Katherine Lyon

We are all entitled to our own opinions.
I think we all agree on that we want the truth to come out about what really happpened.

We are. That is what I believe happened along with I think most the people on this case. When there is a missing child for nearly 40 years, I don't think you start talking about that child being alive without some kind of real proof.
I find it cruel and sensational IMO.

What were people saying about Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard BEFORE they turned up ALIVE?

It is NOT OVER until it is over.

What were people saying about Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard BEFORE they turned up ALIVE?

It is not the same. They were not gone for 40 years. The odds when it comes to people kidnapped and seen alive again is overwhelming.

There is nothing that says these girls are alive. Nothing. After 40 years, There most likely would be by now.
I think that authorities that know more than us and the family seems to accept that these girls are gone.

But it is over. For them. For Sheila and Kate Lyon. It has been for 40 years. Hopefully the pursuit for justice in their case will still continue, though, until their killer or killers are hauled into court and convicted of the crime.

But it is over. For them. For Sheila and Kate Lyon. It has been for 40 years. Hopefully the pursuit for justice in their case will still continue, though, until their killer or killers are hauled into court and convicted of the crime.

I respect that you are entitled to your own opinion.

I respect that you are entitled to your own opinion.

It is not just our opinion though. It is also the opinion of their parents and loved ones. And I think that needs to be honored. I think that saying they are alive or could be and pushing it too far, is tortuous to the family and they are who matter the most.
Families have been tortured by that kind of craziness in the past.

This has gotten way out of hand on here. It would be great if the Katherine Welch is really Katherine Lyon. I'm not going to rule out the possibility for certain until we find the truth, but at this point based on what all has been said, sadly, I don't think that is her. We don't need to keep arguing and debating this anymore. We will just have to understand and accept whatever happens once we hopefully learn the full story from LE. All that matters at this point is that we find these two girls and can put this case to rest and finally give the family the closure they deserve.

This has gotten way out of hand on here. It would be great if the Katherine Welch is really Katherine Lyon. I'm not going to rule out the possibility for certain until we find the truth, but at this point based on what all has been said, sadly, I don't think that is her. We don't need to keep arguing and debating this anymore. We will just have to understand and accept whatever happens once we hopefully learn the full story from LE. All that matters at this point is that we find these two girls and can put this case to rest and finally give the family the closure they deserve.

It's a message board. People debate. That's what it's for.

I'm hoping they can find the remains. If they are buried on the mountain, though...that's a lot of land to cover.

I have always hoped for a resolution one way or the other in this case. I do not wish to debate the issue as to whether or not Sheila and Katherine are alive today. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and arguing about it will not determine the truth.

There have been some statements made about how, after 40 years, a missing person is not likely alive. Here is a link to a very recent websleuths thread about a girl who went missing from Pennsylvania in July 1975 at the age of 14, and who recently turned up alive. I don't know many of the details and doubt that it is related to the Lyon case, but missing persons DO turn up alive years later on rare occasions.

LINK:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?270076-PA-Roxann-Deihl-14-Stroudsburg-July-5-1975

I have always hoped for a resolution one way or the other in this case. I do not wish to debate the issue as to whether or not Sheila and Katherine are alive today. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and arguing about it will not determine the truth.

There have been some statements made about how, after 40 years, a missing person is not likely alive. Here is a link to a very recent websleuths thread about a girl who went missing from Pennsylvania in July 1975 at the age of 14, and who recently turned up alive. I don't know many of the details and doubt that it is related to the Lyon case, but missing persons DO turn up alive years later on rare occasions.

LINK:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?270076-PA-Roxann-Deihl-14-Stroudsburg-July-5-1975

Whoa! That is amazing, if it is as it seems. I must admit to a small amount of skepticism, and I would really like to know more details about this. You would think a case like this would have made the national news by now. Was this treated as a missing persons case in 1975 like the Lyon sisters and given full attention by LE? What is the family backstory on this? Sounds like she was a runaway, and you have to wonder what she was running from and why she never made contact with her family in 40 years. You have to wonder what type of home environment existed. There just does not seem to be a lot of details or media coverage about this case from 1975 or even over the 40 years. That is mysterious in itself. I would be cautious to draw comparisons to the Lyon case, especially as they were younger and from a loving home and a healthy environment. They did not run away.

LINK:

Thank you Richard!!! This is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about! :)

LINK:

This girl wasn't abducted by a predator. Different kettle of fish.

When I first saw comments from John Ervin and graycat (here on WS), I have done a lot of research on his statements.

Yes, at this point Dr. KW is saying she is not Katherine Lyon.

She may be correct or she may have been through so much trauma to handle re-living it all.

From my research, there are a lot of unanswered questions and possible links to KW.

This case is very involved and I may leave the unanswered questions and potential links and connections with LE to sort through.

Thanks to everyone for allowing this thread to exist and to consider the POSSIBILITY. :)

At this point, I don't think I have anything more to say about this topic.

As with graycat, if anyone would like to further the research and unanswered things, you can feel free to message me here on WS.

Does anyone know if Katherine enjoyed sports and what was her favorite sport?

Was she very fast at running?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back