started rioting, and they had to lock down part of the jail.<modsnipped>

Lol. I personally would get their order wrong every time and have my most hated delivery driver to deliver it. Lol

I'd introduce them to a new topping. Cat poop!! shhh tell them it's sausage

Lol.

Don't kill the messenger. I only delivered the order.

Please don't hurt me.

128421746.jpg
So, does the delivery-person slide the box through the bars side-ways? And, is the box stamped "Dept of Corrections" with a handcuffs logo? Lol

Years ago doing Clinical at an Institution pizza was often served. It was english muffin, melted cheese, pepperoni and topped off with ketchup.

This scene takes place in the Cook County Jail.

INMATE: Yes, I'd like to order a large pepperoni.

ORDER TAKER: Yes sir, will that be carryout or delivery? Umm, nevermind, um what's the address?

INMATE: Cell block D, between Skinny Joe and Ugly Joey.

ORDER TAKER: Oh yeah, we know where that is. OK, just confirming your order. That will be a large pepperoni, delivery to cell block D, between Skinny Joe and Ugly Joey. Your total is $6.47 counting tax. Would you like to add a tip?

INMATE: Yeah, snitches get stitches, there's a real tip for ya! Say, how long is your delivery time?

ORDER TAKER: 15 to 20. But eligible for parole after 10! (Hangs up quickly)

Honestly I think it's kind of cool that their kitchens are now making pizzas for them and delivering. I mean, you have your meal time twice a day and what if something happens during meal time? What if you can't eat for whatever reason? Then if you have a few extra commissary bucks you can eat your meal safely in your own cell.

This isn't Dominos, guys. This is coming from the jail's kitchen. The "Delivery" is someone walking it to your cell. I could imagine after being locked up having some semblance of normalcy must be a huge relief for some of these guys. Jail is rough. They get very little if any mental health treatment while in there, then they have a record that makes getting a job harder and more likely to reoffend IMO. Hell, let them have their pizza.

Yes, this is a jobs program that sounds like an excellent idea. Maybe it can work. Remember, Cook County Jail houses the largest county jail population in the US and the largest mental illness population in the US. They need to be innovative no matter how funny it seems to some.

County implies awaiting trial in most cases, so why not, innocent until proven guilty. And even if they are serving, who cares, as long as they pay.

Meh, this doesn't seem so outrageous to me. They have to eat, even the most heinous criminals still get fed. It's just pizza, probably not particularly good pizza and they have to use commissary money for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back