OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What possible reason would he have to take off and stay away and hurt his family and girlfriend over? Doesn't his friend, Clint, have a conscious? He knows what the family went through, what his father and brother went through THREE weeks after they lost their wife and mother. What possible reason could Clint have for keeping Brians secret, if he is alive? I understand about being a good friend, but that would be ridiculous that Clint could still, after all this time, keep his friends secret, knowing that Brians brother is alone in the world now. That would be cruel. If Brian IS hiding, why? Criminal activity? Was Brian an informant? His life in danger? If Brian just needed to get away because he could not handle the pressures, or wanted to get away from his girlfriend, you would think that somehow he would have still contacted his family, especially his brother when his father died! JMO

It is my opinion that his friend Clint is either directly involved or he was involved in something else that he's afraid of losing his "Medical License" for admitting. May be "Drug Use" was the underlying cause of the disappearance and he is afraid of either being charged with his death, or losing his medical license for using drugs.

Just an opinion I've had for a while....why else would he choose not to talk to police...

What possible reason would he have to take off and stay away and hurt his family and girlfriend over? Doesn't his friend, Clint, have a conscious? He knows what the family went through, what his father and brother went through THREE weeks after they lost their wife and mother. What possible reason could Clint have for keeping Brians secret, if he is alive? I understand about being a good friend, but that would be ridiculous that Clint could still, after all this time, keep his friends secret, knowing that Brians brother is alone in the world now. That would be cruel. If Brian IS hiding, why? Criminal activity? Was Brian an informant? His life in danger? If Brian just needed to get away because he could not handle the pressures, or wanted to get away from his girlfriend, you would think that somehow he would have still contacted his family, especially his brother when his father died! JMO

I was just presenting a "what if" situation based on the article in The Lantern. Evidently Brian's brother is questioning this too. I also said in my previous post that I wondered how Clint or anyone could stand by and watch all that has gone on including the searches, death of Randy, etc. and said I just can't believe he could sit back and watch all that go on and not say anything. Brian's brother Derrick is no doubt questioning this because of Clint's refusal to take a polygraph or answer any questions. Why would he do this? People say it's no big deal, anyone is free to refuse to take a lie detector test. True, but if it's your best friend who is missing you would think the person would be helping to move heaven and earth trying to find him. So no, I don't in my heart believe Brian is alive but I just presented a theory asking what if he was, based on Clint's refusal to talk or get involved in the disappearance of his supposed best friend.

No problemo, I was not attacking you, I was "attacking" this Clint fellow for being such a creep that he cannot/will not come clean and tell the police and Brians brother what he knows. My point was that there should be NO reason on earth that Clint would/should continue to protect Brian IF he were alive, and if he is, he is a world class creep, unless Brian or his family were in some kind of danger. Otherwise, his behavior is very suspicious, so I was agreeing with you, and stating what a jerk Clint is for not taking a lie detector and/or stating what he knows. JMO
I was just presenting a "what if" situation based on the article in The Lantern. Evidently Brian's brother is questioning this too. I also said in my previous post that I wondered how Clint or anyone could stand by and watch all that has gone on including the searches, death of Randy, etc. and said I just can't believe he could sit back and watch all that go on and not say anything. Brian's brother Derrick is no doubt questioning this because of Clint's refusal to take a polygraph or answer any questions. Why would he do this? People say it's no big deal, anyone is free to refuse to take a lie detector test. True, but if it's your best friend who is missing you would think the person would be helping to move heaven and earth trying to find him. So no, I don't in my heart believe Brian is alive but I just presented a theory asking what if he was, based on Clint's refusal to talk or get involved in the disappearance of his supposed best friend.

ARIELILANE....

Why do you persist in posting your "In my Opinion" smiley faces, and balloons...etc.

I thought this was a discusson forum for Brian Shaffer....Not Facebook,
No offence intended, but I would like to see the Forum used for Useful Discussion rather then meaningless irrelivant happy face/balloon posting.

Just My Opinion!

Yea...but come one...there are pages filled with no decussion on the case...thats what this is for isn't it???

Can't we discuss the case more here???
My answer for you is that Brian will not be forgotten here. I will try my hardest to keep his thread on the first page of this forum, and if that means I post a picture (basically bumping the thread); so be it. You my dear friend, monkeymann, are free to post and initiate a discussion at anytime, and I may possibly join in. By keeping his thread on the first page is one way to keep me from posting pictures. So you may begin discussion of this case at anytime; I welcome it. In addition, it is not necessary to scream (using caps) my hat name. Thank you

Thanks for posting the article from the Lantern. Clint Florence's behavior is inexplicable, unless he knows something he doesn't want to reveal. I am not ordinarily a fan of the "if I was in that position" type of analysis, but:

If my best friend disappeared, I would hook myself up to polygraph and beg LE to ask me questions, just to move the case forward. There is nothing in the world I wouldn't do to find her, period. And I am always suspicious of "friends" and "witnesses" in these missing person cases who relocate themselves while the other friends and family members are putting up posters and doing all they can to find their loved one.

The Psychic Kids episode where the kids talk to Randy and go the the Ugly Toona was re-run the other day. I had not noticed, in the original broadcast, that a disclaimer was made, before the visit to tell Randy the results, that there were things that couldn't be discussed on the episode because the case is still open. It would be nice to know what was said that couldn't be put on the show. One thing that was said on the show was that "a woman knows more than she is telling."

My answer for you is that Brian will not be forgotten here. I will try my hardest to keep his thread on the first page of this forum, and if that means I post a picture (basically bumping the thread); so be it. You my dear friend, monkeymann, are free to post and initiate a discussion at anytime, and I may possibly join in. By keeping his thread on the first page is one way to keep me from posting pictures. So you may begin discussion of this case at anytime; I welcome it. In addition, it is not necessary to scream (using caps) my hat name. Thank you

For the Record I wasn't "Screaming"...I was just typing a header to my post and I put it in caps like I always do with peoples names. Quit being so sincetive.

And I stand by what I said...pages upon pages of posting with no content is a little anoying when the purpose of this forum is to discuss the case. I realize that you're trying to keep the thread alive, but give me a break...you need to participate in the discussion more and "Bump Up" less.

Just my Opinion!

http://media.www.thelantern.com/med...3/Campus/Is.Brian.Shaffer.Alive-3707043.shtml already posted.
In reading this news article, it does seem that Brian's best friend knows something, as well as one of the girls seen on video that night.
What it is, I don't know.
If Brian S decided to just go away, the stress of his mom's death too much for him, you would think that after a few months, he would be back.
But, three years and other deaths in Brian's family, including his dad's and leaving his girl friend behind and his medical career behind, what could he be thinking of, except of himself?

You could say, maybe he had to get away, his mom's death was just overwhelming.
You could say maybe there were family dynamics that were such that he and his dad were not close.
You could say, maybe he never wanted to be a doctor.
You could say, maybe he was falling out of love with his girlfriend, maybe her goals were not his any longer.
You could say all this, we just do not know.

Now his best friend has a lawyer.
One of the girls in the video has never been polygraphed and neither has his brother.
For heaven's sake, what is LE thinking?

If Brian S did not disappear willingly, then where is he?

Maybe the best friend did give him drugs, as suggested, and the combo of drugs and alcohol, did cause him to die? Maybe Brian S was taken out of the only exit not covered by cameras and left in a nearby constructon dumpster?

I pray we all know the truth soon.

Very interesting and the best friend has refused to take 2 polygraphs and the only one to refuse to do so.

Very interesting and the best friend has refused to take 2 polygraphs and the only one to refuse to do so.

Yea...its more then just a little suspicious isn't it!!! What does Clint do now???? Some have said that he's a lawyer, some say a Doctor????

Florence, 32, works for the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the Vanderbilt University Medical School, where he is a postdoctoral fellow, according to a Vanderbilt Web site.

http://media.www.thelantern.com/med...3/Campus/Is.Brian.Shaffer.Alive-3707043.shtml

While I do believe it is always a defense attorney's stand not to take a polygraph...WHY does Clint have an attorney at all?! To me, this is more glaring than not taking the poly!

There is no way I believe that Brian is still alive, sadly. I would love for information to come out to bring him home and to bring him justice. Clint has to be hiding something, imo. Innocent people and people who have nothing to worry about do not hire attorneys as rule!

Florence, 32, works for the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the Vanderbilt University Medical School, where he is a postdoctoral fellow, according to a Vanderbilt Web site.

http://media.www.thelantern.com/med...3/Campus/Is.Brian.Shaffer.Alive-3707043.shtml

While I do believe it is always a defense attorney's stand not to take a polygraph...WHY does Clint have an attorney at all?! To me, this is more glaring than not taking the poly!

There is no way I believe that Brian is still alive, sadly. I would love for information to come out to bring him home and to bring him justice. Clint has to be hiding something, imo. Innocent people and people who have nothing to worry about do not hire attorneys as rule!

I agree..I have long thought that about Clint...if you KNOW NOTHING, then why hire an attorney? Don't tell me it was because he was just tired of the questions and if police contacted him in the future, all he had to do was say, "talk to my attorney." I know other people have refused polygraphs for totally innocent reasons but the fact that Clint wouldn't take one, when all of Brian's other friends did, AND hired the attorney speaks volumes to me. I wish the police would try to question him again. I can't believe his actions don't look suspicious to them either, unless they know something we don't.

I have wondered about that often...why isn't LE more suspicious of Clint? Or are they? I too do not believe Brian is with us any longer, just kills me how people hide behind their attorney(s).

I remember reading that Brian Shaffer's wallet was found in or near a dumpster in an alley close to the Ugly Tuna Salona. It made me wonder if his body was dumped into a dumpster in the alley and was subsequently dumped into a garbage truck and hawled to the city dump before investigators had a chance to search the dumpsters in the area. That would explain why his body has never been found, it would also tie the finding of the wallet in the alley to the explination. Just a Thought.

Does the building have garbage chutes that went to the dumpsters below?

I remember reading that Brian Shaffer's wallet was found in or near a dumpster in an alley close to the Ugly Tuna Salona. It made me wonder if his body was dumped into a dumpster in the alley and was subsequently dumped into a garbage truck and hawled to the city dump before investigators had a chance to search the dumpsters in the area. That would explain why his body has never been found, it would also tie the finding of the wallet in the alley to the explination. Just a Thought.

I don't remember reading that Brian's wallet was found in a dumpster. Does anyone have a link to this information? Also, IMO Clint knows something either directly or indirectly. I can't imagine being with my best freind the night they disappear and not doing everything in my power to help find him. Lawyering up speaks volumes to me! I honestly feel the only way for this case to proceed towards being solved is for Clint to tell exactly what he know about that night...until then or unless a body is found, I don't think this case will be solved. Of couse, my own opinion.

From what I have read the wallet was found in an alley (Not in a Dumpster) in the area of the Ugly Tuna.
Thats why I thought it would be feasable for him to have been dumped into a garbage dumpster and subsequently picked up by a trash truck unbeknownst to the trash truck driver/worker.

If the wallet find was just a rumor, I havn't heard that. And his "Friend" lawyering up is totally suspicious! I've often wondered, based on the final video of him talking to those girls out side the Ugly Tuna, if Brian Shaffer pissed someone off by talking to the women, was threatened when he went back into the club and then tried to duck out the construction area, or the back door of the Ugly Tuna (and the camera didn't capture it), and then was caught by who ever threatened him and subsequently killed...weather it was by accident or on purpose. Ie. Someone ment to beat him up and went too far, then covered it up... This sounds like a very plausable theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert