Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem friends! This group cares about Brittanee as if she were one their own. We all deserve as much factual info as we can get.

I wanted to address one thing on Grieco. From what I heard he has not done well with this. He has tried to move on but has struggled. I heard at one point he was going to join the military and that would probably be to get away from all of this. DD herself told him he needs to proceed with his life and that he can't wait on her forever.

Thanks so much for this Doc!! I NEVER meant to imply that JG had completely dismissed or forgotten about Brittanee. I said that he had 'moved on'.....but quotes don't exactly clarify what I meant. Out of all of the non-family people in regular contact with Brittanee that week, JG is the one person who seemed to really care about Brittanee and her well-being. He came repeatedly to SC to search for her, he gave repeated interviews and tried to keep her name in the spotlight. He has been an amazing champion for Brittanee from the start and, honestly, I never expected him to spend the rest of his life in mourning or searching for Brittanee, and I'm glad that DD has tried to help him to move forward in his own life. I'm sure that wasn't easy for her at all. I appreciate you clarifying this!!

Since there a few of our members from the "ROC area" I just wanted to ask if any of them "think" or "have an opinion" if the "ROC friends" are actually afraid for their safety if they were to give any helpful information, or just afraid they will get implicated in some sort of other crime, or just don't want to be known as a "snitch". Could they not speak anonymously; i.e. through a crime stopper line, anonymously??

Thanks so much for this Doc!! I NEVER meant to imply that JG had completely dismissed or forgotten about Brittanee. I said that he had 'moved on'.....but quotes don't exactly clarify what I meant. Out of all of the non-family people in regular contact with Brittanee that week, JG is the one person who seemed to really care about Brittanee and her well-being. He came repeatedly to SC to search for her, he gave repeated interviews and tried to keep her name in the spotlight. He has been an amazing champion for Brittanee from the start and, honestly, I never expected him to spend the rest of his life in mourning or searching for Brittanee, and I'm glad that DD has tried to help him to move forward in his own life. I'm sure that wasn't easy for her at all. I appreciate you clarifying this!!

Howdy Krista,

No no I don't feel that you implied it at all. I am just fortunate enough to have the specific inside info on it so I wanted to share it. Your absolutely right though, even though he was 14-16 hours away he has accepted more guilt than any of the people that were down there with her. Simply because "he knew she was there." But of course didn't want this to happen. He cares deeply about her, very unfortunate situation.

OK here is a bit of information about the area. Blue Water Resort is an ocean front resort located on the beach and the same thing with Bar Harbor. I am pretty sure that she had to be walking South down the street to get to Bluewater and if I remember correctly it is a bit of a walk. The thing is though is that the whole strip is surrounded by shops, restaurants, and hotels. She's basically where everything is out. The place that my family is staying it is also surrounded by everything too. We don't have to drive very far at all cause of the location. There is some wooded area if you are going on 501 to the Walmart that is here. Other than that you are pretty much at the ocean and the thing i don't get is like I said how she could go missing just like that. I mean there is people every where. Here is two pictures that I just now took which is a view out side of the resort we are staying in. It is facing the direction in the way she'd be walking and also the direction that bar harbor and the blue water are at. It's just right along the beach just like you can see in the pictures the hotels going along the side. You can also see how there is no wooded area or anything and how it is all restaurants and stuff. It will just kinda give you an idea.

m_a9e7443a1d7f49f3937430e18bdbbbf8.jpg

Chasing you off the second page, Britt.

By my vehicle's odometer it is 1.2 miles (on the Boulevard - from entrance to entrance) from BH to BWR.

20-year-old woman reports men tried to kidnap her in Myrtle Beach
Thursday, Jul. 22, 2010
Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

Myrtle Beach police are seeking information about two men in a van who tried to kidnap a Tennessee woman along Ocean Boulevard, Capt. David Knipes said.

The 20-year-old woman told police she was walking near 22nd Avenue South and Ocean Boulevard at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday when a van drove up behind her and two men got out and grabbed her, police said.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/2...orts-men.html?ixzz0uRFiTgXz?storylink=addthis

Thursday, Jul. 22, 2010

Myrtle Beach police are seeking information about two men in a van who tried to kidnap a Tennessee woman along Ocean Boulevard, Capt. David Knipes said.

The 20-year-old woman told police she was walking near 22nd Avenue South and Ocean Boulevard at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday when a van drove up behind her and two men got out and grabbed her, police said.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/2...orts-men.html?ixzz0uRFiTgXz?storylink=addthis

wow- judging from the sketch she gave a pretty good description of at least one of them...hopefully more descriptions to come and they can nail down the suspects...scary stuff going on at a place close to my heart where I'd always felt my kids were pretty safe...oh, well...i guess there's nowhere safe these days...

Thursday, Jul. 22, 2010

Hard to believe someone else did not see this if it happened at 4:30 p.m. in the afternoon. Thank goodness she got away. Makes you wonder if the exact same situation could be how BD was taken.

That's not far from BWR... Just another block further south. If memory serves me correctly BWR is almost adjacent from 21st Ave South

Here is a copy of the MB Police call:

"10-071831 7/21/2010 05:17PM S 22ND AV & S OCEAN BL ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING NIP 20 YOA FEMALE WAS WALKING TO PREMISE FROM
MINIMART ABOUT 45 MINUTES AGO AND 3 BM'S IN A LATE 1980'S EARLY 90'S RUSTY
AND PALE BLUE MINIVAN CREPT UP BEHIND HER. 2 BM'S 1 WEARING WHITE SHIRT
AND SHORTS, OTHER UNK DESC, GOT OUT AND GRABBED HER BY THE WAIST
TRYING TO PULL HER IN THE VAN. SHE ELBOWED ONE IN THE FACE AND HE
STARTED BLEEDING THEY GOT BACK IN VAN AND HEADED SB ON OCEAN BLVD.
CALLER WAS BY HERSELF SAID ONLY A FEW OTHER PEOPLE AROUND AT TIME NO
ONE HELPED HER, MEET COMPL IN LOBBY OF PREMISE"

I hope it is not against TOS to post this information from the MB Police calls. Please anyone tell me if it is and I'll delete. Of note is that this girl says "a few other people were around but no one helped her". Wonder if anyone saw it. I imagine it all would happen so fast no one would have time to react.

Wow. I'm shocked. I really hope this generates some answers.

I can't believe there were a few people around...and they didn't help!!! =( You're right, Strawberry...it could have all just happened so fast.

I'd like to know whether they tried to help her after they realized what was happening....I find it odd she would say that they didn't help...unless she felt like they could have helped but didn't.

LE could have also asked her if anyone else was around and whether they tried to intervene (since she got away, they may have assumed she had help as she was seriously outnumbered).

ETA: Thank GOD the victim got away...and that she got some good information. Hoping that her ordeal leads to some answers for Brittanee's family and friends....and well, everyone. Crossing my fingers.

Hey WillenFan21, you better be safe down there and stay joined at the hip with your family. This is serious scary. I know it happens everywhere, but sounds like if this is all true as reported by this 20-year-old female, these guys meant to get someone for sure.

i know they said she couldn't get the license plate number but i wonder if that means it was from SC...they didn't say she could or couldn't identify the state...

it's so hards nowadays with all the vanity plates which are no longer necessarily in the states' colors- i really feel this is a bad thing as it is now even harder for someone to identify license plates- i would really hate it if i was LE...this must really make things harder for them as sometimes a quick glance is all you can get and having to now identify a state and a number must lead to more confusion and misinformation...

:loser::truce:
Hey WillenFan21, you better be safe down there and stay joined at the hip with your family. This is serious scary. I know it happens everywhere, but sounds like if this is all true as reported by this 20-year-old female, these guys meant to get someone for sure.

yes WellenFan! please don't go anywhere by yourself or allow loved ones to either...do people there seem to be safety conscious these days?- haven't been in almost 2 years and it was pretty lax then and in the preceding years that I'd been there...don't let your guard down...

ETA: sorry for typo on your tag- WillenFan21... :blush:

I hope the composite matches the description of one of the suspects in Brittanee's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998