Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we agree you can see through the 'ankle' to his back, I think she's barefoot though. Here's the lightened pic from JM's book that CayleeAdvocate posted (sorry the pics are coming as attachments and not full-size in the post but you can save it and blow it up and study it).

you know what I find interesting about this picture, too? Where are the hacks to his skull? Where's the blood you'd expect to see in the back of his head? What was really going on in this picture based upon all the injuries we know he sustained?

ETA--I'm trying to see the photo another way to try to see what you are talking about with your new theory, but I can't imagine it. His arm up in the air makes it hard to see it other than how it's always been depicted. As for his right ear, it appears to be in line with that triangle of light between his bicep and his head.

Now, did you notice on the ceiling picture, Jodi's hair is in it? I never saw that in the darker pictures. It seems like the tips of one of her "pigtails" is sweeping across the top of the picture. Also, I doubt the ceiling suddenly gets black, so what is the black on the right side of the picture?

Attachments

• ceiling photo.JPG
    ceiling photo.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 110
Yes, we agree you can see through the 'ankle' to his back, I think she's barefoot though. Here's the lightened pic from JM's book that CayleeAdvocate posted (sorry the pics are coming as attachments and not full-size in the post but you can save it and blow it up and study it).

A WS posted a great enlarged picture of this foot/sock/shoe. It was highlighted and arrows were drawn to show that there are shoelace 'bumbs', meaning possible tennis shoes. The blow was awesome and showed a lot of detail. Hope the poster can repost this picture...please. It was posted about 3 weeks ago...I think...but not sure under which topic! I dont think I saved it, but I will look in the morning on the laptop....I need some zzzzz's, it is 3:30am and I keep having a nightmare everytime I go back to sleep...that JM, Detective Flores, a sheriff I know, came to my house thinking I knew 'IT'....after the trial was over they came! They wanted to know what I knew....I told them only what I read here.....geez...then they got hungry for salami in our fridge and just ate the salami only.... crazy dream....will look for the shoe picture now, I do not think I saved it.

Another route question after looking at GeeVee's map, why didn't she go more directly to Utah through Flagstaff? Is it that she wanted to get out of Arizona faster, or is it that she had to dispose of stuff at the Grand Canyon??

you know what I find interesting about this picture, too? Where are the hacks to his skull? Where's the blood you'd expect to see in the back of his head? What was really going on in this picture based upon all the injuries we know he sustained?

ETA--I'm trying to see the photo another way to try to see what you are talking about with your new theory, but I can't imagine it. His arm up in the air makes it hard to see it other than how it's always been depicted. As for his right ear, it appears to be in line with that triangle of light between his bicep and his head.

Now, did you notice on the ceiling picture, Jodi's hair is in it? I never saw that in the darker pictures. It seems like the tips of one of her "pigtails" is sweeping across the top of the picture. Also, I doubt the ceiling suddenly gets black, so what is the black on the right side of the picture?

If you rotate the pic to the left, it's easier to see what I described in my theory, I've played with this idea for quite a while but when I rotated so the grout line was straight it looked more possible, then just 90* to the left and even more so, esp. the open area where I couldn't figure out what that darkness was I was seeing, if you think ear with wet hair over the tip, yeah, it sure looks like that and explains what's between his arm and foot. I also was wondering (or sorta demanding lol) 'where are his scalp injuries if this is the back of his head', no red at all, no cuts, nothing, but if you enlarge that section and look closely you can see the blur of her foot over it, making me think it's all blur from foot and pant leg.

That ceiling pic is a good one, can finally make out her hair and underside of her jaw, plus whatever is on the right, her arm or sleeve probably because like you mention, his ceiling doesn't go dark. I really wonder why JM never pointed that out.

I have to try to enlarge it and look at it more Geevee. but right now, I believe i see the back "cowlick" thing at the crown of his head, which makes me believe it's the back of his head.

Well, on this rainy Easter, obsessed with cars. I was reading JA journal entry from August 1-3 2007. She said her Infiniti had roadside assistance until November or 60,000--whichever came first.

This car was under 60,000 miles, and had balled tires. She said TA pointed it out and she got new front tires. I'm assuming with the tax money she got. So when she was looking at tires in March, maybe she was getting back tires so the Infiniti would tow well on the way to Yreka.

I don't know where she bought that car, but it would seem strange that she'd "give it back to the bank" in AZ. I don't know anything about losing a car to nonpayment, but it just seems strange that you'd voluntarily clean it up and get it ready--and take it yourself to surrender it. And all at the time you just "happen" to be moving. It would seem to me, but anyone who has been through it can say more, that you let the bank come and get it.

Roadside assistance sounds like it came in a warranty and with the car under 60,000, I'm guessing it had to be new when she got it. How could a car with less than 60,000 miles on it be ghetto and crappy, I wonder. I'll admit, I was very bad at taking care of my new car. I had no idea what I was doing. It only lasted 109,000 miles, BUT 16 years. anyways, it was still in great condition at 60,000. She really must have put that car through some extreme crap.

If it was "ghetto," I wonder how Travis felt about driving it. I'm guessing she was making it up so she could drive his car and have a tie with him. Maybe she even did something to the Infiniti, as "proof" that it was ghetto. I do recall him "getting rides from his peeps," so maybe he didn't really want to drive her car unless he had to? Maybe he didn't want people seeing him in her car?

What's odd is that Travis would keep letting her drive it after she slashed the tires. But, then again, he didn't 100% accept that she'd done it until later.

Re: JA's pants in the foot photo

Aren't stripes usually on the side of pants? I have not yet seen a pair of pants with stripes on the back. I see two stripes. Thosee stripes go all the way up to the butt area or stop in the middle somewhere?

Gigi, I made you some asparagus :)
Roasted Asparagus.jpg

Re: JA's pants in the foot photo

Aren't stripes usually on the side of pants? I have not yet seen a pair of pants with stripes on the back. I see two stripes. Thosee stripes go all the way up to the butt area or stop in the middle somewhere?

Gigi, I made you some asparagus :)
View attachment 91152

Thanks, that looks lovely! I have some that I'm going to wrap with prosciutto. Don't need anything more than that--it's a full meal for me!

But really glad that it looks like you're roasting them rather than other cooking methods. Hat's off to you!

Only thing that bothers me about this "sock" thing is that there is a left shoe print in blood near the shower and a left shoe print on the shower base, just below the silver frame. I also am in the minority of believing that's her left foot in the foot photo, that the left foot is actually facing the left of the picture. When I look at it, I can see the back top of a heel rim of a shoe type of impression beneath the pants. I know no one else claims to see it or claims to see Travis' back going down into the area that supposed to be her "right socked foot." Well, except Geevees. I believe we once agreed up on it.

I'd like to see the clearer picture blown up, so I can review it again.

From being around shoes and socks alot, I think that image shows a shoe with a sock over it. To create a print, there could have been a mishap with the sock. Perhaps it got a hole as socks are inclined to do? JA was too cheap to buy good ones? she wore an old worn out pair and didn't think to worry the heel was ripping out? At any rate, this might explain why there's only a left print and no right. She only had a hole in the left sock, and the sole was exposed to leave a print.

Another route question after looking at GeeVee's map, why didn't she go more directly to Utah through Flagstaff? Is it that she wanted to get out of Arizona faster, or is it that she had to dispose of stuff at the Grand Canyon??

North from Flagstaff, you end up in the Grand Canyon.

She could have gone east of the Grand Canyon, but there would have been several difficulties. 1. she's an interstate kind of a gal. 2. she was trying to cover up for the fact that she wasn't supposed to be in AZ at all. If she went on an eastern route, she might have to explain not just why she was in AZ but what the heck she was doing in remote UT. 3. she wanted to use a cell phone within reach of NV towers. Another way would have meant hours before she could make a phone call. 4. she was familiar with the route she took.

I just want to point out that Hwy 89 runs pretty much due north out of Flagstaff to Page, about 130 miles and almost to the Utah border. It skirts just east of the Grand Canyon, up to the Glen Canyon Dam where the Colorado is dammed to make Lake Powell. The first sizable town in Utah is Big Water, another 20 miles or so on Hwy 89 northwest of Page. I've driven this exact route in the opposite direction, from Zion National Park to Sedona.

Not sure if this link will work or not:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fla...9e9e858d2!2m2!1d-111.6643335!2d37.0824856!3e0

She could have gone east of the Grand Canyon, but there would have been several difficulties. 1. she's an interstate kind of a gal. 2. she was trying to cover up for the fact that she wasn't supposed to be in AZ at all. If she went on an eastern route, she might have to explain not just why she was in AZ but what the heck she was doing in remote UT. 3. she wanted to use a cell phone within reach of NV towers. Another way would have meant hours before she could make a phone call. 4. she was familiar with the route she took.

* I agree (for whatever that's worth) with all of the above. Nancy Grace's route map had Arias driving north straight through to Utah, but that didn't make sense to me because of everything you just listed, RickShaw.

I think what was most important in her mind was she wanted to get back to the wide expanse of Interstate 15 (her cover-story route) as soon as possible, and Highway 60/93 out of Phoenix was the most direct route.

I doubt she gave much thought to getting rid of any evidence in The Big Ditch though; too may tourists to someday uncover something, and way too much off-the-beaten-path desert in Utah and/or Nevada to serve as a fire pit/trash dump/burial site. I kinda wonder if she was prepared to kill anyone who may have just happened to stop by to check on her as she was burning or burying any evidence out in the wide open desert? I wouldn't put it past her.

She really should have done a series of focus groups to see if her planning, preparations, route, timing, story, cover-story, excuses made the slightest bit of sense to them.

Does anyone remember OJ's legal pad? I think Jodi needs one, too. That would be a hoot! :D

51Zb0xYKdKL._SX387_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Well, on this rainy Easter, obsessed with cars. I was reading JA journal entry from August 1-3 2007. She said her Infiniti had roadside assistance until November or 60,000--whichever came first.

This car was under 60,000 miles, and had balled tires. She said TA pointed it out and she got new front tires. I'm assuming with the tax money she got. So when she was looking at tires in March, maybe she was getting back tires so the Infiniti would tow well on the way to Yreka.

I don't know where she bought that car, but it would seem strange that she'd "give it back to the bank" in AZ. I don't know anything about losing a car to nonpayment, but it just seems strange that you'd voluntarily clean it up and get it ready--and take it yourself to surrender it. And all at the time you just "happen" to be moving. It would seem to me, but anyone who has been through it can say more, that you let the bank come and get it.

Roadside assistance sounds like it came in a warranty and with the car under 60,000, I'm guessing it had to be new when she got it. How could a car with less than 60,000 miles on it be ghetto and crappy, I wonder. I'll admit, I was very bad at taking care of my new car. I had no idea what I was doing. It only lasted 109,000 miles, BUT 16 years. anyways, it was still in great condition at 60,000. She really must have put that car through some extreme crap.

If it was "ghetto," I wonder how Travis felt about driving it. I'm guessing she was making it up so she could drive his car and have a tie with him. Maybe she even did something to the Infiniti, as "proof" that it was ghetto. I do recall him "getting rides from his peeps," so maybe he didn't really want to drive her car unless he had to? Maybe he didn't want people seeing him in her car?

What's odd is that Travis would keep letting her drive it after she slashed the tires. But, then again, he didn't 100% accept that she'd done it until later.
BBM. Yeah, it's not like you're going to be getting a cleaning deposit back on it like an apartment you rented...

Hi I'mjazzed and Hope. Back to lurking since I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said.:seeya:

I've driven to Flagstaff from Phoenix and on northward to St. George's, Utah. It is a major highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong