Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cautionary tale ?
http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/mark_bonokoski/2009/01/11/7985756-sun.html

"McCaul, without question, is one disturbing piece of work. Back in 1976, the then-closeted transvestite was found not guilty by reason of insanity -- terminology which has since been replaced by "not criminally responsible" -- for the murder of Carol Lynn Millar, 25, whose badly beaten and semi-naked body was found frozen in a compost heap in a Toronto park by a man walking his dog.

The facts of the case were so grisly -- attempted sex with the corpse three days after the murder, for example -- that Ontario Supreme Court Justice Samuel Hughes barred the public and the press from the courtroom in "the interest of public morals."

Shortly after being sent to Penetang, McCaul confessed to a murder predating Millar's by five years -- that of a 61-year-old stranger, Archibald McDougal, a caretaker at Toronto's Loretto Abbey private school for girls whom he stabbed to death and mutilated with a paring knife"

A cautionary tale ?
http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/mark_bonokoski/2009/01/11/7985756-sun.html

"McCaul, without question, is one disturbing piece of work. Back in 1976, the then-closeted transvestite was found not guilty by reason of insanity -- terminology which has since been replaced by "not criminally responsible" -- for the murder of Carol Lynn Millar, 25, whose badly beaten and semi-naked body was found frozen in a compost heap in a Toronto park by a man walking his dog.

The facts of the case were so grisly -- attempted sex with the corpse three days after the murder, for example -- that Ontario Supreme Court Justice Samuel Hughes barred the public and the press from the courtroom in "the interest of public morals."

Shortly after being sent to Penetang, McCaul confessed to a murder predating Millar's by five years -- that of a 61-year-old stranger, Archibald McDougal, a caretaker at Toronto's Loretto Abbey private school for girls whom he stabbed to death and mutilated with a paring knife"
ugh
attempted sex with the corpse three days after the murder

FootballMom, I'm looking forward to your timeline!
very interesting the link to the article about the psychotic murder and I'm going to google that paper now! :woohoo:
I've seen around the web some people making comparisons between Luka Magnotta vs Vince Li.
The problem is the narcissist factor coupled with LM internet story,
people find it hard to believe he could be psychotic or had some mental breakdown. IDK anymore what to think!

Glad you liked the article... I read the matricide research paper and found it very fascinating.

It is not at all unusual for mentally ill persons to have comorbidity.

I'm not sure this has been posted in any LM threads. It is from the group that was trying to find him for the kitten postings, the AB Project.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...8qbQLf&sig=AHIEtbSXrZ0Xm7_1FARfZw4c7pORRNFD9w

It has some relevant background about how he operated online and some quirky things, like the wigs he wore. Beware of a couple of pics at the end of it. I skipped by really quickly.

That's our old one from the 2010 incident. We updated it in early spring of 2012 after the second and third incident if you want the newer one.

http://abproject.org/docs/Kitten Killer 2010 - 2011.pdf

Vice Magazine (originally launched as the Voice of Montreal) is a Canadian magazine and media conglomerate focused on international arts & culture. Vice is also known for championing the "Immersionist" school of journalism which has recently produced universally praised exposes on issues in North Korea, the Japanese nuclear crisis, mental disorders; among countless others.

Bruce LaBruce is a Canadian writer, filmmaker and photographer who is a contributing writer for Vice Magazine whose articles focus on culture, arts and GLBTQ issues.

With that understanding, I found it appropriate to share LaBruce's latest article for Vice Magazine which includes a focus on Magnotta from a unique, Canadian perspective with insights on Magnotta which I would consider unique.

From Vice Magazine 20 June 2012
By Bruce LaBruce
Wondering... Psychopathic Fame Monsters
http://www.vice.com/read/wondering-psychopathic-fame-monsters

I’ve been trying to write a screenplay about a gay serial killer for quite a few years now–since the mid-90s, in fact–but it isn’t easy: For some odd reason, most financiers tend not to think of it as a project that positively reinforces the homosexual agenda. The trick is to make a movie that is, if not exactly sympathetic to the serial killer, then at least sensitive to the circumstances and psychology that have led him down this horrifying, psychopathic path, acknowledging that a certain monstrous potential may be buried inside of all of us.

Lots of thoughts on this topic-please confine the discussion to this thread. Please remember that this is generally a layman discussion of our opinions regarding the psychological makeup of Magnotta.

JBean, Nurse or Salem
Would this be the appropriate thread to post the latest news updates such as this:

From the National Post
20 June 2012
Luka Rocco Magnotta in solitary confinement, under suicide watch in Montreal jail
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/20/luka-rocco-magnotta-suicide-watch/

Or should we create a thread that would be a repository and discussion of latest news updates????

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am in the middle of putting together my analysis of LM. Because there is still a lot of information that has not been confirmed, such as possible existing medical records from his youth and record of what may have been prescribed and for what condition he may have been diagnosed with, I will base my analysis solely on his writings that he has peppered all over the net. For now I am just trying to grasp the mental illnesses, other cases that may be somewhat similar, even though there are many unique characteristics in the way this murder was committed and the unique way LM disseminated what he had done.

I am in the middle of putting together my analysis of LM. Because there is still a lot of information that has not been confirmed, such as possible existing medical records from his youth and record of what may have been prescribed and for what condition he may have been diagnosed with, I will base my analysis solely on his writings that he has peppered all over the net. For now I am just trying to grasp the mental illnesses, other cases that may be somewhat similar, even though there are many unique characteristics in the way this murder was committed and the unique way LM disseminated what he had done.

Really looking forward to your analysis.

Really looking forward to your analysis.
Link below:
Interesting: - Narcissism
-Grandiose sense of self-importance.
-Fantasies of and preoccupied with beauty, brilliance, ideal love, power, or unlimited success.
-belief of being special and unique and can only be understood or a need to associate with people of high status.
- need for excessive admiration.
- Unreasonable expectation of being treated with favor or excepting an automatic compliance to her / his wishes.
-will use others to achieve her / his goals.
-lacks empathy.
- believes others are envious of her / him or is envious of others.
-contemptuous or haughty attitudes / behaviors."
http://www.echo.me.uk/npd1.htm

Link below

Body dimorphic disorder:
-Body dimorphic disorder is a type of chronic mental illness in which you can't stop thinking about a flaw with your appearance

-obsess over your appearance and body image

-seek out numerous cosmetic procedures to try to "fix" your perceived flaws

Avoidance of mirrors altogether (closet door)

Frequent cosmetic procedures with little satisfaction

Need to wear excessive makeup or clothing to camouflage perceived flaws

Common features people may obsess about: Nose, Hair. Skin, Acne Baldness, Genitalia

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-dysmorphic-disorder/DS00559/DSECTION=symptoms

JBean, Nurse or Salem
Would this be the appropriate thread to post the latest news updates such as this:

From the National Post
20 June 2012
Luka Rocco Magnotta in solitary confinement, under suicide watch in Montreal jail

Or should we create a thread that would be a repository and discussion of latest news updates????

Thanks!
Oh did not see this and just posted it sorry! Suicidal ideation often associated with mental illiness no?

necrophilia
Link below

Figuratively, the term necrophilia describes an inordinate desire to control another person, usually in the context of a romantic or interpersonal relationship; the accusation is that the person is so interpersonally controlling as to be better-suited to relationships with nonresponsive people.

Sexual attraction to corpses

Overcoming feelings of isolation

Seeking self-esteem by expressing power over a homicide victim (12%).[2]

Read more: http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Necrophilia#ixzz1yNbxrYfe

Broad spectrum of necrophilia behaviors, ranging from fantasies alone to murder for the sake of procuring a dead body.

The presence of other paraphilia’s or personality disorders, however, can manifest in more grotesque or sadistic elements such as mutilation of the corpse, drinking the blood or urine, or homicide

Research has determined an alarming rate of homicide in order to obtain a body for subsequent sexual violation

42% of their study sample of necrophilia had murdered in order to obtain a body.

http://www.forensicpsychiatry.ca/paraphilia/necro.htm

Oh did not see this and just posted it sorry! Suicidal ideation often associated with mental illiness no?

It actually isn't unusual for prisoners awaiting trial to be placed on suicide watch at first. It doesn't necessarily indicate mental illness. Could go either way, but I reckon it is just a precaution.

It actually isn't unusual for prisoners awaiting trial to be placed on suicide watch at first. It doesn't necessarily indicate mental illness. Could go either way, but I reckon it is just a precaution.

From what I've read here and there about other cases, it's SOP in a case like this, particularly.

Luka Rocco Magnotta has been transferred to an east-end Montreal jail where he has been placed into solitary confinement and is under a 24-hour suicide watch while awaiting his next court appearance.

Oh dear.... I was going to say something ugly about him having seen the horrid sketch of him yesterday, or really any of the REAL-LIFE pictures of him that have been taken without him having a chance to put on make-up and a hair piece. I will refrain from those statements. Maybe he is just missing the internet. I truly find it difficult to fathom an individual who can make multiple films of himself torturing kittens and then a film of him doing things beyond description to JL and FILMING it, but after arrest decides he feels bad enough to kill himself? NO WAY!!!! Just another act in the LM show.... an act that is NEVER, EVER, EVER going to be a sold-out show. :twocents:

JBean, Nurse or Salem

From the National Post
20 June 2012

Thanks!

We don't read every post so make sure you alert when you want make sure we see something.
Put all new articles in the media updates, which is a list only thread. Then if you want to discuss ,put it in the thread that is discussing topic related to the article. If there is no thread and it warrants discussion of its own then
start a new thread. But not a daily update thread at this time. Hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member