ME ME - Cathy Moulton, 16, Portland, 24 Sept 1971

Back in 2004-2005, investigators were fairly certain Cathy was buried in Smyrna, ME. They dug up some sites in the woods throughout 2004-2005 and then called off the search when they found nothing.

Does the family have dental records of Cathy Moulton?

Eye teeth are canines, which are plainly visible in Cathy's missing photo which verifies that info incorrect. Also, dentals are not availible on her at all which implicates a probable cover up on the agencies part.

Eye teeth are canines, which are plainly visible in Cathy's missing photo which verifies that info incorrect. Also, dentals are not availible on her at all which implicates a probable cover up on the agencies part.
Hi alknon,
If you are posting this as a possible match, can you show a
side by side for comparison? A good rule is to never take just one site as fact. Ther is one in particular that is notorious for getting data entry, photos and recons wrong.
Also if you are working on this one, you might want to ask a mod to merge the other threads to this. Thanks

I don't know what motivation the agencies would have to cover-up her true dentition. But nevertheless, the photo does show that her eyeteeth are missing, as illustrated below. BTW, the NCMEC age progression shows her with her eyeteeth re-installed.

2114415220045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

To Cubby
I have a photo of her decedent remains from the Sheriff's coroner himself. He pasted the dentals side by side as you stated...

Attachments

• 53512 with Alcala victim.jpg
    53512 with Alcala victim.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Cathy Moulton Comparison A.jpg
    Cathy Moulton Comparison A.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 103
  • CM Dentures b.jpg
    CM Dentures b.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 280
Tooth 6 & 11 don't seem to show a gap. Maybe the photo is too blurry.

Tooth 6 & 11 don't seem to show a gap. Maybe the photo is too blurry.

There is a gap where 11 would be. It is not the width of a tooth, and consequently the eyeteeth would have overlapped the adjacent teeth. That is why they would have had to remove the eyeteeth.

If the gap was wide enough to accommodate the tooth, they wouldn't have to remove the tooth.

To Carl - Do you know the Moulton's? Did you know Cathy?

To Carl - Do you know the Moulton's? Did you know Cathy?

Not sure why would that be relevant to the above discussion, but to answer your questions -- No, and No.

ETA: I restated the above comments in subjunctive tense to indicate that it is my interpretation of what happened rather than a statement of what actually happened.

Bump

This month marks 39 years that Cathy has been missing. Come home soon.

Has anyone viewed the photographs taken by convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala? Known to have killed young women between 1971 and 1979. I recommend you look at those. One of the girls featured looks a lot like Cathy Moulton. ( the second picture in the gallery...the girl on the right.) Her hair is more blonde, but the facial features resemble her almost identically. http://http://www.nydailynews.com/news/galleries/nypd_seeks_clues_from_photos_taken_by_serial_killer_rodney_alcala/nypd_seeks_clues_from_photos_taken_by_serial_killer_rodney_alcala.html

Alcala was in New Hampshire in 1971, at some camp. I don't know how far away that was, and the only way what I'll show can make sense, is if Moulton ran away with Alcala, but how likely does that seem? Not very I suppose.

There is a picture, Huntington Beach #38 that is a long shot: Brown hair blue eyes:

moulton_cathy2.jpg

php1iXdTTPM.jpg

Who knows. Its a very long shot.

Yes and they have been submitted to NCIC along with her DNA code.

Deputy Police Chief Kevin Cady (ret.)

The dental records are available. What is your information?

Deputy Police Chief Kevin Cady (ret.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back