CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just meant the car type...seems like an older/more unusual car and color compared with your normal 4 door sedan.

Ok. Thanks. That's what I thought you meant but wanted to make sure. I agree. That type of car and color should stand out if others are looking for it. Thankfully they aren't looking for a black SUV - there are a million of those on the roads :what:

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
WPD PIO available @ 11:30 briefing in front of WPD. Briefing about today’s efforts, Witt Elem lockout & out of state tips. #JessicaRidgeway

Kyle Dyer ‏@KyleDyer9News
@WestminsterPD to have update on #jessicaridgeway search @11:30. #9news will carry live on CH. 20!

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
WPD PIO available @ 11:30 briefing in front of WPD. Briefing about today’s efforts, Witt Elem lockout & out of state tips. #JessicaRidgeway

What is this lockout thing? Is it connected to the case, and if not, why is LE discussing it during a media briefing?

Why would the abductor drive all the way to Maine to enter Canada...?

I wondered the same thing. If someone wants to get out of the country quickly, they're not going to drive all the way across the country to enter Canada. If this is the perp, he probably just wants to get as far away possible from the crime scene. Maybe he doesn't realize what a small world it really is.

Ok. Thanks. That's what I thought you meant but wanted to make sure. I agree. That type of car and color should stand out if others are looking for it. Thankfully they aren't looking for a black SUV - there are a million of those on the roads :what:

...Or a white truck :/

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
.@WestminsterPD will brief media about today's efforts, school lockout, and out of state tips at 11:30 outside WPD. #jessicaridgeway
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite

this is in 20 min or so

Eileen, there is a case map in post one of the thread... please note I have to update her house address... that one is just general location but the rest of it is up to date

Thank you thank you! Much appreciated!

This might land in a weird spot as I am still catching up from last night and this morning. Her Mom mentioned she has a sleeping bag on the top bunk, but also mentioned LE stripped her sheets off her bed for scent for the dogs. Would she have sheets if she uses a sleeping bag? My son has the top bunk and uses a sleeping bag (too hard to make the bed otherwise). He doesn't have sheets other than the fitted one over the mattress. Is that what LE took? Or did they actually take the sleeping bag? Seems they should have taken the sleeping bag.

I woke up think about Jessica and the sleeping bag was part of it! I was waiting to post my thoughts til I could get to my PC to better transcribe exactly what was said on the video, but I was thinking the same. Mom said great aunt and grandma got the sheets for LE as mom couldn't bring herself to enter the room for a couple days. Her mentioning the sleeping bag made me think the same. Did she sleep inside the sleeping bag? If so, did she use a sheet inside it? Did she unzip the sleeping bag and spread it out over the bed? If so, did she have a sheet over it? If there was only a sheet under the sleeping bag, would there have been much of her scent on it? I was wondering if her sleeping arrangements mentioned in the interview were news to LE? If the only sheet was under a spread out sleeping bag, would that impact scent for dogs, trigger & sarx?

I wondered the same thing. If someone wants to get out of the country quickly, they're not going to drive all the way across the country to enter Canada. If this is the perp, he probably just wants to get as far away possible from the crime scene. Maybe he doesn't realize what a small world it really is.

I think people are bringing up the possibility that he's going to Canada, because they need a reason for why he would be in Maine. I suppose it's possible he wants to get very far away, but I feel like just driving to another state or another metro area would make someone feel pretty far away. I don't know why he would have to drive that far. The case is on national news, and I would assume that there quite a few areas between Colorado and Maine that aren't covering the case on their local news.

Does someone have a link where we can watch the news conference?

What is this lockout thing? Is it connected to the case, and if not, why is LE discussing it during a media briefing?

Might be this:
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=260778

Three schools were placed on lockout due to a suspicious device found at a nearby store. The suspicious device - later found out to be fake dynamite sticks - was placed in the donation box outside of ARC Thrift Store in the 9100 block of North Washington Street in Thornton.

From Maine or Canada originally?

Far from the publicity, hoping to cross before LE caught up with them?

I hope they're watching the Halifax airport.

But the case is getting national coverage. And I'm sure there are plenty of metro areas closer to Colorado where the local news isn't covering this case. It doesn't make sense to me that say, Michigan, would be too much publicity, but Maine wouldn't.

Kyle Dyer ‏@KyleDyer9News
WestminsterPD: possible sightings of #jessicaridgeway in many states. Not just Maine. Relying on police in specific states to follow tips
Expand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member