So who does Aphrodite Jones think is the killer is?

JenniferTx

Reaction score
Just curious to know who does Aphrodite Jones think the killer is? I know several of the posters on this board are almost experts on this case and have followed it from the beginning. I'm curious to know what some of the experts on this case think.

Jennifer, I am certainly not an expert but after viewing the show it's my opinion that AJ does not care who killed JonBenet. She is only in it for money and fame. She is as bad as Michael Tracey in my opinion.

Its quite obvious she knows absolutely nothing about JonBenet's murder, so my guess would be ?

Jennifer, I am certainly not an expert but after viewing the show it's my opinion that AJ does not care who killed JonBenet. She is only in it for money and fame. She is as bad as Michael Tracey in my opinion.

Yeah, that's my impression, too. She doesn't give a tinker's damn.

(Incidentally, beck, who do you THINK AJ got her "facts" from anyway? It's just that after the JMK debacle, Tracey hasn't got enough credibility to peddle his BS in his own name anymore!)

Yes...I agree with all of the above and, get this, I am writing a book about the same subject that one of her new books is going to be about. Guess which one of us is going to sell more? Answer: It won't be me! This just upsets me so much because I am so passionate about certain cases and she just wants to throw things together whether they mean anything or not!

Yes...I agree with all of the above and, get this, I am writing a book about the same subject that one of her new books is going to be about. Guess which one of us is going to sell more? Answer: It won't be me! This just upsets me so much because I am so passionate about certain cases and she just wants to throw things together whether they mean anything or not!

Small world!

Alright! Two new books about JonBenet! I'm not counting JR's book because it's not about her, it's about his and Patsy's pity trip.

UhOh! Looks like I misunderstood as well, but that's ok, I'll still be looking forward to reading both your books.

Hi Dave! I didn't mean to imply that I am writing a book about JBR. Its on a completely different case, but Aphrodite has it in her plans to also write on it. Are you writing a book on JBR? Or did I misunderstand? :crazy:

No, I got what you meant. I just meant that it was a small world for two amateur sleuth authors to meet.

And as for writing a book on this case, it's already written. I just need to publish it, but so far, it's a tough slog.

Rodney Alcala...and I am featuring the victims and their families as well.

Wow, norest. I imagine writing about Alcala and his victims is a daunting task. Please let us know when it's available. I've read most of the threads here concerning him and I applaud you for taking on this task. I'm sure it will mean a lot to his victim's families. :tyou:

No, I got what you meant. I just meant that it was a small world for two amateur sleuth authors to meet.

And as for writing a book on this case, it's already written. I just need to publish it, but so far, it's a tough slog.

Well best of luck to you! I'm just in the research phase and imagine it will take me at least a year to do it once my research is over.

Wow, norest. I imagine writing about Alcala and his victims is a daunting task. Please let us know when it's available. I've read most of the threads here concerning him and I applaud you for taking on this task. I'm sure it will mean a lot to his victim's families. :tyou:

Oh yes...it is very daunting! Trying to get information on a 30-40 year old case is next to impossible. The victims themselves are in their 40's and 50's now and a lot of parents have passed. Finding information before the Internet is just awful. But, I am putting my life on hiatus completely in June or July and concentrating on this. I think it will be a good thing for me. It's something I've always wanted to do, but never thought that I could. After learning about Alcala, I knew I had to write the book. I grew up in California in the area he was operating and was a model. Without giving away too much, I have a personal reason to write the book.

I sure hate to have Aphrodite Jones as my competition since she has every resource she needs at her disposal, somehow I feel that I can bring the story out with more emotion and passion.

Heyya SD.

Why is it a tough slog?

What is a slog?

Is it that the book is not marketable? so many years past the initial interest in the crime?

How does the Ramseys' exhoneration effect your attempt to publish?
Is the RDI or PDI perspectibe now viewed as just another conspiracy theory?
Is it a liability issue?

Heyya SD.

Why is it a tough slog?

What is a slog?

Is it that the book is not marketable? so many years past the initial interest in the crime?

Is it a liability issue?
The Ramseys are no longer exonerated.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5701132&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Ramseys are no longer “cleared” according to Stan Garnett[/ame]:

Heyya SD.

Why is it a tough slog?

What is a slog?

Is it a liability issue?

I think getting any book published as a new author is very difficult. If someone like Diane Fanning or Ann Rule decided to write a JBR book, it would be pretty easy for them to get it published because they already have their foot in the door. Same goes for John Ramsey or someone who has a direct connection to this case, because it gives them a marketing angle since the author might know new exclusive information about the case that they would share in the book.

Dave, do you have an agent? I believe that helps a lot when you want publishers to look at your work since they get thousands of manuscripts.

Have you thought of Ebooks? I hear its a great place to start, especially with Kindle and such available these days...

I think getting any book published as a new author is very difficult. If someone like Diane Fanning or Ann Rule decided to write a JBR book, it would be pretty easy for them to get it published because they already have their foot in the door. Same goes for John Ramsey or someone who has a direct connection to this case, because it gives them a marketing angle since the author might know new exclusive information about the case that they would share in the book.

Dave, do you have an agent? I believe that helps a lot when you want publishers to look at your work since they get thousands of manuscripts.

Thanks for the feedback, eileenhawkeye.

So persistence and a literary agent would facilitate the goal.
I just wondered if it was the perspective of the book that was of issue.

Looking forward to it's eventual publication,
also just wondered if ... it's a niche book,
and what other difficulties SD might be facing in his attempts.

Yes, I'm aware of SG's pre-election stance.

I dunno, following the JBR case .... it's a frustrating exercise,
I'm just left of fence-sitting, unable to ignore
PR's designation in the handwriting analysis,
and
unable to comprehend how the hymenal erosion issue can be a non-issue.

Within the subculture, the precarious nature of the dna results is a consideration, but the popular media has declared it otherwise.

Not intending to be abrupt? or duplicitous,
it' just difficult to negotiate that grey area, when you're a FSer.

It's not easy being green - KtheF

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back