jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much longer til today starts?

I have afternoon off because DH needs to have injections in his spine. Planning to take laptop with me for time spent in waiting room. hoping to catch some testimony.

I'm not sure it works that way. It's a process of thinking, writing or saying positive thoughts such as seeing yourself as a success. Positive affirmations. You need to maintain a positive attitude, which Travis did according to friends and family. However, enter Jodi into his life and he is trying to change her ways and she ends up changing his. He is trying to get back on track and she keeps dangling that carrot, won't give up to the point he can't even date someone without finding her there when he gets home. She was obsessed with him to the point where the only way she could win was to take his life. Now she feels she owns him and because he is such a good person he will forgive her once she dies and they are together again. She has no soul. She's not going where Travis is. jmo

BBM : I don't mean this as in I don't want her to get the DP because I DO. I mean this as in Thank God she will not be going to where Travis is. As IMO he is in a wonderful place and she deserves to be in hell ( if there is such a place ) for eternity JMO

I notice that there is a whole lot of focus on the home family meetings or what are they called...the Family Home? whatever....he keeps asking jodi about it...what goes on at those meetings etc???

was Travis there with the other girl? can some one wrap this up for me?

From what I remember of the testimony, FHE (Family Home Evening) is church-sponsored events for single Mormons to mingle. I think you can start attending at age 18.

I've never had to cover bruises so I'm speculating. But I know it's damn hard to cover a hickey. Another lie

Can't wait for today. I must say I do get annoyed when Juan goes "do you have a problem with memory? so you don't have a problem with memory" over and over again. Sometimes I find his style too aggressive. It makes it seems like Jodi is more composed than him.

Actually, I think NE bought the letters from mom because they stated they were not going to print them at this time but then printed a very small exert with the article. jmo

http://www.examiner.com/article/tra...o-jodi-arias-may-be-published-tabloid?cid=rss

Travis Alexander's alleged letters to Jodi Arias may be published in tabloid
Crime
January 18, 2013
By: Taylor Rios

On the Jan. 17 episode of "Nancy Grace," Mike Walker, the senior editor of the National Enquirer, spoke about how Travis Alexander's alleged letters to Jodi Arias may be published. The murderer's mother, Sandy Arias, contacted the tabloid with the "evidence."

The National Enquirer is a tabloid and has a reputation for printing anything without confirming its authenticity. The subject matter of the letters does not paint the victim in a positive light and seem to be fabricated, especially since they were not original letters, but copies. Sandy Arias claimed the originals were destroyed....

So they had to have destroyed the copies AFTER copying them. Why would they do that? Perhaps because TA's fingerprints wouldn't be anywhere on the originals. Jodi can't say she destroyed them to protect Travis because they were copied before they were destroyed. I think this is why the prosecution is keen to get them in. JMO

beth just said JM had to have a good faith basis for saying to JA yesterday that MM had been asked about her strangulation and didn't remember it at all. makes me wonder if JM is going to call MM for that question after all.

Sooooooooooo much squirming at 17:32 when he brings up Matt, and when did she see him/call him re bruising. Sends Nurmi over the edge I think and he is writing notes to the PA next to him at 18:18 or so! I watched a few times, and Juan is TEASING her about "do you know if he talked to law enforcement"........ and she goes blank! He never really puts closure on this one, but seemed to really take her off the game.

QUESTION: Somefolks know how to Queue up a utube by putting something following the header thread.......like m=17;s=32. Can someone show an example so I can now learn to queue up in the future. I learned colors and bolding and other stuff already, so next step!

[video=youtube;e27NDs13Owg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27NDs13Owg[/video]

Respectfully snipped.

LadyEdith, I strongly agree with those statements. This is absolutely Jodi's weakness and Achilles heel. And I think Juan Martinez has this figured out, too. It is the entire motive for the murder. I think he will HAVE to bring this out, to show that "self defense" is really a fantasy story.

Her composure may indeed crack if he goes there and focuses on how Travis rejected her-- and we will see the "angry, rejected Jodi" emerge. Remember Alex in Fatal Attraction? "I will NOT BE IGNORED, Dan."

It wasn't that if she couldn't have HIM, no other woman would-- just the opposite. If he wouldn't have HER, then he would have nothing-- no women, no life, no nothing. He dared to reject her. She made sure she was the end game.

Last one he had sex with.
Last one he spoke to.
Last person he ever saw.
Last person who ever saw him alive.
Last person who touched him while he was alive.
And she took from him all of his life goals, and even his after-life goals.

She did her da*&dest to make sure SHE was the last thought in his mind as he lay there dying from being murdered. She is not an eraser killer. She is an annihilator. Look at the mess she left behind-- only a cursory attempt to clean up. She was PROUD of what she had done, and wanted others to see it.

In Jodi's mind, she "won" by annihilating Travis, and winning (one-upping) is very important to a psychopath. The rest of all this, the trial and the aftermath, is simply collateral damage she has to endure. In her mind, she "won" with Travis-- and no one can ever take that away from her. Even if they ultimately take her freedom and her life.

Such a great post, K Z!

I think that she is/has been continuing that one-upping all through the aftermath and trial. I think she is loving having the last word about Travis still. I don't think this trial is difficult for her to endure like it would be for a 'normal' person.

Just the opposite, I think she is enjoying the attention and still thinks she is 'winning'.

I am sooooo hoping that JM digs deep into rejection, as I agree that is her weakness. She cannot bear to be rejected. And I think this is the best way to see her unmasked.

Chris Hughes already testifed at the Evid. Hearing that Nurmi lied to them and told them Travis had written that letter and Sky reacted to it and I'm guessing wrote some letters with her concerns. Once they spoke with the prosecution's office they realized they were forgeries. Defense will say they never lied but I can only think Sky's testimony will only hurt Nurmi personally. jmo

Thank you for clearing that up, LambChop. The original quote sounded like a separate matter, and it didn't tie in with what I already knew. :seeya:

I've never had to cover bruises so I'm speculating. But I know it's damn hard to cover a hickey. Another lie

you can also MAKE 'bruises' with makeup-----eye shadows in blues, purples, etc. i've seen it done.

I believe in her sick little mind she is proud of her stories and her lies and how quick she is to come up with her lies. In her mind she is doing a great job and no matter what JM does or says she will out smart and out wit him JMO

I agree, she thinks she is a stinking genius, and that her lies are impressing someone. She, and evidently her defense team, don's seem to realize, people don't like Jodi. She comes off as a smart azz, know-it-all. That alone is enough to get her found guilty.
If her team looks at this, they will have to say themselves, 'no, I don't like her".
Jodi has put on an act all her life to be accepted, but I bet the friendships/relationships have only lasted as long as she can keep up the facade, because the real Jodi, reeks of UGLY!

Here is the problem: Jodi admittedly hacked into Travis email, phone and everything else she could. She had his passwords, etc. How do you know, how could anyone know if Travis wrote or sent electronic letters to Jodi? She is quite clever and likely sent that crap to herself. I say this is a no win for both sides.

Because they were hand written.

I see many people making comments all over the place regarding whether this was due to an email, when. I suggest reading the 2-25-2013 argument/brief made by the state.

Sorry I am not going to put on hip waders and blindfolds, why in all this time has the state not provided Travis's journals, they do exist, if they showed such a positive light. When you Zerox something or make a copy, which is what Jodi has, it is not forged, UNLESS it has been altered and that can be called into question

Because they were hand written.

I see many people making comments all over the place regarding whether this was due to an email, when. I suggest reading the 2-25-2013 argument/brief made by the state.

Sorry I am not going to put on hip waders and blindfolds, why in all this time has the state not provided Travis's journals, they do exist, if they showed such a positive light. When you Zerox something or make a copy, which is what Jodi has, it is not forged, UNLESS it has been altered and that can be called into question

Again, do you have a link for this?

I would think if his bad habit as Jodi seemed to be so sick over would have made it's way into her story of the ninjas. It was a perfect time for her to insert it into her story for Flores. It could be a reason this couple came to kill him. But she didn't think to tell him that. Why? Because it was never an issue or she would have told Flores he could have died because he had issues with small children. jmo

Respectfully snipped.

LadyEdith, I strongly agree with those statements. This is absolutely Jodi's weakness and Achilles heel. And I think Juan Martinez has this figured out, too. It is the entire motive for the murder. I think he will HAVE to bring this out, to show that "self defense" is really a fantasy story.

Her composure may indeed crack if he goes there and focuses on how Travis rejected her-- and we will see the "angry, rejected Jodi" emerge. Remember Alex in Fatal Attraction? "I will NOT BE IGNORED, Dan."

It wasn't that if she couldn't have HIM, no other woman would-- just the opposite. If he wouldn't have HER, then he would have nothing-- no women, no life, no nothing. He dared to reject her. She made sure she was the end game.

Last one he spoke to.
Last person he ever saw.

She did her da*&dest to make sure SHE was the last thought in his mind as he lay there dying from being murdered. She is not an eraser killer. She is an annihilator. Look at the mess she left behind-- only a cursory attempt to clean up. She was PROUD of what she had done, and wanted others to see it.

In Jodi's mind, she "won" by annihilating Travis, and winning (one-upping) is very important to a psychopath. The rest of all this, the trial and the aftermath, is simply collateral damage she has to endure. In her mind, she "won" with Travis-- and no one can ever take that away from her. Even if they ultimately take her freedom and her life.

Yep Yep Yep all so true, to bad it wasn't like it used to be and as soon as it was proven she did it that she was hung. She would have no time to be in the spotlight. MOO

What would you like to be Mr. Martinez' opening question this morning?

How about:

'Ready Ma'am? Water? Revised script memorized?' :floorlaugh:

I'm waiting for Juan Martinez to ask JA to explain what Travis was doing to her when she had to defend herself by stabbing Travis in the back. I know she says she does not remember stabbing Travis, but she has to remember what he was doing to her that caused her to have to defend herself. If not today, that's OK, I can wait.

Respectfully snipped.

Last one he spoke to.
Last person he ever saw.

This is KEY to motive. It was her motive. She was playing a "game" with Travis all along--since there is no mutuality with a psychopath, there always has to be someone with the upper hand. Until the end, she had the upper hand with Travis, because she was able to manipulate him to remain connected to her through SEX.

When he made plans to take that trip with Mimi, Jodi could feel her tool of control (sex) losing its power. If he began to "court" Mimi in earnest, which she assumed since he was taking her to Cancun, how would she command his time and attention to continue to seduce him? She NEEDED to win, and she did win over Travis. But she will not win over Justice.

Originally Posted by LadyEdith

She cannot bear to be the one unwanted. And either they mutually break up, or she is the one who breaks up. Unless I am overlooking something, she has not said that Travis EVER broke up with her, which I cannot believe.

If he really emphasizes that Travis rejected her I think her composure may crack.

Respectfully snipped.

Last one he spoke to.
Last person he ever saw.

Good posts, and I hope JM pounds on it early & often. Nobody breaks up with Jodi -- nobody. She is in control; she is driving the bus. Yes, that is her Achilles' he!!, er ah, heel, Lady Edith, and K_Z.

At least I hope mentioning it a lot would put her off her rhythm and addle her sociopathic temperament.

Don't lay off, Mr. Juanderful, pile it on there, man, pile it on....:furious:

On an entirely different note, has anybody been noticing her left hand when it is viewable? I'm sure some of us have. Several times I have seen it when it looks absolutely normal when it shouldn't if the ring finger had been permanently injured. And surely, shirley, some of the jurors have been watching her murderous left hand as well.
icon14.gif
icon13.gif
icon14.gif
icon13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics