George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can this judge not allow the defense time to get more evidence based on the prosecutions presentation? That's IMO, reversible error.

One thing I found interesting was that Osterman said he was GZ's BF, but GZ barely acknowledged him. If it were me, I would be in tears seeing my best friend on the stand.

He was probably advised by his attorneys to not show any emotion.

JMO

Trayvon Martin had a 3.67 gpa, was accepted into college on a full ride scholarship, and had over 600 hours in community service. He was only 17 and already doing better than zimmerman who was struggling to just get his associates degree. If anyone was the "" with a weapon it was zimmerman.

you forgot the "imo" and you neglected TM's juvenille rap sheet in your summation of his life.

PHD's, MD's, Scientists, Professionals, all kinds of folks who are good students commit crimes with some regularity. this isn't an opinion, its a fact, imo.

IMO the Defense has had more than enough time as the Judge has stated in open court this morning.

Wait.. Did I hear they want to bring in evidence of an affair? Am I listening wrong??

GOOD MORNING SLeuthers!!

Good morning! Imo, all bets are off in this trial. Since they don't have any evidence against George, imo, then they're going to try to throw anything and everything against the wall and hope something sticks.

We'll see what the judge says. If she lets that through, justice's goose is cooked, in my opinion.

Still and all, justice's goose is never truly cooked, because what goes around, comes around...

I missed the testimony of GZ's friend. Was it Osterman? (sp?)

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA

IIRC, the gist of the reason why the prosecution called him was to show more inconsistencies in GZ's story. He relayed what GZ had told him about that night and wrote a book regarding what happened so I think it was more or less to show the jury that GZ told his friend a different version than the other versions he told.

As a viewer, I realize that the inconsistencies may be viewed as equating to not being truthful and since this case elicits very strong for or against opinions so to those who disbelieve GZ, it would be considered untruthful behavior. I haven't made up my mind yet because this trial is not over but IMHO with respect to the different statements, I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast or did my entire day and would probably give five different versions of it. But that is just me.

The prosecution had a witness that testified she wanted GZ to be...I forget what it was called but it was like an unarmed, neighborhood non-cop type thing along the lines of security or something? lol She said GZ declined the position. Doesn't sound like a wanna be cop to me. jmo

Depends on how you look at it. IMO, GZ didn't want that position because he would not be able to carry his weapon and he would be in a marked vehicle with no powers beyond what he had as a general citizen.

GZ has displayed issues that at times sound like they border, IMO, paranoia. IMO, GZ would have felt like a sitting duck in the position that was suggested to him.

Yesterday, I asked if anyone knew if GZ turned off his headlights when he left his car. Anyone?

I'm not sure whether he left his lights on or his key in the ignition or both, but when he got out the truck, the vehicle dinged (ding, ding, ding) like something was left on (lights or key in ignition) and the sound can be heard on the 911 call. It happens when he says he has to get out of his vehicle to see the address on the house and check the name of the street after the 911 guy asks his location.

I knew she would let it in. Oh well, let the jury sort it out, that's what they're getting paid 12 bucks or so day for. I'm just concerned about the reasons the prosecution wants this stuff in, they're in an uphill battle and they're throwing everything at the wall etc. IMO.

you forgot the "imo" and you neglected TM's juvenille rap sheet in your summation of his life.

PHD's, MD's, Scientists, Professionals, all kinds of folks who are good students commit crimes with some regularity. this isn't an opinion, its a fact, imo.

IMO that's very true. Dr. Dirk Greineder, Rabbi Neulander off the top of my head both sit in jail for murder.

Maybe so, but sometimes emotions leak out! :blushing:

The first overt change in his expression, while the jury was present was after he saw "The Hannity" show. He leaned back and forward and grinned, IMO, in satisfaction. IMO, I was surprised and it was, to me, Creepy. IMO, of course.

So, the judge has now ruled: It is all in. 10 minute recess...time to walk the dog.

IMO this information is extremely relevant and the Judge made the correct decision in allowing the evidence to be presented.

This is nuts.. This Prosecution is so over their heads in this case. Not enough evidence so lets just SLANDER GZ, Who is still innocent til proven guilty..

Lets just make everyone hate him...

Incredible...

OMO

:seeya: Good Morning ScarlettScapetta and everyone! I just don't understand why this information is not prejudicial to RZ, but the prosecution couldn't bring in the stalking/slashing tires info about convicted murderer Jodi Arias? Anyone? Do we have a verified lawyer amongst us to help me understand? TIA

IMO this information is extremely relevant and the Judge made the correct decision in allowing the evidence to be presented.

How? That he wanted to be a cop??

So people that become cops just fall into it? They don't plan it? Or study for it? Or desire it?

Silly... Just silly..

OMO

This is nuts.. This Prosecution is so over their heads in this case. Not enough evidence so lets just SLANDER GZ, Who is still innocent til proven guilty..

Lets just make everyone hate him...

Incredible...

OMO

I was disappointed to see that George's best friend's book title included the phrase "the most hated man in America." In my opinion, that is far from the truth. I admire Zimmerman for looking out for his neighbors, following the instructions of the police dispatcher, and I believe he told the truth when asked about what happened.

In my opinion, George was very shaken by what happened, especially the fact that Trayvon died. He didn't know it at the time, imo, and didn't know it until someone told him later, and was then shocked and appalled, imo. He seems like a decent person.

I daresay that many people in America admire him, and George Zimmerman isn't even close to the most hated man in America! :moo:

The State is doing just fine, IMO. What is being presented are court cases pertaining to the relevance of documents the prosecution wants to present.

MOO

if the state is doing just fine, based on the critique of the TH's on TV, this would be the first time. and if the TH's are correct, ( that the state has ruined its case already), nothing it does from now on is gonna matter. you can't UN-RING the bell, as the lawyers learned to say in law school.

once you have created reasonable doubt in your own presentation, it isn't going away because you make a decent argument about peripheral matters, such as the what course the defendant studied a decade ago and trying ro prove the defendant wanted to be a law enforcement officer. OH thats a big win. He wanted to be a cop. Got ya.

imo

:seeya: Good Morning ScarlettScapetta and everyone! I just don't understand why this information is not prejudicial to RZ, but the prosecution couldn't bring in the stalking/slashing tires info about convicted murderer Jodi Arias? Anyone? Do we have a verified lawyer amongst us to help me understand? TIA

I'm not a verified lawyer, but Judge Alex was on HLN and he thought it should not be allowed. Said that it in itself probably wouldn't be reversible error, but in combination with other things that have been allowed, it could be.

JMO

its aLL about the judge, IMO.

she is inclined in a certain direction, which affects her decisions.

its inconsequential. but a big win for the beleaguered SA.

imo.

Or that he knew about the SYG law...that matters how?? He didn't plan this out. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa