TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least there is some movement in Holly's case. I cannot believe how quiet her case has been. She deserves to be found; and I hope that justice will also be met.

I am really surprised the media doesn't fact check but maybe they have limited budgets. All this does is cause problems for the investigation and stress on the family.

That's the park behind her home. I thought she was taken away by car and her stuff found 8 miles North....:waitasec:

The only confirmed item found was the lunch bag I think off Goonch road (? i forget now). But LE and the family had said perhaps that was planted as a ruse.

http://www.wdef.com/news/story/DeKa...lps-in-Holly-Bobo/iFxvSStjDUWSQB0rdyQn7w.cspx

Just to get things back to "normal" for this case...this article says that they "did not find any evidence."

Many of the areas searched were impassable by anything other than a horse. The Unit conducted their search using spiral and grid technologies, and did not find any evidence. They did tag with the areas searched with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI.

What's very odd is the quotes ate the same but with words left out. " they did tag with the areas searched with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI" makes NO sense. Why were words left out to change the meaning?

Maybe it is just a really poorly -written sentence...meaning they marked the search areas on their GPS and turned the data over to TBI?

Maybe it is just a really poorly -written sentence...meaning they marked the search areas on their GPS and turned the data over to TBI?

That's not what it said in the quote I posted a bit ago. This quote leaves out a lot of words!

http://www.waff.com/story/17027461/d...ly-bobo-search

I copied and pasted this line earlier...

"The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to find several significant articles of evidence. They tagged each piece of evidence with their GPS system and turned it over to the TBI.

DeKalb County Sheriff Jimmy Harris said these articles will allow the TBI to move forward with their investigation."

At this point, I'd say "I'm officially baffled," but I've been officially baffled ever since the first or second day of this case, and it would therefore be largely rhetorical to admit it.

Safe money's still on "this will come to nothing," though. Sadly. Based on prior-but-temporary excitements in the case.

That's not what it said in the quote I posted a bit ago. This quote leaves out a lot of words!

I know, I was just trying to hazard a guess at what the sentence might be trying to say...who knows...

I think we are feeling some movement in Holly's case...starting with the arrest of the SO. (And I'm not saying the SO has anything to do with Holly's case) You can feel a bit of intensity building, even if all the info we are receiving isn't exactly verified. ANY movement in a case of this length is good...if nothing more than for publicity. Hopefully the perp is feeling some pressure....

My two cents :twocents: ~ the TBI knows they are running out of time if they are going to find any evidence before Spring comes. I mean, everything is blooming here in Tennessee right now because it has been warm, and things are greening up. The weeds will be several feet high and the snakes will be out by May, so they only have a short time left to do these searches.

Well something is afoot... this is the first fairly large scale official search I have heard about in some months; the DeKalb County Sheriff's Mounted Unit

http://www.waff.com/story/17027461/...s-mounted-unit-assists-with-holly-bobo-search

Not only that, they seem to have found something (but then we have heard that before...)

"The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to find several significant articles of evidence. They tagged each piece of evidence with their GPS system and turned it over to the TBI.

DeKalb County Sheriff Jimmy Harris said these articles will allow the TBI to move forward with their investigation."

Note that the Sheriff said the items WILL ALLOW the TBI to move forward with their investigation. He did not say could....

That is so interesting about tagging things with GPS. Campsites? Equipment dumped in the woods? Empty food or fuel cans? Sleeping bags?

There are just so many possibilities and reasons why they might just tag it and leave it where it is for the TBI.

Carla, I read your post and went back to the article I read at Fox 6.

I checked the wording it is exactly as you originally quoted,"
The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to find several significant articles of evidence. They tagged the areas searched with their GPS system and turned it over to the TBI."
Link

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/170274...s-with-holly-bobo-search?clienttype=printable

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17031447/sheriff-evidence-found-in-holly-bobo-disappearance

People who work at Dottie's Convenience store say there were at least 100 people searching and many of them were on horseback.

"We was asking if they were here searching and they said they couldn't disclose that information and stuff and they wouldn't really tell us much," said Kayla Hatley, a clerk at the store.

However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.

The only confirmed item found was the lunch bag I think off Goonch road (? i forget now). But LE and the family had said perhaps that was planted as a ruse.

planted? oh, i hadn't heard that. so le is working off the theory that HB was killed and left in the local woods and the lunch bag tossed 8 mi North as a diversion?

Carla, I read your post and went back to the article I read at Fox 6.

I checked the wording it is exactly as you originally quoted,"
The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to find several significant articles of evidence. They tagged the areas searched with their GPS system and turned it over to the TBI."
Link

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/170274...s-with-holly-bobo-search?clienttype=printable

I just don't get why the wdef article said the opposite, that NOTHING was found...why is everything such a muddle in this case???

Cluciano be sure to read the entire article linked at the end.
As Carla LaShelle pointed out in her post why would WDEF completely edit out any mention of the items from the weekend search sent on to the TBI.

Thanks to MagnoliaMom for the link. The following quote is from WMCTV.
People who work at Dottie's Convenience store say there were at least 100 people searching and many of them were on horseback.

"We was asking if they were here searching and they said they couldn't disclose that information
and stuff and they wouldn't really tell us much," said Kayla Hatley, a clerk at the store.

However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17031447/...-disappearance

I did read both, the two stations had opposite info as to whether or not anything was found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie