GUILTY DC - Patricia Martin, 58, stabbed to death, Washington DC, 17 May 2010

PickieChickie

Former Member
Reaction score
Decomposing body found in D.C. apartment after report of man falling from 3rd story window
Friday, May 21, 2010​

The decomposing body of a woman was found in a Southeast Washington apartment Thursday after D.C. police were called to the scene on a report of a man who fell from a third-floor window, authorities said.

There's been an update to the story that explains the background.
It's another murder tragedy.

D.C. man charged in stabbing death of his mother in SE
Saturday, May 22, 2010

A District man was charged in the stabbing death of his mother whose body was found decomposing in their Southeast Washington apartment only after his younger brother was pushed from a third-floor window, police and court papers said Friday.

Authorities charged Christopher Martin, 24, with second-degree murder in connection with the death of Patricia Ann Martin. The family lived in the 4200 block of Fourth Street SE.

Martin pushed his younger brother, who is in his late teens or early 20s and is mentally disabled, out of the family's apartment about 3:45 p.m. Thursday, according to court papers and officials. As the younger brother was being taken to a hospital, he told paramedics, "My mother is dead, and I want to go upstairs and check on her," court documents say.

When paramedics asked how he knew his mother was dead, he said, "She's been dead a long time. My brother did it. My brother hit my eye and hurt my mommy. He locked the door and hurt my mommy."

More at link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...5/21/ST2010052105097.html?sid=ST2010052105097

Was older brother trying to rid himself of a difficult younger brother now that Mom wasn't there any more to look after the younger boy? :waitasec:

That was my thoughts. Perhaps the younger brother was distressed and was becoming difficult and the elder brother thought this was the best out. Very sad.

Horrible!! That poor guy, betrayed twice by his own brother. How heartbreaking.

I wonder about one thing: The mother was last seen "on Monday"...if so, how could she be unidentifiably decomposed by Thursday when they found her body?

Ok, I emotionally lost it at the "mommy" part... the mentally disabled son addressing his mother as "mommy" says to me that he was very attached to his mother. Him being an adult that is developmentally challenged, his mother was probably all that he had in this world. My heart breaks so much for him... inside him is just a little boy and now his world has been ripped away from him... he probably feels very lost, alone and scared. :(

Horrible!! That poor guy, betrayed twice by his own brother. How heartbreaking.

I wonder about one thing: The mother was last seen "on Monday"...if so, how could she be unidentifiably decomposed by Thursday when they found her body?

That makes me think that his stabbing of her was extremely brutal to the point that she became unidentifiable. :(

That makes me think that his stabbing of her was extremely brutal to the point that she became unidentifiable. :(

Sounds as if it was ...

'According to court records, an autopsy has not been completed but a visual inspection of the body found "multiple defects consistent with wounds from a sharp object" on the victim's left cheek, ear, neck, left eye, chin, right rib and left side. Because of the body's decomposition, the number of wounds could not be determined without the autopsy results.

Detectives found several cleaning agents and deodorizers around the body, the court papers say.'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/21/AR2010052104556.html?hpid=sec-metro

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0510/738151.html

According to charging documents, 24-year-old Christopher Martin is charged with second degree murder while armed. The documents show that police believe Martin was armed with a sharp object and stabbed the victim, believed to be his mother, multiple times including in the face and side.

Martin is suspected of killing his mother days ago, and then returning to the apartment Thursday and attacking his younger disabled brother.

A witness, who did not want her identity revealed, says she saw the younger brother hanging out of the second floor window trying to balance his feet on cable wires.

"He looked like he was trying to get away," she said. "He was trying to run from whatever was going on in the apartment."

snipped

Residents say the mother was hardworking and was dedicated to helping her younger son through his mental and physical challenges.

Neighbors say the woman moved in with her mentally challenged son about six months ago.

Police spent Thursday evening searching dumpsters and scouring the second floor apartment for clues, even using K-9s to collect evidence to this heinous, yet mysterious crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back