Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a link, but have seen several times that she was still alive when paramedics first arrived.

I'm not sure the brother had anything to do with it either...

IMO If she were still alive when medics arrived there would be evidence they had been working on her left behind around and on her body. I see no evidence of that. If she was actually breathing or had a pulse when they arrived she would likely have been trasported to a trauma center.

You can't effectively do CPR on a victim if the victims hands are bound behind their back.

IMO She wasn't "in distress" when medics arrived she was dead, VERY dead.

BBM I too think she was long dead before 911 was called and I agree about the rigor. BUT If she were indeed hanging all that time her legs wouldn't pull up like that due to gravity. Had she been laying on the ground and not hung her legs would have contracted like that.

She had talked to her sister 6 hours before she was found.

So 6 hours is about the longest she could have been dead.

I figured that she wasn't dead very long, because her legs were bent.
I figured they wouldn't have been bent while hanging.
I figured they bent when she was moved by the EMTs.
I also figured that this was why the cops didn't just pronounce her DOA, because she wasn't obviously beyond reviving.

If you have a body that is already stiff, already in rigor, you aren't going to try to do CPR on it. You are going to pronounce them.

The EMTs and Firefighters tried to revive her and were not successful. That tells me she hadn't been dead long enough to be "cold" or "stiff." Doing CPR could account for the report that says her hands were no longer tied together. I don't think she was breathing, or they would have continued CPR and transported her.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...s-death-reported-san-diego.html#ixzz1Sfqxze1w

Lets hope the ME took clippings from her fingernails-DNA and also I believe she would not go down without a fight,I would be looking for someone with fresh scratches on hands,face etc-I believe this has to do with the little boys death.

IMO If she were still alive when medics arrived there would be evidence they had been working on her left behind around and on her body. I see no evidence of that. If she was actually breathing or had a pulse when they arrived she would likely have been trasported to a trauma center.

You can't effectively do CPR on a victim if the victims hands are bound behind their back.

IMO She wasn't "in distress" when medics arrived she was dead, VERY dead.

I get that, I'm just saying what several reports have been.

I didn't realize he had one also. I see GB with a name change (and probably changed to private).

Originally G had two. This current name and another one with Jonah's last name. That's the one that appears to be gone.

Sgt Roy Frank on Vinnie refused to answer the question if there was a party.
He just said something they were looking into.......
After all this time they still don't know ??? I call BS

IMO

Sgt Roy Frank on Vinnie refused to answer the question if there was a party.
He just said something they were looking into.......
After all this time they still don't know ??? I call BS

IMO

i really don't think they don't actually know. i just don't think they want to comment on things at this juncture that could effect the ongoing investigation.

why do you think so? not being snarky just curious, i can't see how it would be cold or strange really

Well, I think that was after Rebecca was found. I think it's strange he has never publicly said anything about her death even if through a PR agency and strange they are talking about the house they spent a lot of time in, his kids spent a lot of time in, as just a property he owned. This is a statement made by his company, not the press.

Odd on HLN the brother hasn't even been mentioned....hmmmmmmmmm Talk about bias. imo

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110714-715941.html

2nd UPDATE: Girlfriend Of Medicis CEO Found Dead At His Home

In a statement, a Medicis spokeswoman expressed sadness at the "tragic incident at a California property owned by Jonah Shacknai." She requested that the family's privacy be respected and declined further comment on the news or the 54-year-old Shacknai.

Maybe more of a statement was made, but there is no acknowledgment of the person, Rebecca, her relationship to Jonah, and it is referred to as a 'tragic incident'. I know they are probably trying to keep their stock prices from falling, but I think this is horrible. It's like they think if they don't say anything, others will think it's some guest who was staying in the house and it was a random accident or killer. Maybe my bias.

Whew. Finally got caught up.

I've been in San Diego for 25+ years and (like someone else here said) Coronado is where I'm going to live when I hit the lottery. I ♥♥♥ it there!!!

Rich people will do lots of things to cover their reputations...including shielding their families from all the fall-out of accidents and less-than-stellar relations (i.e. the brother).

I get the impression that the brother is the equivalent of Billy Carter to Jimmy Carter - not someone he was especially proud to call a relation.

I think Max was an accident - maybe involving another sibling. I think Rebecca was a sloppy murder. Too many things are flat-out wrong with the scene.

All my own thoughts.....

The home at 1043 Ocean Boulevard is actually 3 stories.

1043 Ocean Boulevard. This edifice, entirely of reinforced concrete, and completed in 1908, covered a ground space of only 30 x 60 feet, with construction again by the Los Angeles firm of Noyes & Boggs.

In a departure from the more opulent Spreckels bayside mansion, Albright planned this two-story rectangular structure in the more humble Italian Renaissance Revival style, with a smooth stucco facade and a flat roof. Two adjoining wings with roof lines accentuated by an inset balustrade, as well as chimneys at both ends, added to the symmetrical appearance. A prominent roof-top pergola provided a third floor as well as the perfect setting to savor views of the Pacific Ocean.

Source: http://www.sandiegohistory.org/journal/97spring/albright.htm

The fourteen rooms of the 'beach house' included a reception room, living and dining rooms, and kitchen and pantry all on the first floor. As in the Spreckels mansion, the second floor contained six bedrooms, but with only three shared bathrooms.

Mel

Sorry if any of this has already been posted, but 30 pages? Still haven't caught up.

I like the owling theory. Especially now that the last Potter movie has come out.

I wonder if the step-sister (G?) had something to do with Max's (to me accidental ) death and that's why she was rushed out of town. Perhaps they were owling, pretending to be Hedwig, and Max fell.

If Dina was there and what did she see and what does she know. I wonder what Dina thought of Max's step-sisters.

If all we have is the brother's word that he cut Rebecca down, then how do we know he isn't lying?

Weird scenario/thought. Maybe the brother was jealous of what Jonah had (money, Rebecca, etc.,), gave her a date rape drug (which would make her compliant), had sex with her and then killed her (if she was drugged, she wouldn't struggle). Esau and Jacob all over again.

Whew. Finally got caught up.

I've been in San Diego for 25+ years and (like someone else here said) Coronado is where I'm going to live when I hit the lottery. I ♥♥♥ it there!!!

Rich people will do lots of things to cover their reputations...including shielding their families from all the fall-out of accidents and less-than-stellar relations (i.e. the brother).

I get the impression that the brother is the equivalent of Billy Carter to Jimmy Carter - not someone he was especially proud to call a relation.

I think Max was an accident - maybe involving another sibling. I think Rebecca was a sloppy murder. Too many things are flat-out wrong with the scene.

All my own thoughts.....

Not to get too OT, but I agree. I love Coronado! I have a retired friend there, who has the most beautiful quaint house (with a boat) and a guest house that she rents out. Her home is done in a seaside theme with red/white/blue (the miltary custom there). It's right out of the pages of Home & Garden! As like most homes are in Coronado!

I don't even dare cross the bridge unless I'm dressed to the nines ;)

Carry on....

Mel

Well, I think that was after Rebecca was found. I think it's strange he has never publicly said anything about her death even if through a PR agency and strange they are talking about the house they spent a lot of time in, his kids spent a lot of time in, as just a property he owned. This is a statement made by his company, not the press.

I can't personally say I think it strange at all. If Max was under Rebecca's watch, and his son died during that watch, I understand that he might not be anxious to sing her praises at this point, or even acknowledge her.

I have to keep in mind that he has an ex-wife to watch out for. If he so much as mentions Rebecca, she might just go postal (I know I would). Especially knowing Rebecca was in charge (or was supposed to be) when Max died. JS might not be making a statement for the sake of his ex wife, the mother of Maxie.

Just my opinion!

Mel

BBM

I'm always baffled when I hear comments about Xanax. I hear kids are taking it for a high or something. I use Xanax, though in a very small dose (1/2 of a 0.25mg) and I don't feel any odd effects from it at all. I have an anxity issue and just half of the 0.25 helps me out. My doctor prescribed that I take 0.25 but if half works then there is no reason to take more. I guess I just don't get the "fun stuff" comment.

You're not taking enough. :crazy: In jest....

I've got it: Colonel Mustard, with the rope on the balcony! Solved!!

I'm a little clueless when it comes to HP.but what is owling?Is that when someone would stand on a banister

Oh Mercy!!! My son even said that he thought Max was planking, but I guess that's really yesterday's fad. With the HP release, it's the new thing amongst teens (I don't know about 6 year olds, but I guess they could pick it up rather quickly).

I just about cried when I saw this picture, and thought of Max. :( With the release of HP

Is it a possibility? Anything is at this point. However, please keep in mind that HP was not released until Midnight on the 15th (we actually saw the 2 AM showing). Max fell on the 11th (before the movie was released). Not that it would make much of a difference, as kids were already doing it.

owling.jpg

Mel

ETA: I think this owling thing is much more dangerous than planking and told my son so. I can see a whole lot of kids getting injured from doing this stunt!!!

Among other things, investigators are interviewing anyone who spoke to Nalepa in the hours and days before her death.

Separately, the Coronado Police Department is investigating the death of 6-year-old Max Shacknai, the son of the owner. The boy fell down the stairs at the mansion on July 11 and was rushed to Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, where he died July 17.
The Coronado police have tentatively labeled the boy's death accidental. Investigators have said they have found no connection between the two deaths.

In the Nalepa investigation, department officials said, "We will go wherever the evidence takes us and will investigate however long it takes to make sure we get the facts right for Rebecca, her family and the public."

"Hopefully, the evidence will tell the story and solve this mystery."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...probing-womans-death-at-coronado-mansion.html

Bolding mine.....Max allegedly FELL down the stairs. No mention of falling off a railing or hanging from a chandelier. Also, this report says police have tentatively labeled it an accident.

Will we ever know the truth? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong