CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is scaling back because they have 2 theories left:

Dylan was kidnapped/abducted
Dylan met with foul play

He's not out there trapped somewhere or lost in the woods or something like that. Sad to say, but LE is basically saying they believe Dylan is deceased. They won't come right out there and say that, of course...but many searchers and officers working a case is usually due to the fact that are seeking rescue rather than recovery.
I think LE has a few things and are working the case from there. If they can find and break the perp, then they can find Dylan.

Praying for all the investigators and officers in this case. I know they must be frustrated and sad.

I think LE is scaling back because they have 2 theories left:

Dylan was kidnapped/abducted
Dylan met with foul play

He's not out there trapped somewhere or lost in the woods or something like that. Sad to say, but LE is basically saying they believe Dylan is deceased. They won't come right out there and say that, of course...but many searchers and officers working a case is usually due to the fact that are seeking rescue rather than recovery.
I think LE has a few things and are working the case from there. If they can find and break the perp, then they can find Dylan.

Praying for all the investigators and officers in this case. I know they must be frustrated and sad.

I agree with you.

I wonder if all the old mines in the area have been checked? Maybe Dylan wouldn't know about them, but perps might. IMO

Posted by Alexandra in previous thread

Apologies if this article has been posted....I can't seem to keep up :/

Snipped by me:

“He was sleeping on the couch, and I told him I had to go about my errands,” Mark Redwine said in a Sunday telephone interview. “He said, ‘OK, I understand.’ The focus for him was to go to his friend’s, but I live far back in the canyon. There’s a substantial distance between my house and the lake, so it doesn’t make sense that he would walk out, but he’s a 13-year-old boy, and who knows what they think sometimes?”

BBM

I thought MR said he couldn't rouse DR. Didn't realize he spoke with him that morning. ??

http://www.gazette.com/articles/dyla...n-redwine.html

I copied Alexandra's post from the last thread because so far I have heard three different accounts from MR on what took place between him and his son Monday morning.

MR also said “he waited to rouse him”.

Come on, no way would Dylan tell his father, ”Ok, I understand” if his father told him” I have to go about my errands so I’m not driving you to Bayfield.”

ELAINE REDWINE: Dylan was always good. He always had to wake up for school early. So irrespective of what time he went to bed, you know, he was really good about waking up. So if he had plans at 6:30 to meet with his friends, you know, it`s uncharacteristic of him not to be up and ready. So, you know, I just -- I know him. And I know him very well. And I think that, you know, he definitely would have been up and ready at 6:30, 7:30, whenever in the morning.

REDWINE: Yes, and that`s the point is that he knew that if he didn`t get up early in the morning, because Bayfield Area, where he`d see his friends, you know, it is not in walking distance. It`s probably, you know, 30 to 45-minute drive. So he would have had to be waiting at his dad`s house all day or whenever his dad came back in order to get a ride down there.

REDWINE: Uncharacteristic that he wouldn`t have woken up early that morning to get a ride 45 minutes into town to see his friends.”

Good morning everyone!

Was MR present when the lake was searched? I know Dylan's brother and mother were. TIA

Trying to catch up....has local LE asked for any assistance from any other outside LE agencies? My confidence is tapering regarding their experience to handle a case like this.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Oh boy! Well I think it's clear that they no longer believe Dylan is alive. This could certainly be the reason for the scaleback. There isn't quite the urgency to find him as there would be if they thought he were alive. Obviously the length of time that's passed would make them think this, but I wonder if there's more?

If I could ask anyone a question I would ask MR why Dylan's phone was turned off at 8pm Sunday night.

I would also ask LE why they are so focused on Vallecito Lake/Reservoir? Is it purely because of the dogs or something else?

A little behind and catching up so this might fall a little OT where it lands.

Didn't the mom say on Nancy Grace that Dylan was happy to see his friends and that Dad and him got along, but Dad just hadn't put in as much parenting time so they weren't as close?

Can someone link me to the articles are are using to keep coming back to this idea that Dylan was so against being there this week? Are we still on that scowl emoticon or is there something more?

I just think if the mom, the one who herself thinks (or thought) that dad did it, can't even say that he hated being there with a straight face than we shouldn't promote that idea either. JMO.

GRACE: What was his demeanor, Elaine?

REDWINE: You know, he was excited to go see his friends.
He has friends in Bayfield, which is about -- oh, about 30 minutes away from Vallecito. So you know, he was really excited to go hang out with his friends in Bayfield.

GRACE: Ms. Redwine, I`ve got to tell you, every time -- there`s this one picture of your son that reminds me so much of my little boy, John David, with the blond hair and the big crystal blue eyes.

I want to go back to something you just said. He was excited to go see his friends. He had a lot of friends there. What was his relationship with his dad? I know you guys have had a very tumultuous relationship. The divorce, the custody, all that has to take a toll. Did they get along?

REDWINE: Yes. I mean, I just don`t think -- you know, we had joint parenting time. And because, you know, Mark had to earn a living and we live in a small community, he was on the road a lot. So he didn`t spend a lot of time with Dylan in the three years prior to Dylan moving to Colorado Springs. So I just don`t think he knew Dylan all that well.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

Groan.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

:what:

Sorry to sound dumb but I really want to understand this properly; are they trying to say that the whole case has gone cold? :( :confused:

It sure sounds like it and also sounds like the warrant produced no evidence to assist them in the investigation either. It sounds like they are stumped and dont really know what happened to him.

But it is sadly normal to cut back on vast searches this far out. Some dont even look for a person this long. They will search extensively for a couple of weeks and then start scaling back.

IMO

Oh boy! Well I think it's clear that they no longer believe Dylan is alive. This could certainly be the reason for the scaleback. There isn't quite the urgency to find him as there would be if they thought he were alive. Obviously the length of time that's passed would make them think this, but I wonder if there's more?

If I could ask anyone a question I would ask MR why Dylan's phone was turned off at 8pm Sunday night.

I would also ask LE why they are so focused on Vallecito Lake/Reservoir? Is it purely because of the dogs or something else?

Did we ever learn for a fact that the phone was turned OFF or just wasnt used after 8 that night? Being turned OFF and not being used is a huge difference imo. Could he have had his phone charging when he got to his dad's home?

AMEN!!! If they've got nuttin, get Tim Miller and his group out there to go to work. Sounds like they are needed desperately.

I saw the video that Random put up last night of where the lake spills over into fast moving rapids. If Dylan went over the spillway or dam area his body would be many miles away down stream by now. :(

That is what happened to the young man here in our local area who drowned while duck hunting when he fell out of his boat. He went over the dam and three months later they finally found his body about 20 miles away.

It may be of small comfort to some , but to me I firmly believe that God or karma or fate will take care of this is LE is never able to . I pray and pray he's found and safe and alive. But to whoever the perp is, if there is one, you are marked and you are known. Maybe not to us and to LE , but you are known. You can never outrun vengeance no matter how hard you try. I like to think there are much worse things that living behind bars and it's coming for you .

The State of Colorado has the death penalty and three people are awaiting execution. Suitability of the death penalty is determined by a jury.

James Holmes, the alleged gunman believed to be responsible for the shootings at a movie theater in Aurora, CO would appear to be most qualified to join them on death row.

In the early hours of Friday, James Holmes unleashed a fury that would leave 12 innocent moviegoers dead and 58 others injured.

Holmes was eventually caught by police in the parking lot of the Century 16 Movie Theater in Aurora, about nine miles from Denver, after dozens of 911 calls poured in around 12:39 a.m. MDT (2:39 a.m. EDT).

Having reviewed the incident in question, one would assume that Holmes is a perfect candidate for capital punishment -- otherwise known as the death penalty.

Life in prison would most likely be the only alternative option.

http://www.ibtimes.com/colorado-sho...n-james-eagan-holmes-get-death-penalty-730366

The State of Colorado has the death penalty and three people are awaiting execution. Suitability of the death penalty is determined by a jury. <respectfully snipped>

Having a hard time getting past THREE inmates awaiting execution.

In Texas we have over 300 .... :what:

I think the scale back of the search after searching the home tells the whole story.

Hope this is OK to post.
I had a conversation with 2 men, one 40's one 50's. I started by telling a story about a survey I had read about sex and wondered what they thought about one of the answer. ? Have you ever had a same sex encounter? Well the answer I got was that they had both, on separate occasions while hitchhiker at the age of 13-14 been picked up offered/asked for sex. They both also gave the same reply, No. This was back in the 60's early 70's and at that time lots of boys carried knives. They were both met with advances that led them to produce their knives to get the "driver" to pull over and let them out of the car.

I am starting to wonder if this is what happened to Dylan and he was overpowered.

I think the scale back of the search after searching the home tells the whole story.

None of us know but I think they think they have done everything they possibly can to find Dylan and who is involved. The SW was the last effort to find something but IMO they found nothing so that is why they say they are scaling back. If they really had found something they would be going full steam ahead now..........not scaling back. They wouldnt be decreasing if they were close to breaking the case. It would be in full overload mode just like it was when they finally knew who had murdered JR or any other case where they finally know who the suspect is.

They are stumped, imo, and until they get a credible tip(s) I imagine this case is going to slow way way down like it does in other cases.:(

IMO

I wonder what has lead them to call this a criminal investigation vs. Dylan having an accident? (like slipping and falling in the lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie