Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hell Yeah Chris!!! Oh how I love his voice and his guitar and piano songs. :blowkiss:[

Anyway..BACK to the story.

And isn't DrewP due in court tomorrow for the hearing about the judge? And I look for once the judge is determined then JB will be trying to get the bond hearing.

I hope that whatever happens in court tomorrow, the bond hearing is scheduled for at least a week (two preferably) from now, to give time for the autopsy and positive ID of the remains. IF the remains prove to be Stacy's, a judge may order DP to be held without bond.

Criminal Minds totally ROCKS!!! I never miss it but I also miss Mandy Patinkin very much.
Tonights closer scared me. I hope we don't lose Hotch. :(

O/t I really hope this is either Lisa or Stacy andboth get the justice they both deserve.

(what they deserve is to be at home raising their children (Kitty included of course) and enjoying their lives.

2 "men" are responsible for blowing apart the lives of 6 children.:mad: I M O!

6 kids? DrewP alone has 6. His are varying ages and only 4 (only! I hate saying that) had deceased/disappearing mothers. But even if the kids are older and even if it wasn't their mother.... it still affects them too. It was people they met, people they got to know, people that cared for them, their stepmothers.

Thanks for the link. I looked at the picture gallery and it shows the body bag being carried off the boat into a van. It looks like the bag contains a box or something? It's very linear and not like I would imagine how remains would rest in a bag.
(a bit graphic)
IMO, those were absolutely remains in that bag, I was unfortunate to be able to see through the bag and I clearly saw leg bones. The remains were all skeletial and it was horrible to watch. Personally didn't need to see that. :(
oh, and they rested as they should. Did you notibe the middle of the bag hung down? Thats the hind quarters and back bones just slumped down in there.

~~sorry so graphic~~ nite!!

But if the barrel didn't break until it was close to that area- say it got caught in that log jam for a while, I am thinking that as the remains decomposed around them the implants would drop to the bottom of the barrel.

We really don't know enough now, but wasn't the barrel a mile away from the remains? Think of the torrent of water moving those logs and then one right hit on the barrel to knock the top off. I think maybe water then seeped into the barrel, even rainwater if it was up on the bank. Maybe while the water was still high the top part of the skeleton washed out. When the time and conditions were right the rest of the remains slid out onto the bank and the empty barrel somehow floated downstream till it got caught up and stopped moving. I thought the barrel was found in the river and the remains on the bank?

IMO and just thinkin', that's all ;}

6 kids? DrewP alone has 6. His are varying ages and only 4 (only! I hate saying that). But even if the kids are older and even if it wasn't their mother.... it still affects them too. It was people they met, people they got to know, people that cared for them, their stepmothers.

Hi Mys.
I was writing about
drew & Kittys @ minor boys &
drew and Stacys 2 toddler children.

And I think Lisa has 3 children also.

I don't care about petersons older adult children.

I don't trust at least one of his sons.
But yes, it is possible the others are affected. i hope their concern is towards the minor children tho.

I don't know for sure but I don't think they all met up like a famy gathering type steeing. Just m~o~o

I am just trying to reconcile the idea of this maybe being Stacy.
If indeed she was dumped in the Desplaines river in the blue barrel 18 months ago, why did it take so long for it to be discovered after such an extensive search in the Lockport area way back when she was reported missing.
If it is her, the barrel had to be weighted down because from Lockport on down the river to where this discovery was made is heavily traveled by freighters and barges down thru Joliet to where they are now.
Waters churned up and flowing.
The river is not real wide thru that area and there alot of recreational boaters traveling thru as well.
I really hope that an ID can be made soon. I am going away this weekend and will not have communication and this will be on my mind nonstop.
I am praying for the families of Stacy and Lisa and hope this holds an answer for them.

I saw the video of the barrel and it looked to me like it had been bashed and broken. If the remains were indeed found on the shore separate from the barrel and not contained, the implants that would be Stacy's, if it is her body, might be long gone. But like I said, my friend passed that area about 5 hours after the find said that alot of activity and flood lights were all up and down the banks processing the scene.

I saw the video showing the two officers carrying the body bag containing the remains, and you can tell by the way they're carrying it - with no effort on their part - that the remains aren't heavy, and more likely just bones.

In some respects, this points more to the remains being either Stacy or Lisa. It's been almost two years since Lisa disappeared, and a year and a half since Stacy disappeared. We wouldn't expect there to be much left.

But, with only a portion of the body/bones intact, I would expect the search by LE to take at least several days, if not more. I would think they'll put divers in the water in an effort to find more of the remains.

This article has a better idea of the timeline as far as the blue barrel. A downstream resident saw a blue barrel on Sun. Which means that if there were remains in the barrel, they would have been fully decomposed inside there. As the remains decomposed, they would have released gases. Did DrewP put a hole in the barrel to allow the gases to escape or did he count on the barrel being able to float freely to somewhere else?

The bar owner mentioned a logjam.

I am just trying to reconcile the idea of this maybe being Stacy.
If indeed she was dumped in the Desplaines river in the blue barrel 18 months ago, why did it take so long for it to be discovered after such an extensive search in the Lockport area way back when she was reported missing.
If it is her, the barrel had to be weighted down because from Lockport on down the river to where this discovery was made is heavily traveled by freighters and barges down thru Joliet to where they are now.
Waters churned up and flowing.
The river is not real wide thru that area and there alot of recreational boaters traveling thru as well.
I really hope that an ID can be made soon. I am going away this weekend and will not have communication and this will be on my mind nonstop.
I am praying for the families of Stacy and Lisa and hope this holds an answer for them.

Hopefully it won't take long. I think that LE found something big. Usually no one will guess about gender on remains this old, yet this time it seems pretty certain that it is female. They are saying it appears to be a small person, but they aren't mentioning a child. That is what makes me think they may have the implant. Something that points toward the person having been an adult.

Hopefully it won't take long. I think that LE found something big. Usually no one will guess about gender on remains this old, yet this time it seems pretty certain that it is female. They are saying it appears to be a small person, but they aren't mentioning a child. That is what makes me think they may have the implant. Something that points toward the person having been an adult.

They said that the remains were wearing panties. I think that is what led them to say that it was a female.

You're telling me!

This find, two arrests in Tori's case and a full docket in court for Caylee tomorrow.

Pass the No Doze, pls.

Don't forget Drew's in court tomorrow too, plus another "very important" news conference with Brodsky afterwards. :rolleyes:

(a bit graphic)
IMO, those were absolutely remains in that bag, I was unfortunate to be able to see through the bag and I clearly saw leg bones. The remains were all skeletial and it was horrible to watch. Personally didn't need to see that. :(
oh, and they rested as they should. Did you notibe the middle of the bag hung down? Thats the hind quarters and back bones just slumped down in there.

~~sorry so graphic~~ nite!!

I saw the still photos of the body bag, and although I couldn't see through the bag, I did think that the shape of the bag appeared to conform with a person - back, rear-end, and legs. as if in a somewhat fetal position. If the body had been in a container, it was likely placed in the container in a fetal position.

Hi Mys.
I was writing about
drew & Kittys @ minor boys &
drew and Stacys 2 toddler children.

And I think Lisa has 3 children also.

I don't care about petersons older adult children.

I don't trust at least one of his sons.
But yes, it is possible the others are affected. i hope their concern is towards the minor children tho.

I don't know for sure but I don't think they all met up like a famy gathering type steeing. Just m~o~o

Yes, but think about this. The older kids grew up and allegedly DrewP abused their mother- and the wives that came after her. Then one of their stepmothers dies, and another goes missing. And their father doesn't seem to ever change- or get into trouble. What are the chances that at least one of the sons will grow up to be an abuser himself? Will grow up to believe that is the way that wives are supposed to be handled- and disciplined and controlled? And how problems are to be handled.

One of the sons is allegedly estranged from his father over Kathleen's death. How much did he see, how much did he know about what was happening. He would have been a teen, a very impressionable age.

Statistics say that children with abusive parents are more likely to become abusers themselves, more likely to marry abusers, and more likely to have mental health/drug/alcohol issues.

So yeah, it affects them.

You still have an hour to go if they just found the farm. Two hour finale tonight! (and an hour's worth was commercials)

O/T PototoHead, but who shot the lead det in the last scene? So Scary. Thanks ;}

They said that the remains were wearing panties. I think that is what led them to say that it was a female.

Because cross dressers now seem to be more open about the cross dressing, LE is usually more reluctant to say the gender if it is based on dress alone.

O/T PototoHead, but who shot the lead det in the last scene? So Scary. Thanks ;}

That is the mystery that we are supposed to carry into the next season. The guy was in a mask.

Also is Derek going to quit? He sounded pretty disillusioned when talking about how they have no life, but it never ends they don't catch all of them.

I was over on the Coleman thread when someone linked a news article that announced the discovery of the human remains. I read it and immediately thought of the breast implants that Stacey had.

I have finally caught up reading this entire thread. Yes, the implants would float. Also, if the saline solution had leaked out, the implant material (plastic?) would also float. They may be long gone down the river, IMO. In the unlikely event the implants or the material they are made of is discovered, there really woulld be the serial number on them that would indicate the manufacturer as well as who these implants were given to. My sister had to have breast reconstruction and has a card she carries in her wallet with that information on it.

I really do hope that this is Stacey. I do not think Stacey left her children and just ran off. (as some had thought) I would love for Lisa to be located, but if this is Stacey it is a very opportune time for her to be found. There is the blue barrell found in the area and hopefully there will be a number or marking on that barrell that will show where it was made and so forth. If the barrell and the body are connected and this is Stacey, then Morphy (sp.) will be shown to have been telling the truth all along.

The cadaver dogs that were called in would be able to locate anything in the area that had been connected with the remains.

So tonight I am hoping that Stacey has been recovered and that her family can find some measure of peace knowing where she is. She could be laid to rest in a dignified burial. Full peace of mind will not come, tho, until her murderer has been sentenced.

I also hope that Lisa Stebic can be located as well. I do hope I do not seem uncaring about Lisa wanting this to be Stacey. That is not what I am conveying. I care very much.

The panties I bet. A woman's size, not a childs. Possibly with a tag having a brand name or just printed on the panties like Victoria Secret does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow