Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this happening when I was a teenager, for years I carried a picture of Etan in my Bible hoping he would be found. The anguish of the parents at that time was very real.

Quoting from #13 above:
“There’s a list — pages, and pages — of these types of leads,” said Cohen, who spoke to the family yesterday.
What chance do you think exists that they'll do another large-scale search based another lead, and do it this year?

I"ll say 10%.

Rest in Peace, Etan Patz (Huffington Post)
Rest in peace, Etan Patz.

It appears the 1979 disappearance of the 6-year-old Soho boy is going to remain unsolved. New York City police say there was no evidence of a body in the basement they dug up this week. Perhaps, miraculously, they will find some minor bits of hair, or another clue.

Failing that, they have turned a legendary New York tragedy into something akin to the North Korean missile launch. Embarrassing for the cops, but much, much worse for the other people involved against their will. The boy's parents had to live through another round of media-mad but apparently fruitless searches.
---
I've been a reporter all my adult life, and I'm generally the last one to complain about police spreading tips. But this seemed outrageous. In a week's worth of news stories and tabloid headlines, Miller was hung out to dry. For a 32-year-old murder. About which, it appeared, there was no new evidence.

Maybe something will turn up, but as things stand now, law enforcement is looking a lot worse than Othniel Miller. You never want to fault the cops or the FBI for sticking with a case, no matter how cold. But if you pick up a new suspect 30 years after the fact, and then leak enough information to convict him in the court of public opinion, you had better have something to back up your case.
much more at link above

Does anyone think that Etan might still be alive? Or that he was kept alive significantly longer than the day he disappeared? I'm wondering.

I really find this alleged rape to be somewhat unbelievable. If the ex-wife knew about it and that's why she left him, why no report to the police? Why no report from the niece ever? I'm really doubtful charges would be pressed, because unless there's some sort of smoking gun, it's a he said, she said at this point.

Etan Patz Case Renews Interest In Brooklyn Boy's 2010 Disappearance

Police are hoping renewed interest in the Etan Patz disappearance will shed new light on a more recent case.

Seven-year-old Patrick Alford went missing from his foster home in Brooklyn's Starrett City in January 2010.

[snip]

"There's been an intensive effort from that evening on to find him, and that has not yielded results in terms of locating him," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne. "So frankly we are exploiting the opportunity in this case to ask the media to pay some attention to a more recent one."

More: http://brooklyn.ny1.com/content/top...interest-in-brooklyn-boy-s-2010-disappearance

Not meaning to hijack the thread here, but check out Patrick's case here on Websleuths if you can! - NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7-year-old "runaway", Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Very Interesting additional info.in the comments section following article.
http://newyorkdailyphoto.com/nydppress/?p=7899

So she left her kid and new puppy with some guy that she just met alone together at the park. The guy steals the puppy and sells. The guy turns out to be a child molesterer who breaks into the building and got caught then got beat up a year after the puppy and Etan go missing - which was the same day. And the young guy is not Ramos ? How many child molesterers were on Prince Street ?

And the lampshop connection - I will have to re-read the lady talks / writes fast. Typical New Yorker. Good find.

That comment woman's recall seems a bit complete for events 30+ years ago - rendering her account a bit suspect, I think.

But, hey, maybe.

That comment woman's recall seems a bit complete for events 30+ years ago - rendering her account a bit suspect, I think.

But, hey, maybe.

Yeah, I just found a few posts of hers on some other blogs.
I think she is a fiction writer. - Or from Mars.

I was gonna post on the blog - ask her a question {the name of the dude}. After reading her other postings elsewhere - then seeing your post here - I will pass. Man - I feel gullible.

John Walsh was on The Dr. Drew Show this evening. John Walsh said when he first went on a media program to talk about Adam - the Patzes were there with a photo of Etan - asking him to show Etan's photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member