Benjaman Kyle Statement from Owner of Websleuths.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's look at it this way. Sometimes.....a sequel to a movie is made later when everyone wrote it off as not going to happen. There may well be a sequel to this subject...but that doesn't mean anyone has to commit to it now. Make sense??

At this point, I don't think BK wants us to find out his identity. Maybe he's in the process of gathering his thoughts and working on a written statement to explain himself, but somehow I doubt that too.

The more I think about it, the more BK's responses on this forum provide an insight into his lack of desire for us to help. I wonder why he even came on here in the first place. He seemed so uncooperative and evasive, yet he knew we would be asking all kinds of questions as soon as he signed up.

He remembers pickled eggs, grits, oatmeal soup, specific restaurants and grocery stores, a brand of cigarettes, the state fair, the library, a food service publication, debate about a public transit system, falling off a loading dock, his exact birthday, Catholic school, having three brothers, the railroad tracks in Richmond Hill, and so many other things... yet he doesn't remember a single name of any family member or friend, address, phone number, employer, residence, car, or anything personal enough to generate a lead. But he definitely wasn't homeless. :waitasec:

I think regardless of whether he is a fraud or not, we have no way of knowing if he has concerned friends or family members out there somewhere. We don't know if he's done something horrible or he's potentially dangerous. These are my main reasons for wanting to continue the search for his identity.

I wonder if NB even considered this when she brought him home... :(

Juan was identified within months of his being found....that was my point. His attitude may have been different had it been years and he still didn't know who he was, where he lived, etc. Did we really expect for BK to sit by his computer corresponding with us all day for months and months? He probably would get depressed sitting and thinking all day about it. I guess we will most likely never know who he really is. The story ends here....So, after nearly 6 years, Benjaman Kyle really is "A Real Live Nobody". That's all they wrote. The End.

As for counselor, I would hardly call Nurse Betty a counselor.

BBM-never did I expect it, RK. And, we sat back while he cherry picked what he wanted to answer. Fair enough.

I think he signed on to WS because it made a good story while the documentary was being filmed. I have nothing to base that on other than is was similar timing to the film of him in Savannah being shot. AND James Smith, the Doc director, posted for a while as well.

Voice, I say this with love and respect-but the idea that we share everything on a public message board simply because we are all members here is naive. We have ME's, attorneys, LE, journalists, judges and the like who post here, as well as victims, armchair detectives and SAHM's. We have had perps post here. If I receive an instruction from someone who has entrusted me with certain information that I am not to post it, for example, then that is what I will do. Not Post it.

I acknowledge your decision, Tricia, and will abide by it.

I guess it makes the most sense that this whole amnesia mess with BK all had to do with a potential, trumped-up lawsuit, and nothing more. If I knew that was the whole story then I could easily forget about BK, and could care less what his true identity is, but since I don't know if that's the whole story, it makes me think there could be more to the story. Give me a few days, and I'll probably come around to your way of thinking, meaning there's really nothing here to sleuth or worth sleuthing.
jt & my :twocents:
:HBwhiteflag:

I would still like to know how we arrived at the conclusion that Benjaman NEVER had amnesia?

I would also like a link to where there are "online accusations" made by BK or NB that say RHPD botched the investigation.

Isn't there some kind of Statue of Limitation for suing? If so, what are the Statue of Limitations?

--

BBM-never did I expect it, RK. And, we sat back while he cherry picked what he wanted to answer. Fair enough.

I think he signed on to WS because it made a good story while the documentary was being filmed. I have nothing to base that on other than is was similar timing to the film of him in Savannah being shot. AND James Smith, the Doc director, posted for a while as well.

respectfully snipped.

Voice, let me make this very clear.

I can't speak for believe, but most of us took the drastic turn to walk from this case when we verified the facts surrounding his story were bogus. It was a matter of days, not weeks or months that things fell into place. Once all the ducks were in a row and verified the information was presented here at WS.

I don't know that believe necessarily -owes- you an answer, or that it is a mandatory requirement that every question asked by a WS'r be answered by another. Participation at WS is and has always been on a voluntary basis. Just because a question is asked does not necessitate or require an answer.

hth -JMO

Thank you very much. That is very helpful. Thank you for clearing that up. I apologize if I came across as expecting answers from anyone who wasn't willing to answer. I am no longer curious about those things.

I remember this old expression here,

"I don't know what your name is; I don't know what your game is".

Well, we may not know what BK's real name is, but I think we do have a very good idea here what BK's game is.

Tricia has made the correct decision here. I fully support her decision.

All of you are great folks here. Don’t let all the work and dedication that you have done in this case lead you to despair. Tricia is right. There are other threads in the WS forums where our great minds are needed.

Voice, I say this with love and respect-but the idea that we share everything on a public message board simply because we are all members here is naive. We have ME's, attorneys, LE, journalists, judges and the like who post here, as well as victims, armchair detectives and SAHM's. We have had perps post here. If I receive an instruction from someone who has entrusted me with certain information that I am not to post it, for example, then that is what I will do. Not Post it.

I appreciate your input. I am sorry for being naive. I did not mean to imply you had to answer. I was simply stating my thoughts and curiosities, nothing more. I didn't know the information I was curious about was information you were told not to post. I no longer have those thought or curiosities. Again, I am so sorry for my curiosity.

ETA - I have deleted my curiosities on my last post. Again, I am very sorry.

I would still like to know how we arrived at the conclusion that Benjaman NEVER had amnesia?

I would also like a link to where there are "online accusations" made by BK or NB that RHPD botched the investigation.

Isn't there some kind of Statue of Limitation for suing? If so, what are the Statue of Limitations?

--

Who said he "never" had it? Although I dont think I have seen anything that supports it, fwiw. He claims amnesia from a traumatic, closed head injury, three depressions in his skull, severe beating-that didnt happen apparently. Retrograde amnesia, the kind he claims he had, appears to be caused by a traumatic brain injury. Which he didnt have in 2004 when he was discovered sleeping in the dumpster.

The transfer to GA Regional seems to support the possibility that BK Doe had an issue that was suspected as a possible cause for his statements of amnesia.

Bolded by me:

Geez, now I am curious :crazy: LOL

I totally understand the situation though...I also understand the choice to not allow any space for Benjaman on this forum... good choice. I do hope that someone opens up a new one though .. I am way to curious/skeptical of this case .. I need to talk & read other peoples opinions about it..

Thank you Tricia for keeping this particular case go on for as long as it did! I really enjoyed it.

I appreciate your input. I am sorry for being naive. I did not mean to imply you had to answer. I was simply stating my thoughts and curiosities, nothing more. I didn't know the information I was curious about was information you were told not to post. I no longer have those thought or curiosities. Again, I am so sorry for my curiosity.

Now, I can see it was all my bad-I thought you wanted a data dump of some kind. :blowkiss: I would love to...empty my files, post all my notes, cell phone bills (lol), letters, emails, fliers, saved messages....trust me, most of you would fall asleep before you got through the first 50. As odd as this may sound, I like this person I met called Benjaman Kyle. I dont have any idea if the person I spoke with and wrote to bears any resemblance to the "real" guy, but he reminded me of someone that I knew once upon a time. :blushing:

In all honesty, I will miss the communication regarding Benjaman .... :(

The case is so damn fasinating to me, I will probably go through withdrawls..LOL @ me.

I do think that folks should go through the BK forum and pull out the names of the missing suggested along the way and give them their own threads if they don't have one yet.

Boyz_Mum was absolutely right about that being an actual positive thing about this case/forum in that it was a great way to bring some attention to some missing men, and I don't think that perk should be wasted. JMO.

According to Tricia's twitter post BK NEVER had amnesia:

Benjamin Kyle does not have amnesia nor did he ever. Lying *advertiser censored*. Check out WS. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147

ETA Twitter Link: http://twitter.com/websleuths

Who said he "never" had it? Although I dont think I have seen anything that supports it, fwiw. He claims amnesia from a traumatic, closed head injury, three depressions in his skull, severe beating-that didnt happen apparently. Retrograde amnesia, the kind he claims he had, appears to be caused by a traumatic brain injury. Which he didnt have in 2004 when he was discovered sleeping in the dumpster.

The transfer to GA Regional seems to support the possibility that BK Doe had an issue that was suspected as a possible cause for his statements of amnesia.

In all honesty, I will miss the communication regarding Benjaman .... :(

The case is so damn fasinating to me, I will probably go through withdrawls..LOL @ me.

I do believe there are other forums you can find. I'm too much of a WS junky to be able to name them, but I am sure you can find them. :)

She did apologize for calling him that word. She didn't say anything else besides that so I don't know??

Oh no with the twitter...didnt she clear that up, or am I mistaken?? I do not twitter, so I defer to Tricia's explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288