CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't good, they are paring back the number of people searching for Dylan?? And they don't seem to have any new leads. I feel like they are giving up and are going to wait until someone confesses or a body appears somewhere.

I didn't like this:

Scuba divers who are part of New Mexico State Police Search and Recovery Dive Team have twice trolled the bottom of Vallecito Lake looking for Dylan's body.
The San Juan County Sheriff's Office helicopter has done two aerial searches of the Vallecito area. On Monday, the helicopter searched Vallecito Reservoir and other lakes in the Durango area looking for a body washed on shore or in shallow water.

So they are thinking he's dead?? It just shocked me to read that.

I am starting to feel like this is going to be one of those cases that goes on for years unless there is a break of some sort. I honestly didn't think this case would go on as long as it has, but I guess any leads have gone cold.

It is kind of disheartening to hear them say they are cutting back resources for searching right now, because they made a big deal about their threefold approach recently: one team going through the videos they were given, another looking at RSOs, another looking at the evidence they brought in from the warrant. And they have amassed a lot of tips, supposedly.

So I thought they were going to make a break in this case this week...:mad:

One thing I wish LE would tell us is if they have proof he was at his Dad's all night Sunday/Monday.

If they ruled anyone out and if so, who.

Who was the last person Dylan contacted by phone before it went off and what was the contents of that communication?

What of Dylan's WAS left at MR's house?

Were they able to get Dylan's DNA off the cereal bowl or spoon?

I'll think of more later.

It is kind of disheartening to hear them say they are cutting back resources for searching right now, because they made a big deal about their threefold approach recently: one team going through the videos they were given, another looking at RSOs, another looking at the evidence they brought in from the warrant. And they have amassed a lot of tips, supposedly.

You would think, wouldn't you??? They had so much they were working on. And now it's all played out? It never occurred to me they would already scaled back on how many people are working this. Guess they figure if he's found at all, it will be a recovery and not a rescue.

Get Texas Equusearch involved now.

AMEN!!! If they've got nuttin, get Tim Miller and his group out there to go to work. Sounds like they are needed desperately.

It does sound as though LE have given up hope of finding Dylan alive. Even though most of us probably already suspected it, it really is a kick in the guts to find out LE suspect it too. They have come out and said that foul play is suspected and they are searching for his body... Is there a chance that he is still alive somewhere out there?

I feel very upset right now, I never even considered that this case would not be solved, but now I'm not so sure.

It's hard to think about, because it still seems so early on in the investigation.

I'm afraid I interpreted the quote a different way. My fear is that they have...or feel they have evidence to suggest a crime was committed and a possible suspect or POI. We really don't know what evidence they have. I hope and pray I am wrong.

I'm afraid I interpreted the quote a different way. My fear is that they have...or feel they have evidence to suggest a crime was committed and a possible suspect or POI. We really don't know what evidence they have. I hope and pray I am wrong.

At least, if so, justice will be served for this darling little boy.

It does sound as though LE have given up hope of finding Dylan alive. Even though most of us probably already suspected it, it really is a kick in the guts to find out LE suspect it too. They have come out and said that foul play is suspected and they are searching for his body... Is there a chance that he is still alive somewhere out there?

I feel very upset right now, I never even considered that this case would not be solved, but now I'm not so sure.

I know, it's like being blindsided. That's the way I feel, like a gut shot. I thought this was ongoing, it never occurred to be we are at an inpasse.

Like you said, first calling it foul play, then looking for a body............wow.

Still the cases of Steven Stayner and Jaycee Dugard come to mind. No one thought all those years they were being held captive and still alive. Yet they were and they escaped. What if it's a case like that. Where Jaycee was taken was very quiet, yet Philip Garrido (sp) drove all the way there from where he lived, looking for a victim. I keep thinking it could be something like this that happened to Dylan.

And if it did, they should be looking to put heat on whoever has him.

An article I hadn't seen until now - Durango Herald Dec 4
A quote from ER:

Dylan was looking forward to meeting up with old friends, she said Tuesday, but he wasn’t looking forward to spending long days in his father’s cabin in Vallecito, a remote wilderness area 20 miles northeast of Durango.
“It was something that he needed to do, and he was excited to see his friends and hang out with his friends,” Elaine Redwine said. “He did have to come, but he was OK with it.”

I didn't realise that Denise Hess, the family friend who is so active in organising searches, fundraisers, and the Find Missing Dylan Redwine page on FB, is the owner of the video shop where MR was interviewed a while back - this quote from the same article:

“He was happy sitting at home on the couch wrapped in a blanket playing video games with mom in the kitchen,” said Denise Hess, a family friend who is passing out fliers, collecting donations and organizing searches from her store, Plaza Video, in Bayfield.

No one seems to be focused on the fact that on NG, ER said Dylan's phone would be smoking after texting. Did she mean that literally? If so, the phone could have died.

I'd ask:

Elaine - Did he bring any money with him that he could offer someone to give him a ride? How many changes of clothes did he pack? When was the last time his phone had a new battery?

Mark - Were any of your neighbors especially friendly toward him? How well do you know his local friend? Was your door locked when you left? When you returned?

LE - What do you know that we don't?! Is there any reason to doubt what Mark has said so far? What were the results of his LDT? Did any other family members take one? Why or why not?

Cory - What do you think happened? Has he ever talked to you about problems he had with anyone there, dad or otherwise? Has he ever talked about liking to fish?

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but these would do for starters. Thanks for asking; it's sometimes hard to think of a way to stimulate my brain.

No one seems to be focused on the fact that on NG, ER said Dylan's phone would be smoking after texting. Did she mean that literally? If so, the phone could have died.

Hi Ginnlylover, and :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

I didn't think she meant it was literally smoking, but I don't know.

Get Texas Equusearch involved now.

Agree 1000%

This focus on bodies of water, lakes and reservoirs is too narrow. I am concerned the focus of the search has been unduly influenced by statements made by MR.

Confusion, I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your outline. Last night I was thinking about this case, and was considering doing something similar, just to keep straight what we know that is verified, and what is unconfirmed and/or speculated. It's so easy for those to run together in my mind. Your outline was very helpful, and thank you again for it.

A dinner and silent auction will be held Tuesday in Bayfield to benefit the search for Dylan Redwine, who disappeared last month near Vallecito Reservoir.

Local restaurants and stores have donated food for the dinner and items to be auctioned off from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Pine Valley Four Square Church, 1328 County Road 501, said Denise Hess, who has helped organize search efforts and fundraising efforts for Dylan.

The fund will be used to pay for services beyond what law enforcement is already doing, Hess said, possibly including the hiring a private investigator and bloodhounds.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...d-to-benefit-search-for-missing-Dylan-Redwine

This isn't good, they are paring back the number of people searching for Dylan?? And they don't seem to have any new leads. I feel like they are giving up and are going to wait until someone confesses or a body appears somewhere.

I didn't like this:

So they are thinking he's dead?? It just shocked me to read that.

I am starting to feel like this is going to be one of those cases that goes on for years unless there is a break of some sort. I honestly didn't think this case would go on as long as it has, but I guess any leads have gone cold.

Right ? I thought this was a " search and NOT a recovery" . So when did that
change? I suppose it could have changed days ago with no more than LE says to the public. But the idea it's a 'search' kept giving me hope. That LE specifically called it a search made it seem they had seen something in everything they looked at that would indicate he had passed.........but at the same time it is a criminal investigation so.........idk :(

The fund will be used to pay for services beyond what law enforcement is already doing, Hess said, possibly including the hiring a private investigator and bloodhounds.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...d-to-benefit-search-for-missing-Dylan-Redwine

Okay - I'll go ahead and say it - why is there a need to hire a private investigator 16 days into the case? The local police department, CBI, FBI, La Plata County Sheriff's Department, etc., have all been investigating Dylan's disappearance, and from what I've seen, it appears to still be a very active investigation.

Who organized this fund raiser? I don't understand why anyone would think it's necessary to raise funds to hire a PI at this stage of the investigation, unless there are folks who don't have confidence in the task force.

Color me confused. :waitasec:

I'm having a difficult time accepting this news of scaling back this morning. I almost never post, but I've read every thread and every post for Dylan. When I went to bed last night, I was hopeful still. Now, I'm feeling angry/sad/confused/heartbroken. :( I don't want them to give up!! He's still out there somewhere - alive or not - he's still out there. Where are you, sweet Dylan??

It may be of small comfort to some , but to me I firmly believe that God or karma or fate will take care of this is LE is never able to . I pray and pray he's found and safe and alive. But to whoever the perp is, if there is one, you are marked and you are known. Maybe not to us and to LE , but you are known. You can never outrun vengeance no matter how hard you try. I like to think there are much worse things that living behind bars and it's coming for you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998