GUILTY GA - Marcelle 'Marci' Elliott, 21, Carrollton, 23 July 2010

Answering my own question....

If the woman really is the one who killed her, I am thinking that this is a revenge/jealousy type situation from a relationship.

Marci moved on and her previous relationship couldn't handle that.

Or someone felt that Marci was a threat to their relationship.

I'm thinking like these cases of high school girls that kill their rival. That is what this is starting to sound like to me.

Or perhaps it was one of those "just wanted to know what it was like to kill someone" situations. I just thought that was a bit less likely since we are talking about 30 year olds, not 13 year olds. Not to mention she wouldn't be the person to target given her self defense training, if there was no specific motive to kill her.

I haven't seen Marci's facebook linked anywhere. Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=554661805&ref=sgm

BBM. This is what I would guess would be the motive. But the two suspects are quite a bit older than Marci, so I'm not sure they'd be dating the same men.

BBM. This is what I would guess would be the motive. But the two suspects are quite a bit older than Marci, so I'm not sure they'd be dating the same men.

I actually wondered if Marci might have been dating one of the suspects themselves in the past. Once we know the cause of death... we will know how personal it was. If it was more "intimate" then it will be more indicative of an ex (rather than a jealous girlfriend/boyfriend of an ex.)

I hope that made sense...I'm walking on eggshells here. Sorry.

They said on Jane that the male suspect did NOT know Marci.

That the female suspect did know her.

That they think she was killed at the female suspect's apartment.

Report says that Marci and Farah had had a "falling out" and that once Marci had gone missing, Farah was in "close contact" with the family, "helping" to find her. I swear, I wonder how many abducted childrens cases could be solved if they investigated everyone that wanted to "Help". I know that's not possible of course, but I bet the kidnappers of many missing persons helped in the search.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=148167&catid=8

If Marci's friends didn't know these people, it is less likely to be a ex romantic situation. I would think they would have known about those.

It is possible this is just one of those situations that doesn't make any sense and doesn't have any real motive...or just a killing just to kill situation. I would guess there is some mention of why in the confession that was given.

There is no assault or robbery charges. Joshua is charged with Kidnapping, obstruction and they are both charged with murder.

"Murder Suspect Had Issues"

http://www.11alive.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=320544319001

In this video the friends say that they are already planning a celebration for Marci on the first day of the fall semester. That Marci always wanted them to celebrate her life not mourn her passing. That they thought it would end up being random, they did not think anyone who knew Marci could hurt her.

That they did not know the suspects, only knew OF Farrah and that Marci hung out with her sometimes. Farrah's neighbor talked about her claims of being in and out of mental institutions and even escaping from one. As well as "studying demons". That they lured her there with the intention to kill her... but the motive is what everyone would like to know.

I was hoping she would be found safe.

Prayers for her Dad and Mom. They were so active in searching for her right away.

:(

Magistrate Judge Al Johnson revealed in court Friday that Marcelle "Marci" Elliott, 21, had been strangled to death.

Farrah Strength, 29, along with Joshua Clay, 31, are accused of luring Elliott to her death last week.

Both were denied bond Friday.

Police said they think Strength and Clay killed her inside Strength's mother's Lovvorn Road home, and then dumped her body in some woods south of town.

SLIDESHOW: Murder Suspects Appear In Court

Documents indicating that Strength was involved in another murder investigation seven years ago have been discovered.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Richard Elliot uncovered Carroll County Sheriff's Office documents showing Strength's mother, Christine, was charged with murder in the death of her husband, Jerry, in 2003. Detectives said Christine Strength, armed with a pistol in both hands, gunned down her husband, Farrah's father, outside their Carroll County mobile home.

Investigators told Elliot that Farrah Strength was not home at the time of the shooting, but did provide them with statements saying she and her mother had been the victim of years of domestic abuse at the hands of Jerry Strength. She also claimed her father raped her.
Deputies charged Christine Strength with murder, and the District Attorney's office presented the case to the grand jury, but the grand jury "no billed" it -- meaning that the grand jury believed there was insufficient evidence to indict. http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/west-georgia-students-accused-580032.html

Another senseless tragedy and a life gone too soon. And to think Marci trusted the person who lured her to her death. :furious:

RIP, Marci :rose:

"According to Strength`s neighbor E.J. Critten, Strength told him and a friend of his, `I have killed before and I don`t have a problem with killing again,` just a few weeks ago. Also according to Critten, Strength was acting strange last Sunday when he said hello to her.

Critten described how he said hello to Strength while she was at her mailbox; she jumped as if being shot; she looked through him as if he was not there; and she then hurried back into her house without saying a word."

http://www.carrolltongeorgia.com/ho...Has Farrah Strength Killed Before? (7/30/2010)

This girl Strength sounds seriously disturbed. What senseless violence. RIP Marcy. :rose:

From January 2012:

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/man-pleads-guilty-coeds-death/nHHjq/#__federated=1

Joshua Keegan Clay, 32, of Carrollton, was implicated in the strangulation of Marcelle Elliott by statements made by his girlfriend. But police could not link him to the actual killing. However, police did find evidence that he was present following the death of the 21-year-old and helped Farrah Strength conceal the murder. Strength was convicted in Elliott's killing and is serving a life sentence.

Marcy Elliott was murdered in July of 2010, after being lured to Strength's home on the premise that Strength was going to loan her a book. No motive in the murder has ever been ascertained.

In the Carroll County Superior Court, Joshua Clay pleaded guilty to charges of tampering with evidence and concealing a death. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison, with seven to serve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back