Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was over on the Coleman thread when someone linked a news article that announced the discovery of the human remains. I read it and immediately thought of the breast implants that Stacey had.

I have finally caught up reading this entire thread. Yes, the implants would float. Also, if the saline solution had leaked out, the implant material (plastic?) would also float. They may be long gone down the river, IMO. In the unlikely event the implants or the material they are made of is discovered, there really woulld be the serial number on them that would indicate the manufacturer as well as who these implants were given to. My sister had to have breast reconstruction and has a card she carries in her wallet with that information on it.

I really do hope that this is Stacey. I do not think Stacey left her children and just ran off. (as some had thought) I would love for Lisa to be located, but if this is Stacey it is a very opportune time for her to be found. There is the blue barrell found in the area and hopefully there will be a number or marking on that barrell that will show where it was made and so forth. If the barrell and the body are connected and this is Stacey, then Morphy (sp.) will be shown to have been telling the truth all along.

The cadaver dogs that were called in would be able to locate anything in the area that had been connected with the remains.

So tonight I am hoping that Stacey has been recovered and that her family can find some measure of peace knowing where she is. She could be laid to rest in a dignified burial. Full peace of mind will not come, tho, until her murderer has been sentenced.

I also hope that Lisa Stebic can be located as well. I do hope I do not seem uncaring about Lisa wanting this to be Stacey. That is not what I am conveying. I care very much.

Thanks LaLaw for that post. It made everything almost come full circle for what we know up to this point. xox

Thank you very much, scandi. I cannot wait to hear the identity of the remains.

I was over on the Coleman thread when someone linked a news article that announced the discovery of the human remains. I read it and immediately thought of the breast implants that Stacey had.

I have finally caught up reading this entire thread. Yes, the implants would float. Also, if the saline solution had leaked out, the implant material (plastic?) would also float. They may be long gone down the river, IMO. In the unlikely event the implants or the material they are made of is discovered, there really woulld be the serial number on them that would indicate the manufacturer as well as who these implants were given to. My sister had to have breast reconstruction and has a card she carries in her wallet with that information on it.

I really do hope that this is Stacey. I do not think Stacey left her children and just ran off. (as some had thought) I would love for Lisa to be located, but if this is Stacey it is a very opportune time for her to be found. There is the blue barrell found in the area and hopefully there will be a number or marking on that barrell that will show where it was made and so forth. If the barrell and the body are connected and this is Stacey, then Morphy (sp.) will be shown to have been telling the truth all along.

The cadaver dogs that were called in would be able to locate anything in the area that had been connected with the remains.

So tonight I am hoping that Stacey has been recovered and that her family can find some measure of peace knowing where she is. She could be laid to rest in a dignified burial. Full peace of mind will not come, tho, until her murderer has been sentenced.

I also hope that Lisa Stebic can be located as well. I do hope I do not seem uncaring about Lisa wanting this to be Stacey. That is not what I am conveying. I care very much.

Uhh not to get too personal, but do you have personal experience with the implants floating? I mean uhhh, I was planning to do an experiment tomorrow. But if you already have personal experience I won't bother. Because I thought that they would probably sink.

In case some of you forgot Sandra Bellinger here is her site regarding Stacy.......

http://www.heliumraven.com/
I can't believe this, but thank so much for posting that link here. I had many convo's with Sandra by email during the Scott Peterson case. Her dream was fulfilled I see, as she had told me her plans for study at Mills and what she wanted to do when she was finished with school. I am so glad she is in a good place now, going after her doctorate.

What a gal. Not long after Stacy disappeared she wrote she thought he put her in a blue container or barrel, poured some concrete in the bottom of it and threw the barrel over a bridge into the water where it was deep. His comment, he wouldn't let her bring him down! She also said she thought the blue.barrel/container would be found close to but seperate from the remains.

Simply amazing. I can't read anymore tonight as my eyes are hardly open, but I am almost in a state of shock reading this.

Thank you to Sandra and from what she has said. Whatever she has brought to light, it is not about her at all, but simply helping to find the missing victim and then bring the perp to Justice.

I also have a pretty good feeling this could be Stacy.

Thanks again Tsunami :blowkiss::blowkiss: If it is Stacy you should start a thread about Sandra Bellinger and her thoughts on the case. With Laci, her info given to Investigator Grogan changed the course of the investigation as they moved their search from the Berkeley Marina to the inbound channel of Richmond Harbor in San Francisco Bay. That is where she was seen by side sonar and washed up very close nearby on April 14, 2003 I think. Amazing.

Uhh not to get too personal, but do you have personal experience with the implants floating? I mean uhhh, I was planning to do an experiment tomorrow. But if you already have personal experience I won't bother. Because I thought that they would probably sink.

Hi again, When my Mom was young she dove into a pool and the falsies in her bathing suit popped right up to the top of the water, like to she almost died of embarrassment. :)

I know this is a serious subject and falsies are day and night to implants. Sometimes a bit of humor takes the edge off when we are so involved. Lord knows how I will ever go to sleep tonight! xox

I too think this will be Stacy. I hope they find more of the body, whoever it is though. I would love to be a fly on Drew's wall also. Bet he isn't joking tonight.

I too think this will be Stacy. I hope they find more of the body, whoever it is though. I would love to be a fly on Drew's wall also. Bet he isn't joking tonight.

Hi Carolina Girl, I'm wondering when we will learn something new about this, even a cursory ID. If they can't ID the panties or anything else they found they didn't mention to the media, a DNA test might take what 3 days at the quickest? I just hope we learn something soon, especially as the timing could be crucial and maybe the GJ would reconvene again. I don't know how that works.

O/T PototoHead, but who shot the lead det in the last scene? So Scary. Thanks ;}

O/T

It was Ziva from NCIS. She mistook him for Tony. :crazy:

Ok, serious: Killer was from episode 18 - the Omnivore. I think they called him The Reaper? Foyette?

I've been dozing off and on, but snapped awake when I heard "body found" and "Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic". I really do hope this puts one of those cases to rest... either one could have been stored in a way that greatly slowed decomp, making it possible that that one of them is this partial body find.

O/T

It was Ziva from NCIS. She mistook him for Tony. :crazy:

Ok, serious: Killer was from episode 18 - the Omnivore. I think they called him The Reaper? Foyette?

I appreciate that. Right on with NCIS too, another top fav. I had to come say good night and hope tomoz will bring some news about our startling news tonight.

Oh, and dear PotatoHead, thanks along with Pooka for laughing at my falsie Yoke :) I never know if I go too far and seem insensitive, but Hey I mean well! xox

LOLOLOL!!!!

UM, no, I do not have personal experience! Go ahead with your experiment.

I will just say they are bouyant! OK?

LOLOLOL!!!!

UM, no, I do not have personal experience! Go ahead with your experiment.

I will just say they are bouyant! OK?

Hi LaLaw, I would like to see what Mysteriew learns too, but did a quick Google search and found this:

http://www.scuba-doc.com/womdiv.html#Breast%20Implants

Scroll down to BREAST IMPLANTS. It depends if they are silicone which is heavier than water or saline filled which is neutrally buoyant. xox

I am reading speculation that yes they do keep on keeping on. Like they don't go away. So maybe they float too? I don't really know tho. Wouldn't that be something? Drew gets convicted because of Stacy's implants that he paid for and keeps bragging about? Talk about foot in mouth :clap:

I seriously don't think they'll find them. They must have broken away some time ago and exposed to the elements, there's no telling what happened to them. There were only 30 lbs of remains left. Sounds to me like the Laci & Connor Case. Maybe a torso only, since "panties" were" on the remains?

Karma Baby

Hey Drew - Chew Baby Chew

Hi Carolina Girl, I'm wondering when we will learn something new about this, even a cursory ID. If they can't ID the panties or anything else they found they didn't mention to the media, a DNA test might take what 3 days at the quickest? I just hope we learn something soon, especially as the timing could be crucial and maybe the GJ would reconvene again. I don't know how that works.

Autopsy is 9:30 this morning. DNA doesn't take long.

"I wish I had $10,000 for every time insert ("dem guys") they pulled a body out of a(dat dare) river in the Chicago area," Brodsky said. "People will assume what they want to assume." Chicago Tribune today. (inserts mine)

I just love how this guy talks. I hope you eat your words Pal and get a tentative ID before his bond reduction hearing and Drew will be sticking to 3 squares for awhile. Like some others should, not naming names, just point out that the revolving doors at the WCC are not wide for your mouth and everything else.

Removing the remains late last night and an autopsy this AM. They are moving quick on this. Usually it takes longer.

The Trib is downplaying any possible connections. But they give one little bit of info that is interesting.

Joel found time out of his busy schedule to visit DrewP at the jail last night. But of course when he talked with the media he was "unfazed" by what they call "speculation" over who the remains might be. So I don't know, ya think maybe that late night visit to the jail was to discuss trial strategy?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-body-search-21may21,0,1221131.story

As far as comparing these remains to either Stacey or Lisa, remember, 1/2 the dna testing is already done. They've already developed Stacey's and Lisa's dna, they only need to develope the dna profile for the skeletal remains now and see if they match.

Anyone from that area,.........have you read Sandra Bellinger's prediction on where she thought Stacey was placed in the water? Is it plausible this could be Stacey, washed down from where Sandra said she was put into the water? Wasn't there something about locks or gates or something?

If this turns out to be either one of these poor women, I'm going to be shocked beyond belief. IF Stacey, it would have the same implications as when Laci/Conner were found, the proof of murder appearing at the 11th hour. IF Lisa, same thing, IMO. Then Illinois would be rocking from high-profile wife murder trials. Because IF this turned out to be Lisa, that would be the impetus to finally arrest the main suspect in her disappearance, her husband Craig.

Whoever it turns out to be, a family somewhere is going to finally get an answer on what happened to their loved one. :( As horrible as it is to find out their loved one is dead, it's the NOT knowing that is worse.

JMHO
fran

Sandra said Dresden Locks which is farther west, its doubtful if a container were being dragged west and got to Dresden Locks that it could somehow be moved back upstream to where these remains were found.

Hopefully its Stacy and Sandra was just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member