TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm another local who joined this site out of concern for Gail. I'm having a little trouble understanding. Are you guys saying that the phone pinged on the other side of the mountain? Opposite from the Walmart side? I was under the impression it pinged near the walmart, but is this untrue? Also, does anyone know if there will be any searches? I'm willing to volunteer to search.

I have no idea if Hubby is involved, but wouldn't it make sense if he had her phone that when he was pressured to report Gail missing he would then get rid of it? Hence it pinging the day he was pressured to report her disappearance?

ETA: Like maybe he turned it on one last time before chucking it to check something? Like messages, texts, or something? Or possibly even to make it ping in an area that is nowhere near Gail to throw off investigators?

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said.

The north base??? :eek: That is not near the Wal-Mart at all, so where did that rumor come from?

Now I want to know how far away this was on the north side! Do they mean out near Dunlap, or Powell's Crossroads, or where?

This does not bode well for finding her because that's just so much mountainous territory, woods, streams, omg. No wonder her brother said they were overwhelmed! Because that's a whole different story than if the phone pinged on the base of the mountain near Red Bank and Chattanooga.

<modsnip comment regarding children>
i was told by someone who gave me several details last week that are now coming out in the news that it is known where the jewelry is, so tho the theory of him claiming it on ins, while quite clever, probably won't pan out.

i have read this entire thread and spread the word via the internet to friends all over, but especially the west coast. i am a local and tho i don't know the family, nor the kids, i live very close and my kids attend the same school as their youngest.

one other thing i want to throw out there...just b/c MP isn't pleading for his safe return doesn't make him guilty imo, hasn't there been examples of the dh's pleading for their dw's return, only to have it turn out that they were cya'ing?

overall there are so many holes in this case, unless there was a hired hit, which hadn't occured to me before it was mentioned here, i can't make any scenario fit 100%. :waitasec:

Hello,
I'm another local who joined this site out of concern for Gail. I'm having a little trouble understanding. Are you guys saying that the phone pinged on the other side of the mountain? Opposite from the Walmart side? I was under the impression it pinged near the walmart, but is this untrue? Also, does anyone know if there will be any searches? I'm willing to volunteer to search.
I have no idea if Hubby is involved, but wouldn't it make sense if he had her phone that when he was pressured to report Gail missing he would then get rid of it? Hence it pinging the day he was pressured to report her disappearance?

ETA: Like maybe he turned it on one last time before chucking it to check something? Like messages, texts, or something? Or possibly even to make it ping in an area that is nowhere near Gail to throw off investigators?

BBM..My understanding is they are organizing a search but don't know exactly when the search is going to take place or who wil be involved in the search. I also read a vigil will be held on Saturday the 21st at 4pm...Pruett's parking lot...JMHO

BBM..My understanding is they are organizing a search but don't know exactly when the search is going to take place or who wil be involved in the search. I also read a vigil will be held on Saturday the 21st at 4pm...Pruett's parking lot...JMHO

Thank you for answering. I will keep my eyes and ears peeled for details.

The north base??? :eek: That is not near the Wal-Mart at all, so where did that rumor come from?

Now I want to know how far away this was on the north side! Do they mean out near Dunlap, or Powell's Crossroads, or where? This does not bode well for finding her because that's just so much mountainous territory, woods, streams, omg. No wonder her brother said they were overwhelmed! Because that's a whole different story than if the phone pinged on the base of the mountain near Red Bank and Chattanooga.

BBM.. Would Powell's Crossroad be considered the north base? I'm thinking north base would be somewhere toward Dunlap or toward Soddy Daisy or in the vicinity of Roberts Mill Road however I'm not very familar with that area..JMHO

Have you heard anything about the FBI or TBI being involved yet MacGyver? TY.

No, but Diane said that Gail's brother Kevin had spoken to the FBI. I haven't talked to Diane in a couple of days, so I don't know anything else. I know they were tremendously busy with the gathering yesterday.

i was told by someone who gave me several details last week that are now coming out in the news that it is known where the jewelry is, so tho the theory of him claiming it on ins, while quite clever, probably won't pan out.

We only have the husband's word that it was ever missing in the first place. And if it was her jewelry, then she had a right to remove it from the house, but that is unclear. It's hard to say what is true and what is a rumor.

msb said:
one other thing i want to throw out there...just b/c MP isn't pleading for his safe return doesn't make him guilty imo, hasn't there been examples of the dh's pleading for their dw's return, only to have it turn out that they were cya'ing?

I had to look up what "cya'ing" is. :crazy: I realize we have alot of newbies around on this thread, but it might be better to write with fewer abbreviations because I know my old brain is too slow sometimes to interpret groups of letters that aren't really words. It's a little confusing.

In answer to your question, no, most husbands do not plead for their wife's return unless they actually care. The ones who cry on camera and beg their wives to return are usually suffering, sincere, scared, and broken-hearted.

Then there are the other kind :innocent: who clam up and lawyer up so fast it can make your head spin, and I think we're seeing it again in this case.

The first few times he spoke to the police and the media, all he did was talk about the kids, the money, the jeep, the merchandise, and how hard it all was on him! That speaks volumes to me. The pleading for Gail's safe return would be nice to hear, especially out of respect to her family and to his own children, but since they were on the rocks already, it's not going to happen.

msb said:
overall there are so many holes in this case, unless there was a hired hit, which hadn't occured to me before it was mentioned here, i can't make any scenario fit 100%. :waitasec:
Not yet. But I think things are becoming clearer by the day.

BBM.. Would Powell's Crossroad be considered the north base? I'm thinking north base would be somewhere toward Dunlap or toward Soddy Daisy or in the vicinity of Roberts Mill Road however I'm not very familar with that area..JMHO

I guess Powell's Crossroads is more to the West. I didn't think about them meaning Soddy-Daisy, though. I was thinking of the real "north" (due north) which would be Dunlap. I guess we will find out someday exactly where they are talking about.

Guys, please leave the whereabouts of the kids off the board.
Thank you.

I guess Powell's Crossroads is more to the West. I didn't think about them meaning Soddy-Daisy, though. I was thinking of the real "north" (due north) which would be Dunlap. I guess we will find out someday exactly where they are talking about.

I've been loooking east and west travelling north on 127... Scary.. Entirely too much territory that could be considered as north base of the mtn...JMHO

http://sigmtn.com/map.php

WE need to start linking to information. I know some are privvy to inside info and cannot link to it, but if it is inside information then it may hamper the investigation to post it in a public forum. So,moving forward, if you cannot link to it we are going to leave it offboard.
Thanks all and let's find Gail.

About Mr. Palmgren being on "Administrative Leave."

My husband, who has been a bureaucrat now for 27 years, had an interesting take on that.

He said, "Oh, he must be in some kind of trouble at work, then."

Me: "Well, supposedly he has a girlfriend at work, according to the Times-Free-Press."

My Hubby: "Ah ~ that might explain it. Otherwise, why wouldn't BC/BS let him take vacation time or sick leave to be with his kids?"

Me: "Sounds right to me."

:twocents:

Anywhere there are men in power and men with money, there are affairs. The vast majority of cheating men don't kill their wives ... if we're looking at this statistically ...

Gail's phone pinging on the opposite side of the mountain is very troublesome to me. I think it's the date, May 2nd, that bothers me. That's two days after we KNOW of, that anyone talked to Gail. What I'd like to know is what Gail's phone records looked like from around April 15th through to the current date?

We've seen in the media, that Gail talked to her sister on the day she drove away from the home, leaving the children behind. We don't know if Gail talked to anyone else after that time. I'm guessing since the last date of conversation was on April 30th, that no one, other than MAYBE the husband spoke to her again.

What happened during that two day time span, until her family became alarmed they were unable to talk to her? Where was she May 1 and 2nd? I'm curious if her car was spotted at the home after the neighbor saw her drive away?

There's something about those two days that means something. What, I don't know, but the case, IMHO, seems to be going in the direction, I'm sure we did't want it to.

Where is Gail?

JMHO
fran

Gail's phone pinging on the opposite side of the mountain is very troublesome to me. I think it's the date, May 2nd, that bothers me.

SNIP

Where did this alleged ping on the North side of Signal Mtn come from?

I thought the May 2nd ping was received by a cell tower
in the vicinity of WalMart on the Southeast side of the mountain.

5:00 pm: WalMart area cell phone ping
Walmart 501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN
http://bit.ly/ilncK7
which cell phone service did Gail have?

ATT Sprint Verizon Cell Towers
http://bit.ly/mT5X8h (scroll down, filter)

topo mao
http://bit.ly/j5LSV6

Saturday, April 29, 2011

12:15 pm: Gail brought children home to
40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN 37377-2100
http://bit.ly/lVUChL
and left sans driver's license, credit cards
driving a Dark Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon http://bit.ly/m7RYJA

being that Gail left without her license and credit cards,
is there existing evidence (12:15 - 1:00 pm pings)
that Gail had her phone with her?

I apologize for my post abt the children. I was trying to answer questions posted here, but u r right, not necessary.

I wonder if Gail typically parked in the driveway or in the garage. When they got home, I wonder where the kids and the dogs went. I'd like to know more about the dogs.

I also noted Timesville Road runs behind their house, so someone could potentially come through that way.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pv...2982&dir=354.55347997057885&sty=b&form=LMLTCC

Timesville Road can't be accessed from St. Ives by road. There is an 8 foot wall that blocks access because it is the most run down area on the mountain. It is accessible through the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine