UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the mom told on the SF and with police pressure, he confessed. This is all very, very sad. No child should be harmed by anyone. Ever. And certainly not a parental figure. Parents are gods to children.

Thanks guys! You answered my question before I asked.

I don't have a tv where my computer is. Is anyone watching the 5pm news?
I watched the fox newscast online.... it was live... I only caught the tail end.. but they did say the mother may have been "running from something"... a bad marriage, etc... but I didn't catch the whole scoop. One neighbor said that he saw Ethan a few times and he was "always in his spider man pajamas" (wtf???)

They also said a presser is on for 5:30 pm to update the case/new information

CBS local news reporter said something being carried out in a bag :(
Also said there will be statement given at 5:30

VB

"We're treating it as a crime scene," said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Phillip Howell.
About 12:30 p.m., Howell said his office received a call from Layton police asking for assistance in their search for the boy.
"They think they have a lead that might provide some evidence involving the investigation," Howell said.
He declined to say what kind of evidence the eight deputies and city police officers were looking for or if they were searching for a body. Howell confirmed the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office had been called "in the event evidence is found that he is needed for."
Several deputies carrying shovels were observed hiking into an area cordoned off by yellow crime-scene tape. Several police vehicles and a mobile command station from the Weber Metro Crime Scene Investigation unit were parked Tuesday off the side of the road about 11 miles up Ogden Canyon near Wolf Creek Resort and Powder Mountain, past Pineview Reservoir.
Story continues below

About 200 yards off the main canyon road, in a heavily wooded area close to a dirt access road owned by Powder Mountain Ski Resort, investigators in yellow rain coats could be seen focusing on a specific area blocked off by yellow police tape.
Through a telephoto lens, detectives could been seen holding plastic evidence bags. Flashes from a camera also went off frequently.
A canopy was set up about 30 yards away from the area where the investigators were working.
A steady rain, cold weather and muddy conditions were making the search extra-challenging. Howell said the detectives would likely be working into the evening and may have to return in the morning to finish.
"I can't say how long we're going to be here," he said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Search-for-missing-Layton-boy-focused-in-mountains.html

Bags brought out. Some heavy enough for more than 1 person to carry.

I am just so pi$$ed right now.

eta: let me add that I have a son... and there is just something really dear to my heart about little boys.

eta: let me add that I have a son... and there is just something really dear to my heart about little boys.

Me too Nurse, especially red haired little boys. Ethan's glasses are just adorable. This is really breaking my heart.

3 grown sons and a 2 yr. old grandson....nothing sweeter than little boy hugs and kisses.... I'm so angry right now! :furious:

Are you seeing the news about the tornadoes right now on fox ? Just wanting to make sure I am on the right channel

Omgosh do you see that rain mixed with snow falling on LE ! Poor Ethan, :(

Fox says presser any minute, will take us there when it starts at Layton PD. Now reporter coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam