Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't that be great? then they could bring him in and really put the pressure on!

If you look at that map on google and sort of "walk around" you can see how someone could get away pretty easy after they grabbed someone. There appears to be a rather large parking lot across from the area also. They could have sat there in that parking lot just waiting for their chance to grab some unsuspecting female who was alone. Could that "rusty pale blue van" be the vehicle that took Brittanee away? Oh please I hope they find that van and the three men...hummmm, 3 men, 3 POI...could it be?

wow- judging from the sketch she gave a pretty good description of at least one of them...hopefully more descriptions to come and they can nail down the suspects...scary stuff going on at a place close to my heart where I'd always felt my kids were pretty safe...oh, well...i guess there's nowhere safe these days...

I had posted this way back a few months ago on this thread but this still reminds me of back in 1968 me and my best friend were walking about 10 blocks on OB from "Harts Villa" (probably no longer there now) to the Gay Dolphin in the hot August sun. We were around 14-15 I think. Anway a guy pulled up to the curb and asked us if we knew where some particular street was. I noticed him squirming in his seat and told my friend to run, but she did not realize he was exposing himself. We ran all the way back to the motel but for the life of me I cannot recall if her dad reported to police or not. I know this is OT but just wanted to say even back in the 60's things happened. We walked that long walk so many times back then, and even went to the amusement park by ourselves. Of course it is way too scary nowaways to allow girls to do this. I have said even after all these years I feel I could identify that ugly car that guy was in, not the guy, but his car. LOL

I had posted this way back a few months ago on this thread but this still reminds me of back in 1968 me and my best friend were walking about 10 blocks on OB from "Harts Villa" (probably no longer there now) to the Gay Dolphin in the hot August sun. We were around 14-15 I think. Anway a guy pulled up to the curb and asked us if we knew where some particular street was. I noticed him squirming in his seat and told my friend to run, but she did not realize he was exposing himself. We ran all the way back to the motel but for the life of me I cannot recall if her dad reported to police or not. I know this is OT but just wanted to say even back in the 60's things happened. We walked that long walk so many times back then, and even went to the amusement park by ourselves. Of course it is way too scary nowaways to allow girls to do this. I have said even after all these years I feel I could identify that ugly car that guy was in, not the guy, but his car. LOL

BBM

Sorry, but I gotta ask what that is. :waitasec:

Dont worry about me guys. I dont go anywehre alone because I get mistaken for 13-14 years old all the time and I am 25 going to be 26. I'm afraid a pedophile would take me or something. However my sister and her boyfriend just went somewhere not sure where but she is with him so he'd kick their *advertiser censored* if they tried anything. But yeah I have been paranoid the whole trip because i get mistaken for a kid. Earlier we were out by the pool and I wanted to walk back to the room to install something onto my new laptop and was on the phone with my friend at the time. I told her that if something happened to be while I was walking back there alone like if I screamed out or something to call my sister's cell phone since I had my moms. lol

I hope the composite matches the description of one of the suspects in Brittanee's case.

I posted the link and then had to leave my computer. I was just catching up thinking exactly this same thing, yet I hadn't posted it because I was sure one of you fabulous people would have thought of it already. It's exactly what I was thinking. Surely, LE knows if the description of these men matches any (or all) of their POIs. Also, hopefully they know if their persons of interest own/have access to a blue van such as this (meaning, I hope they watch their 3-4 guys very closely).

It seems so foolish that guys who must know they're under suspicion would act again. They must know due to the interviews and lie detector tests. Although, anyone who would commit a crime such as this in the first place is very obviously foolish in the first place.

That is a gigantic multilevel souvenir shop that is actually still there. I sometimes think the "stuff there" is probably some of the same 'stuff" that was there in 1968. It is right on the boulevard in the area of the old Pavilion.

http://www.gaydolphin.com/

LOL about that, Strawberry Fields- there are a lot of dusty old things in there that probably are from 1968!!! :dance:

this was on www.carolinalive.com

Myrtle Beach Police investigate attempted abduction

Myrtle Beach Police say a 20-year-old woman from Kingsport, Tennessee was almost abducted.

It happened about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in front of the Blue Water Resort. That's the last place Brittanee Drexel of New York was last seen more than a year ago.

Police say the woman is working with the State Law Enforcement Division to create composite sketches of the suspects.

She told police three black men pulled up in a work van. The van is described as light blue, with a sliding side door and a lot of rust. It could be a late 80's model.

Police say the location of the attempted abduction piques their interest. They say both cases are very high profile.

Here's to hoping she popped him good enough to get some of his blood on her and they can test it. Fingers crossed!

Here's to hoping she popped him good enough to get some of his blood on her and they can test it. Fingers crossed!

I was wondering about that. If she scratched one of them then she'd have some DNA under her fingernails. If they can get that then the guys who tried this are :censored: big time!!! :thumb:

She told police three black men pulled up in a work van Interesting since there are 3 or 4 persons of interest. Also didn't someone say as a theory earlier it could have been someone who works on Ocean Blvd or at one of the hotels.

this was on www.carolinalive.com

Myrtle Beach Police investigate attempted abduction

Myrtle Beach Police say a 20-year-old woman from Kingsport, Tennessee was almost abducted.

It happened about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in front of the Blue Water Resort. That's the last place Brittanee Drexel of New York was last seen more than a year ago.

Police say the woman is working with the State Law Enforcement Division to create composite sketches of the suspects.

She told police three black men pulled up in a work van. The van is described as light blue, with a sliding side door and a lot of rust. It could be a late 80's model.

Police say the location of the attempted abduction piques their interest. They say both cases are very high profile.

Both Monica and Keri have said that this could be Brittanee's break. It's encouraging that, even with the extra info they (must) have, they still believe this could be big.

Sure do hope this can bring some answers on what happened and who did take BD. Part of me is skeptical about this particular incident but I do not want to be. It is just we have had so many ups and downs since April of 2009. Seems to me the police got that sketch of one of the men out awful fast. Maybe if these people do work in or around the beach area, someone can remember a van of that description being parked in the area where they work. I have looked at the google map now many times and that area does look like a spot someone could pull something off like this without too much attention. I think it has been discussed here a few times how it would have taken more than one individual to do the kidnapping scenario, in which she definitely would not have gone willingly and did not already know these people. But I keep thinking about the statement by LE that they do not think BD "knew the POI directly" or something like that.

Something else could come out of all of this. Wouldn't it be good if this uncovered a big ring that leads to arrests of way more than just 3 men. Maybe they could put a dent in some sort of trafficking ring. Maybe this is just my wishful thinking (imagination) running away with me though.

Wow! I don't know what to say! I've been away from home and checked in this am to this news. I hope this leads to solving Britt's case. I'm glad the young woman got away from these hoodlums. I too hope she has DNA evidence from the perp.

Who was the sleuth here who drove around in the Santee area awhile back and reported seeing a couple of vans in the area? I'll go back and look. From what we know now, Britt was abducted in MB and taken to GT county so IMO it is highly possible these ' work in MB and live in GT. OR maybe they live in GT and just troll OB on a regular basis, who knows?

HOpe this is the break LE needs in cracking Britt's case. Prayers for Britt and her family.

wm

ok I checked and it was krista who drove around the area back in June. One of the vans she saw was beige and the other dark green. The posts were on pgs 7 & 8 of this thread.

Hello all,
been working last few days so im catching up on latest news, i kinda figured MB would come back with a reply after that news story broke out yesterday on atempt kidnapping ,and with news stations adding like of BD so sure enuff mb has posted a story to it>>>>>

Myrtle Beach police not ready to connect attempted kidnapping to Brittanee Drexel case

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/23/1600296/myrtle-beach-police-not-ready.html#ixzz0uWsQRTfB

Now another newspaper (carolinelive) stated the story diff,,remember (SunNews is MB home newspaper) but this what caroline live just posted 3 min ago

Attempted abduction similar to Drexel case

Read more: Local, Crime, Myrtle Beach, Investigators, Attempted Abduction, Related to another High Profile Case

Myrtle Beach investigators are trying to figure out if Wednesday's attempted abduction is related to another high-profile case.

Police say the attached composite sketch is one of three men who tried to abduct a 20-year-old Kingsport, Tennessee woman in front of the Blue Water Resort.

That's the place Brittanee Drexel of New York was last seen more than a year ago.

The woman told police three black men pulled up in a van is described as light blue, with a sliding side door and a lot of rust. It could be a late 80's model.

The woman escaped unharmed. But police say the location of the attempted abduction piques their interest.

The same group of investigators are looking into both this and the Drexel case.

Brittanee Drexel vanished after she left the Blue Water Resort in April 2009.

Investigators tracked her cell phone to somewhere near McClellanville.

They say they have three persons of interest living near Georgetown, but won't release any more information than that.

Police are still asking for tips in the Drexel case. If you know anything, you can remain anonymous and call the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office at (843) 436-6058.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?list=195106&id=486863

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member