MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF an accident happened while a parent was intoxicated, you have your reason why a parent might actually cover up the child's death, IMO. Especially if they knew for sure the child was deceased, no chance of reviving. That at the least would be negligent homicide or manslaughter. JMO

I still think there's the possibility of an innocent explanation for the store companion.

Still, I'm suddenly wondering if her cell phone had really been malfunctioning, or if that was just some excuse she made up for missed calls or failure to check in with JI.
There very well could be an innocent explanation for the store visit and companion. Or the omission really has nothing to do with Lisa's disappearance, and the mother is merely trying to keep from letting the father know she was at the store with another man. BUT there's a lesson here for all of us: if we are EVER (Gawd forbid) put in a situation where we must be questioned by LE, even if we were outside jay-bird nekkid, howling at the moon when the event in question occurred...we'd best admit that we were outside jay-bird nekkid howling at the moon!

Sorrell sky (sp) post 117
"What then, is the explanation for LE seeking video from the grocery store - after finding a receipt?
"Riddle me this: If DB has been open & honest with investigators regarding her activities before the baby's disappearance, why does LE need video from a grocery store that she visited earlier in the day?"

I think you are saying indirectly (and I agree):
Appears in talking to LE, that Mom had been ---
--- less than open & honest re her timeline that day, and/or
--- unable/unwilling to fill all the little bitty time gaps.

................................................................................................
If receipt was just a "cash receipt" (no debit or credit card #, no preferred shopper #, etc.),
that LE found in Baby Lisa's home, LE w/investigate who made grocery purchase (w or w/out wine),
just to fill time gap, and/or to corroborate mom's timeline
(or perhaps dad's timeline, if he had told LE, he went to grocery).

If cash receipt, LE w/not know that either of the two of them made that purchase,
until verifying by surv. recording (or, as back in the day, talking to cashier, bagger, etc.)

LE seems to have hit a double, w. receipt showing
---wine purchase that day,
---mom accompanied (apparently) by man-other-than-Jeremy.
And if mom had omitted this errand from her timeline to LE, it was a triple play.

What could send the LE hitter to home base?
?Surv. recording of parking lot = Mom drinking wine, alone or w. that man?
Oops, carried away w. sports analogy.

Like folks above said, mom's lie-by-omission (if fact was omitted) c/be big issue.

If she omitted this errand from her timeline to LE, was it to hide from Dad or LE ---
---buying alcohol, as a $ waster?
---buying w. other man?
---poss leaving kids alone (if she did, & if dad h/not known)?,
---the box of wine being consumed or missing?
---her imbibing (if she did) poss contrib'g to death (if Lisa is no longer alive)?

I couldn't open any links the last little while...do we know what led LE to the store for the video?

my-tee-mouse-I agree. It will be absolutely tragic to me if Mom and Dad are totally innocent, but a few white lies to cover up unflattering possibilities led LE to suspect or focus on them. I am not blaming the parents necessarily-I feel like I might have the same impulse.

So if this grocery trip occured at 5:00 PM, who was watching the three kids?

There is no way Baby Lisa could have been rolled over in bed and died by accident. She was 30 lbs. Too big for this to happen by anyone named in that bed. Baby Lisa was not an infant, even at infant stages, this would be very rare.

I couldn't open any links the last little while...do we know what led LE to the store for the video?

They found a receipt at the Irwin home...for IIRC, box wine & paper plates and such.

This whole wine thing might explain why hubby seems to be keeping his distance from mom in the videos, at least to me. Maybe he knows or suspects about the other man, even if he did not know about whatever may have happened that evening. And might explain the remark about the baby being the link to them all, or however it was phrased. She might have been the reason they stayed together, IF there was an affair.

JMO and all supposition

It's pretty awful if this all comes out and has nothing to do with Lisa...talk about letting the focus go away from your missing child...

Did anyone catch the news story about DB being on video buying a box of wine with an unknown man? Pic of said man was shown to neighbors - Fox4 reported, I missed some of it ETA: about 5 hours before DB said she put Lisa to bed, so about 5:30

hu? thud

There very well could be an innocent explanation for the store visit and companion. Or the omission really has nothing to do with Lisa's disappearance, and the mother is merely trying to keep from letting the father know she was at the store with another man. BUT there's a lesson here for all of us: if we are EVER (Gawd forbid) put in a situation where we must be questioned by LE, even if we were outside jay-bird nekkid, howling at the moon when the event in question occurred...we'd best admit that we were outside jay-bird nekkid howling at the moon!

If I'm ever outside jay-bird nekkid, howling at the moon I'll swear its my twin sister! :floorlaugh:

Well I hope you all are happy. I have been on the now closed thread trying my darndest to reply to BeanE about that quote she posted and could not figure out why I had no quote button........ANYWHERE. Not a single post had the quote button and then it hit me....you dummy the thread has closed...now I am used to being left and keep refreshing until it sinks in what has happened but not tonight,LOL.....just overlook me I will be okay maybe!!!
And yes BeanE that was a 'wut' for sure!!!!!!!!!!!! I read that 4 times myself.

Nana46--:floorlaugh: lololol Don't you hate that? :crazy:
I'm sorry I'm laughing, and yes I know the feeling.
I left to eat dinner and visit with my daughter. I came back, picked up where I left off and figured out I was an entire thread behind. :waitasec:

imo

A small box of wine has the equivilant of 5 small bottles of wine in it. The larger size has seven bottles! Sam's Club has a small box of Cabernet Sauvingnon for $7.00, and it's pretty decent...just fyi...

Bottom line: Seemingly suspicious behavior of teen in earlier raw footage can be observed if you Check out this video with on-site reporter (KCTV-4) John Pepitone on Chic Trib site:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rch-for-missing-baby-20111005,0,7975319.story

Look for: At the 1:29 mark of the video, JI receives a hug from a male friend or relative and walks to a silver crew-cab pickup truck with a soda bottle in his right hand (Coke?). As JI gets into the back seat, passenger-side of the truck, notice the teen male in bright green hoodie, wearing sunglasses, hanging on the truck's driver's side back door. When the teen sees the cameras are on JI and thus on him, the teen boy appears to deliberately cover/shield his face with his right arm to avoid being on camera.

Why am I suggesting you go to the Chic Trib site:
I was researching media videos on the Jackson County TV-4 website. I checked about 10 (of 31 possible) videos, and all but one was accessible to view. This one titled:

"Police Take Search Door-to-door for missing 10-month-old" denied access with a warning that I did not have authority to access. I Googled this article title and found I could access on the Chicago Trib site.

I'm curious what you think of the teen behavior in this particular video and what you think about KCTV-4 viewers being denied access to this video given the subpoena for raw video footage? Could LE have required the News media to close off access to this?

This whole wine thing might explain why hubby seems to be keeping his distance from mom in the videos, at least to me. Maybe he knows or suspects about the other man, even if he did not know about whatever may have happened that evening. And might explain the remark about the baby being the link to them all, or however it was phrased. She might have been the reason they stayed together, IF there was an affair.

JMO and all supposition

It's pretty awful if this all comes out and has nothing to do with Lisa...talk about letting the focus go away from your missing child...

OMG about the wine! As someone else said, thud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member