Made In America Store

Sounds like a great idea.

Just last night, I was shopping for a few things to put in my DD's Easter basket.
She loves little things like notepads, pens, sticky notes...
Just about every little thing like that had stamped on the back "made in China".

I'm sorry y'all, but I DO NOT TRUST things made in China anymore.
Their track record for makeing and selling things that are toxic for our children has me scared of anything from China.

Not to mention, I like to, when at all possible, buy things made in the USA.

:waitasec: I do drive a Toyota, but more Toyotas are made in America than Chevrolets. That's how I reason it to make myself feel better.

I once lived in a fairly small town that had a relatively high Arab population. Well, there's this stereotype about Arabs being the almost exclusive owners of party / liquor stores.

There was one such store in town that had a sign prominently displayed saying "Owned and Operated by an American".

Due to a civil suit, he was forced to remove it. :rolleyes:

I once lived in a fairly small town that had a relatively high Arab population. Well, there's this stereotype about Arabs being the almost exclusive owners of party / liquor stores.

There was one such store in town that had a sign prominently displayed saying "Owned and Operated by an American".

Due to a civil suit, he was forced to remove it. :rolleyes:

God forbid someone from America being proud of it and displaying it.
The fact he had to take that sign down says a lot about our rights being trampled on in the name of not offending anyone else.
This country has gone bonkers.

What's the difference between a sign in a window of a store saying owned and operated by an American and a stamp on a product saying Made in the USA?

I think it's time we start getting some of our rights back.

I would think that sign would fall under freedom of speach. It was his store.

God forbid someone from America being proud of it and displaying it.
The fact he had to take that sign down says a lot about our rights being trampled on in the name of not offending anyone else.
This country has gone bonkers.

What's the difference between a sign in a window of a store saying owned and operated by an American and a stamp on a product saying Made in the USA?

I think it's time we start getting some of our rights back.

I would think that sign would fall under freedom of speach. It was his store.

I completely agree with you, Kimberlyd! I was infuriated that he was forced to remove the sign.

As a matter of fact, he sold the business immediately after being forced to remove the sign "Owned and operated by an American".

It seems that no one has any rights in this country anymore. I guess you can tell from my siggy that I'm Native American. :)

I spent many years resenting what was done to my Cherokee ancestors, but came to terms with it. What I can't come to terms with is that a person can be forced to take down a sign as was the case I mentioned. :banghead:

I completely agree with you, Kimberlyd! I was infuriated that he was forced to remove the sign.

As a matter of fact, he sold the business immediately after being forced to remove the sign "Owned by an American".

It seems that no one has any rights in this country anymore. I guess you can tell from my siggy that I'm Native American. :)

I spent many years resenting what was done to my Cherokee ancestors, but came to terms with it. What I can't come to terms with is that a person can be forced to take down a sign as was the case I mentioned. :banghead:

Let me add that I LOVE your siggy banner!

There was something that was sad to me right after 9/11 though. There were some middle eastern people who owned a convenience store in a few towns over and owned it for awhile. After 9/11, they put a BIG American flag in the window. I always wondered if they were scared.

Everything needs some balance, you know? And I think a store owner has the right to state who they are and what they believe in as long as it is legal. JMOO

Let me add that I LOVE your siggy banner!

There was something that was sad to me right after 9/11 though. There were some middle eastern people who owned a convenience store in a few towns over and owned it for awhile. After 9/11, they put a BIG American flag in the window. I always wondered if they were scared.

Everything needs some balance, you know? And I think a store owner has the right to state who they are and what they believe in as long as it is legal. JMOO

Hi Kimster,

I think you're right. Right after 9/11 many Arabs in the U.S. were trying to distance themselves from that infamous attack on America.

I certainly don't mean to imply that anyone of Arab ancestry was accountable for the 9/11 attack. But it sure does seem that many tried to distance themselves from it.

Fear? I understand fear from my ancestors. Being forced off land you had inhabited for thousands of years before 'white men' showed up certainly caused fear. And when my Native American ancestors attempted to fight back they were portrayed as savages.

What I don't understand is why this country has conceded that certain ethnic groups that never lived in the U.S. until the last 50 years or so can dictate what is acceptable.

Blech. I should just stop here. I don't want to go into a hysterical rant. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back