ME ME - Cathy Moulton, 16, Portland, 24 Sept 1971

The dental records are available. What is your information?

Deputy Police Chief Kevin Cady (ret.)

Cathy's NamUs profile states that dentals are not available. This is clearly an error and is the default when the missing persons dental information is not checked off by whomever entered Cathy's profile.

hth

Kennebec Journal, Feb. 5 2012

Still missing: Parents never give up when children disappear

"In the early days after her daughter's disappearance, Moulton developed a ritual.

"Our house had a sun parlor on the front, and every day I used to go out in the parlor and look up and down the street expecting her to show up," Moulton recalled. "I just couldn't believe she wouldn't be coming home."

The ritual persisted for decades, she said.

"I kept doing it right up until a year ago when we moved. But I had not-as-high hopes in recent years," she said.

Moulton and her husband still live in Portland. They are in their 80s.

"At this point, we're concerned whether we'll ever know what happened to her before we die," she said."

Kennebec Journal, Feb. 5 2012

Still missing: Parents never give up when children disappear

"In the early days after her daughter's disappearance, Moulton developed a ritual.

"Our house had a sun parlor on the front, and every day I used to go out in the parlor and look up and down the street expecting her to show up," Moulton recalled. "I just couldn't believe she wouldn't be coming home."

The ritual persisted for decades, she said.

"I kept doing it right up until a year ago when we moved. But I had not-as-high hopes in recent years," she said.

Moulton and her husband still live in Portland. They are in their 80s.

"At this point, we're concerned whether we'll ever know what happened to her before we die," she said."

I admire their persistence. This breaks my heart, I really do hope this year brings closure for them.

I contacted The Linn County sheriff's office in regards to the Woman name "Katie Walker" was found confused and unable to recall her past. She was found in Albany, OR.
Cathy Marie Moulton Was born 1955, Has Blue Eyes, Scars on her Feet, Was possibly seen in Fort Kent Maine, and her Height was 5'2".

Now, The woman found in Albany is estimated to between 50-70 years old (Cathy would be 57 right now) The UID is said to have scars on her feet from bunion removal (Cathy has scars from wart removal on her feet) Both Have Blue Eyes, and both are 5'2". The UID was said to possibly have ties to Fort Kent, Maine...(possible sightings of Cathy in Arroostic County Maine, which Fort kent Happens to be in) so there are at least 5 strong similarities between the two women. And to me Cathy and "Katie" could be a nickname/type of thing.

I was told the info I provided would be written up and submitted to the detectives.

I hope this is truly what it looks like, her family needs to bring her home if thats the case

I am interested in this as well!
If she were to leave of her own accord (that sighting of her picking potatoes) who would she have gone with?

Can't believe she's been gone for 41 years!

This case jus breaks my heart. I feel so much for the parents. God bless you! I only wish the hunter could have led LE back to that spot. I have a feeling that this may have brought closure to the family. The hunter must have correctly described clothing found at the seen for LE to say they think the remains were Cathy's, there is a reason they said that... I think it is worth a further search of those woods...

Bumping for Cathy. My heart breaks for the Mouton family.

Giving this thread a bump. Thinking of Cathy and her parents tonight. Hope she is found someday soon.

Thinking of Cathy-never giving up hope for resolution in this case.

Going on 45 years since Cathy has been missing. Hopefully the newly formed cold case unit will head back up to Smyrna to try to locate those remains.

I sent in an inquiry about a rule out/potential match for Cathy, NamUs UP 11273
I know it's a long shot, but there doesn't appear to be any DNA or Dental information for the UID, so the case doesn't have any rule outs, and the location where the remains were found were about 2 hours away from where she vanished.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/search

I sent in an inquiry about a rule out/potential match for Cathy, NamUs UP 11273
I know it's a long shot, but there doesn't appear to be any DNA or Dental information for the UID, so the case doesn't have any rule outs, and the location where the remains were found were about 2 hours away from where she vanished.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/search

I just got a reply that Cathy was ruled out as this UP.

First I want to say that I know nothing about this case, but I know Tobique and I have met Reid Perley/know a bit about him. He is probably the most dangerous person to ever live on that reservation. I know he has been in prison for rape at least twice and I think he is back there again for another. One of the rapes he beat the woman's head against the curb until she lost consciousness and she almost died. On another site someone said he's in prison for murder, I don't think that's true, but in that case I mentioned, he was probably convicted of attempted murder. I apologize that what I have is second hand rumors, but when I first met him a woman took me aside and warned me to stay as far from him as possible, and never be alone with him, and told me about the rape/beating as the reason why.

I would not be surprised if he murdered Cathy and buried her in the basement of the family home. This is a really old house and back in those days they didn't have normal basements, they had more like root cellars. It's a dirt floor. The best hope of finding her is if they condemn the house (it's not in very good condition) and rebuild on the land and discover her while installing a basement for the new house. I hope this happens.

Some might find this ridiculous, but we do tend to be superstitious on the reserve... There is an area on Tobique where houses are being built now and in the past several decades. But back in the 70s it was woods with a road going back through to the garbage dump. A woman who lives in one of those houses said that one night she was up after her children were in bed looking out the picture window watching a lightning storm. At one point she could see a reflection of a woman behind her in the kitchen and was startled. She turned and the woman was still there but eventually dissipated/disappeared. Later she found out about Cathy Moulton's story and saw a picture of her, she is certain that is the woman she saw in her kitchen. If you believe in the paranormal, then I suppose it's possible that she is buried somewhere in that area or her body was left at the dump, and she is haunting houses there wanting to be found.

Sooverit,
Welcome to Websleuths!
That's a very intriguing angle.
I can see how some of this might tie into Cathy's disappearance, but I'm not sure I'm following the connection to a possible suspect. Of course, my understanding doesn't matter if there is proof that he may be involved, but if there is something, then it really should go to law enforcement, just sayin'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back