FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
packaged cell phone to mail. got to leave, have a nice day,

There was never a mention she had 'packaged' the cell phone. I don't believe she had an envelope or a box yet. She would have acquired that after she made it to a place to send it out (which she never made it to a place to ship it off or it would have been received or stamped).

Her condo looked pretty tidy to me and I didn't see on her desk any loose shipping materials (peanuts or bubblewrap), tape, envelopes, boxes, or airbills. LE or her parents would have mentioned them and stated she had already wrapped it up. This would have been a point for them to go on and it wasn't.

She would have just put it in her purse until she got there.

Not only that, but, if JK was in the habit of sending such items, she wouldn't have been calling around to places trying to find out where they are located and their hours. She would have already known the answer.

I think sending off the cellphone, was not something JK did on a regular basis, and I would be surprised if she had a fedex or ups package at her home for such an occasion. Of course, I am only speculating.

Regardless, my gut tells me that JK never left Mosaic on her own accord, and the cellphone sending is probably not a part of this crime. Of course, it is just my own opinion.

left

What 24yo keeps fedex envelopes handy? Not one I am familiar with! I believe our assumptions on this one are correct.

Correct. And if she did, she would know the "in's and outs" of sending packages, as well as locations, hours, etc.

supposedly, Jk was calling around, trying to coordinate sending that phone. That sounds like something that was not part of her normal routine, or even something she did once in a while.

left

I have a possible explanation of why the scent of the suspect, which was tracked by the bloodhound to the Mosaic Condominiums, abruptly ended at the stairwell of Jennifer's building. An easy explanation is if the suspect walked past, along side, of the vehicle towards the stairwell of Jennifer's condo building and then doubled back his steps to the vehicle. (This vehicle would be Jennifer's car according to my own theory outlined below.)

This is why I like my theory that the suspect parked his own vehicle on the Americana Blvd. side of Huntington On The Green Condominiums, which is out of sight of the security cameras, and walked the distance to the Mosaic bright and early that morning in order to avoid the guard in the guard house at the Mosaic. The suspect jumped over the Mosaic fence, once again to avoid the guard in the guard house, he walked over to Jennifer's car and tried the door handle to see if the door to her car was unlocked, but it was locked. The suspect then walked to the stairwell of Jennifer's building and waited for Jennifer to exit her condo. He approached Jennifer on the way to her car. The suspect had Jennifer be the driver of her own car as he sat behind her in the back seat with weapon pointed.

Later on, at noon time, the suspect parked Jennifer's car at Huntington On The Green and walked the perimeter of the pool over to where his own vehicle was parked, just out of sight of the security cameras. This provided an unbroken scent for the bloodhound. By the way, since it took two days for Jennifer's car to be found and the scent of the suspect was strong enough to be tracked, then a four hour difference in timing of the scent wouldn't matter at all to the bloodhound.

Just my own theory which seems to work.

I must agree it could have worked that way, but they didn't find the car for at least 44 hours plus after she went missing and he was out of the vehicle making his trek. Did this time span allow the trail to wane somewhat? I wish the dog trainer person were on this thread to answer such questions. Someone mentioned we have one here on WS!

Scary thought:

How many people are in the camp that the POI is carrying an envelope in his right hand? I am.

Before BB (and RD) did all that great work blowing up the pictures, and darkening them, I really thought BB was seeing things.

Well, I must say, BB made a believer out of me.

If you look at the second picture of the POI at the gate, you can even see the "envelope" in his right hand. I'll be honest, I studied that picture for over one year, and I never did see it.

However, after BB's excellent work, darkening the picture, it is quite obvious on my computer, that there is an "envelope" in the pOI's right hand.

Now, even without seeing the "darkened picture", I can see the difference in the color, and the outline of the "envelope".

I've sat here, staring at the picture, wondering why someone would be carrying an envelope in such a circumstance, when I believe I have figured it out.

In the POI's right hand, in my opinion, just may be an "IPOD".

I've never owned an IPOD, and never knew how big or small they are.

I googled IPOD, and it shows a picture of an IPOD, and it sure does look similar to what is in the right hand of the POI. Scary.

Does anybody know if JK's IPOD is white?

left

I have a possible explanation of why the scent of the suspect, which was tracked by the bloodhound to the Mosaic Condominiums, abruptly ended at the stairwell of Jennifer's building. An easy explanation is if the suspect walked past, along side, of the vehicle to the stairwell of Jennifer's condo building and then doubled back his steps to the vehicle. (This vehicle would be Jennifer's car according to my own theory outlined below.)

This is why I like my theory that the suspect parked his own vehicle on the Americana Blvd. side of Huntington On The Green Condominiums, which is out of sight of the security cameras, and walked the distance to the Mosaic bright and early that morning in order to avoid the guard in the guard house at the Mosaic. The suspect jumped over the Mosaic fence, once again to avoid the guard in the guard house, and waited at the stairwell for Jennifer to exit her condo. He approached Jennifer on the way to her car. The suspect had Jennifer be the driver of her own car as he sat behind her in the back seat with weapon pointed.

Later on, at noon time, the suspect parked Jennifer's car at Huntington On The Green and walked the perimeter of the pool over to where his own vehicle was parked, just out of sight of the security cameras. This provided an unbroken scent for the bloodhound. By the way, since it took two days for Jennifer's car to be found and the scent of the suspect was strong enough to be tracked, then a four hour difference in timing of scents wouldn't matter at all to the bloodhound.

Just my own theory which seems to work.

Yes! This scenario really makes sense to me too. When I looked at the aerial photos earlier this week I wondered if the POI was headed for his own car as he walked past the HOTG pool surv. camera.

Didn't an aerial photo linked earlier in this thread show a row of parked cars in that area? If I remember, they were mostly white? LE? During the investigation? Otherwise, who would usually be assigned to park in that section? I'm going to take another look at the pic --- it would be interesting if it was a "staff parking area" or something.

Wonder if he'd been watching Jennifer enough to be aware that her car was now back (after her trip) in its spot.

POI seems young, athletic, and familiar and comfortable with her condo and other local dwellings... same guesses as always... worker, staff, looking clean-cut? or "official" with that cap? or like any workman, fitting right in. Does anyone else feel that the stiff way he seemed to hold in his arms in the pool surv. pic could be an identifying feature? Or is it just the way the camera caught him mid-stride?

...Does anybody know if JK's IPOD is white?
Interesting thought. Of course, I couldn't see the object from BB's photo. If you have it, could you post a link again? Perhaps, my eyesight will be better the second go 'round. ;)

It would make sense for the perp to steal her IPOD as there is no way to distinguish one from the other. My only thought is that IPOD's are small. Why wouldn't he just put it in a pocket instead of carrying it?

Of course, he could have been carrying it and listening to it, trying to appear casual as he was walking down the street. Who knows how a murderer thinks??

don't have an IPOD, but I believe they vary in size depending on the model.

I googled IPOD, and it lists one of the IPOD's as 4.7 X 6.8 X 6. Much larger than fits in a pocket.

I don't know much about IPOD's, but do know there are various models. Some hold just music, other's pictures.

I wonder how big JK's IPOD is, what color, etc.

It sure does fit the size.

I'll try and find BB's darkened Photo

If you go to this link, just study the right hand, it is clenched, as if, something is in it, trust me. http://jenniferkesse.com/person/surv3.bmp

darkened photo http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=kessedarkened.jpg

left

Interesting thought. Of course, I couldn't see the object from BB's photo. If you have it, could you post a link again? Perhaps, my eyesight will be better the second go 'round. ;)

It would make sense for the perp to steal her IPOD as there is no way to distinguish one from the other. My only thought is that IPOD's are small. Why wouldn't he just put it in a pocket instead of carrying it?

Of course, he could have been carrying it and listening to it, trying to appear casual as he was walking down the street. Who knows how a murderer thinks??

Also, if you look at those pants, I don't think the pOI has pockets in those pants. To me, they seem like sweat pants, or work out pants.

Or, as you said, it could simply be to listen to as he walked back to Mosaic.

left

Yes! This scenario really makes sense to me too. When I looked at the aerial photos earlier this week I wondered if the POI was headed for his own car as he walked past the HOTG pool surv. camera.

Didn't an aerial photo linked earlier in this thread show a row of parked cars in that area? If I remember, they were mostly white? LE? During the investigation? Otherwise, who would usually be assigned to park in that section? I'm going to take another look at the pic --- it would be interesting if it was a "staff parking area" or something.

Wonder if he'd been watching Jennifer enough to be aware that her car was now back (after her trip) in its spot.

POI seems young, athletic, and familiar and comfortable with her condo and other local dwellings... same guesses as always... worker, staff, looking clean-cut? or "official" with that cap? or like any workman, fitting right in. Does anyone else feel that the stiff way he seemed to hold in his arms in the pool surv. pic could be an identifying feature? Or is it just the way the camera caught him mid-stride?

For my theory to work, the suspect would have had to have known Jennifer Kesse's address and also he would have to be familiar with her car or else the parking spaces at the Mosaic were marked with the condo numbers. It is likely that the suspect was at least somewhat familiar with the area.

I agree that the suspect is in shape and fit. He was walking at a fast pace, according to those large strides shown on the photos from the surveillance cameras.

People can make educated guesses regarding the suspect according to the way he was dressed, however, there is every possibility that the suspect was simply wearing casual clothing or else work out clothing out of his wardrobe.

The suspect's stiff looking right arm swinging back in the second photo by the pool gate reminds me so much of my husband's arm. When he was a little boy my husband broke his arm at the elbow, the doctor didn't set the arm correctly and so as a result my husband's arm has that stiff, slightly abnormal look to it.

By the way, that white car parked in the background of the surveillance photos was still parked there for many weeks after Jennifer was abducted. It must be a resident's car parked at Huntington On The Green.

Left, I think when Good Aim was talking about "more to the scent trail than we know" meant...maybe LE isn't telling us where the dog actually stopped.
This actually is an excellent point! In the "Crimes in the News" forum, there is a case where a Lancaster County family was murdered. The police revealed that the dogs tracked the suspect(s) to a certain road. Then, they later revealed the actual store to which the suspect(s) were tracked. On that line of thinking, could the suspect in Jennifer's case actually have been tracked to her condo? I really wish that LE in this case would release more details.

He could be a bike riding chef on a ship with ties to the spca and the cia for all we know!
You may be closer than you realize with this guess! It makes perfect sense to me!!:D

This isn't a contest of who is right, but of getting information gathered to truly help the investigation move forward and find Jennifer.
Hopefully, everyone realizes this. Debating issues and ideas and stating our own is a good thing, IMO.

Also, if you look at those pants, I don't think the pOI has pockets in those pants. To me, they seem like sweat pants, or work out pants.

Or, as you said, it could simply be to listen to as he walked back to Mosaic.

left

And, holding an IPOD, could account for his stiff arm. IMO, you would hold your arm in a different manner when carrying something like an IPOD. I know that I do.

Nan

One poster on this board who is very reliable said there is a rumor that the POI was tracked to JK's parking spot.

Yes, I think it is good that everybody has their own theories.

However, i think we should all keep an open mind. not everyone can be right or wrong.

Whenever a majority agrees on something, we need to consider that good and hard, because getting a board to agree on anything is just about impossible.

left

don't have an IPOD, but I believe they vary in size depending on the model.

I googled IPOD, and it lists one of the IPOD's as 4.7 X 6.8 X 6. Much larger than fits in a pocket.

I don't know much about IPOD's, but do know there are various models. Some hold just music, other's pictures.

I wonder how big JK's IPOD is, what color, etc.

It sure does fit the size.

I'll try and find BB's darkened Photo

If you go to this link, just study the right hand, it is clenched, as if, something is in it, trust me. http://jenniferkesse.com/person/surv3.bmp

darkened photo http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=kessedarkened.jpg

left

I agree that his hand is clenched. Remember, when I said that was another reason that I thought that it was a military person because of the way that he was holding his hand (closed fingers). If I recall, that is the way that my husband was taught to hold his hands. At least, I know that he was taught to hold his hand closed by his pockets when standing.

After looking at the photo, I don't think that he was actually listening to an IPOD as you would see the headphone cord; and I don't see anything like that in the photo.

The pants still look like a military style cotton pant to me. Also, the gathering is not at the ankle but right above it. It looks like there is a strap or something intentionally put on the pant leg. A person riding a bike would do this to keep the pants out of the way, IMO.

This is for new people reading this thread and who may have never read this, or a similar article, before regarding the track the bloodhound followed.

Link:
St. Petersburg Times
January 27, 2006
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/27/State/Car_of_missing_Orland.shtml

Excerpt from above article:
..." The trail bypassed the complex's only entrance and led to a stretch of fence separating the public sidewalk from its private grounds. Once the 6 year old bloodhound entered the grounds, the dog picked up the scent inside the fence and went directly to a staircase leading to Kesse's second-floor condominium." ...

This is for new people reading this thread and who may have never read this, or a similar article, before regarding the track the bloodhound followed....
Thank you, Cat. I hadn't read this article. It says that the POI walked or ran back to her condo. So, I am really confused. Who would have the nerve to actually return that close to the scene of the crime. Anyone could have been there looking for Jennifer. Plus, did the trail just end there??? Where did this person go?? I'm assuming that the dog was hitting on the perp's scent as it went to the fence.

Thank you, Cat. I hadn't read this article. It says that the POI walked or ran back to her condo. So, I am really confused. Who would have the nerve to actually return that close to the scene of the crime. Anyone could have been there looking for Jennifer. Plus, did the trail just end there??? Where did this person go?? I'm assuming that the dog was hitting on the perp's scent as it went to the fence.

Hi,
Scroll up and read my message above #206 for my own personal theory of what I think happened regarding the scent tracked by the bloodhound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker