FL FL - Terrance Williams, 27, & Felipe Santos, 23, Collier Co, 2003 & 2004

Good find, I dont see on Namus where he was ever ruled out
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/564

However, he was missing before their estimated timeframe. Never know though. You have a hispanic male in the right age group and within the estimated height in Collier Co where Felipe went missing that hasnt been id'd and you have Felipe Santos missing 2 yrs before.

Is it okay to email the case manager and ask them if they have been checked? The ears are larger than on Felipe, but the jawline and facial structure match. Wish there was a picture of his profile somewhere. Are they usually pretty accurate when stating the estimated time of death? I know it mentions 2006, but I guess they could be wrong....:waitasec:

Is it okay to email the case manager and ask them if they have been checked? The ears are slightly smaller than on Felipe, but the jawline and facial structure match. Wish there was a picture of his profile somewhere. Are they usually pretty accurate when stating the estimated time of death? I know it mentions 2006, but I guess they could be wrong....:waitasec:

They could be wrong you never know. I actually got a response from a detective on another case that told me they can tell aprox time frame from soft tissue still being in the skull. This may be the case or not. It never hurts to submit to the detective handling either case.

I missed the very end of the episode...did they say a body was found where close to where Felipe was last "seen" but DNA testing has not been completed yet? Thanks in advance!

Yes, they said it was found about a mile from where Felipe was last seen and that preliminary tests had ruled him out but that DNA was being checked. That was in 2011 though - taking a long time to check the DNA!

I'm checking the wayback machine for evidence of a Pravco in Pinellas County. The area code is Pinellas and the exchange is south Pinellas, likely St. Petersburg.

This case rivets me. I love Disappeared, but this is the first one in awhile to compel me to want to get involved. I'd happily volunteer time on a search as I live up in Pinellas. It'd be a half day's drive, but if anything ever gets organized again I'd be there.

It's galling to me that no charges were filed, but I get that. What I don't get is the lack of probable cause cited. Surely a judge would issue a warrant based on those reports and those lies, the failed poly and the inconsistent interview. I know they want to appear unbiased, but surely a layperson would have his house searched six ways to Sunday. I know there was a signed document saying they wouldn't press charges based on the one interview, but surely that didn't apply to all subsequent interviews.

Sunbiz.org would show corporations in Florida atleast back to the 60's. It shows one's not in business anymore also. The phone # is so close to Pravco in NJ it's unreal. I think LE should look at the shirt again. If the remains where there for sometime weather/and other conditions could have caused some deterioration to the shirt.

I had somehow missed the post that pointed out the similarity of the telephone numbers. I wonder if the NJ Pravco had any big contracts in S Florida. Was there any history of Felipe living in the NE? I didn't think so. It's hard to say. Immolakee is about as economically depressed as you get. That shirt could have been donated and distributed to the workers. They do have a lot of people working on their behalf.

I feel terribly for Terrence's mother. How awful must this be? Not only losing her son and having to assume he's dead, but to know that there's a POI who seems as clear cut as they come and having LE at a loss to do anything about him. I wonder what they'd find in his house. Or in his backyard.

What type of work did they say Felipe was doing? Trying to remember. I know they said things where looking up for him and that he had been doing mirgrant work and then got a (construction, instillation?) job. I wonder if the Pravco co is based out of NJ but has contractors all over the US that install solar panels.

I don't think the Doe is Felipe based solely on the dates, but it'd sure be interesting to trace the Pravco lead to identify him. There are a lot of undocumented workers down here in Florida and I can see an obstacle being that he likely wouldn't have been employed by Pravco directly, but by an employee leasing company. Big companies usually won't hire illegals, but they have no problem leasing them and giving the day labor/leasing companies a cut. That way they can't have their records compromised. In the hotel industry, there are plenty of women who come over from eastern Europe, are housed and leased by an individual or "company" and essentially sold to hotels. The hotel pays them a small amount and pays an equal amount to the leasor.

So, anyone following the lead would have to see who provided the contact work for Pravco (if a project in Collier existed) and hope that they kept records of who might have been contracted and missing from the job site. I'm sure they've already whistled down that well and it was probably frustrating. I'd hope they did, at least.

As far as Terrance, was the court date weeks later or two days after he disappeared? I was unclear on that. If it was the latter, how was he getting back up north? I think Calkins is responsible, but I felt like the show kinda glossed over that part and it's certainly relevant.

Listening to the recordings on Disappeared last night the ex police officer just really raised my eyebrows. I mean when the dispatcher first asked him about picking up Terrance he acted like he couldn't even remember him or the incident itself. That is just plain weird. What police officer would not remember that - especially after you see how much he actually knew about and dealt with Terrance that day (even doing a background check for crying out loud!) it makes me wonder even more as to why he would have to lie about his dealings with Terrance.

This would be one of my guesses about the officer!

Florida Klan Today

During the 1970s and 80s, the Klan splintered into competing factions and its membership declined. That trend continued in the 1990s. Today, although its numbers are relatively small, Florida has one of the more active Klans, and its commitment to racial hatred and prejudice have not gone away.

http://www.pbs.org/harrymoore/terror/k.html

It's so hard to know re: the KKK. I don't associate in circles where it might be broached, lol, but as a life-long resident of Florida I can say it must be very underground if it's active. But, there are really two Floridas. There's the Florida where I live (Pinellas) and Collier and Palm Beach and Broward and Flagler, yadda. And there's the doughy middle of the state where it's much more rural and rustic and conservative. Not saying one is better than the other, but there are parts of middle and northern Florida that are eons away from a relatively upscale area like Collier county. Yet even there you have Immolakee.

Just from the dispatch records it looks like Calkins was likely a racist, but there can be a lot of bias in law enforcement. What I find baffling is that he worked forever without a single complaint and then two within such a short period of time? Was there a trigger? If he's a serial killer, how did he avoid such obvious mistakes before?

It's so hard to know re: the KKK. I don't associate in circles where it might be broached, lol, but as a life-long resident of Florida I can say it must be very underground if it's active. But, there are really two Floridas. There's the Florida where I live (Pinellas) and Collier and Palm Beach and Broward and Flagler, yadda. And there's the doughy middle of the state where it's much more rural and rustic and conservative. Not saying one is better than the other, but there are parts of middle and northern Florida that are eons away from a relatively upscale area like Collier county. Yet even there you have Immolakee.

Just from the dispatch records it looks like Calkins was likely a racist, but there can be a lot of bias in law enforcement. What I find baffling is that he worked forever without a single complaint and then two within such a short period of time? Was there a trigger? If he's a serial killer, how did he avoid such obvious mistakes before?

I grew up in Pinellas (Dunedin) and can say that I am quite aware that the KKK where active in the 70's and into the early 80's. Used to see them burning crosses in Palm Harbor off US 19 and ALT 19. Not anymore however, its definately a different place then back in the day. My first memory of Dunedin was a sign on a restaurant on Main St about "coloreds" having to use the back door. I was 5 and had to have my brother read it to me. Granted, it was left over from the prev decade (or so they said).Also, I was 5 when desegregation happened in Florida and it was ugly the first day of school.
Collier, WP, Dade, many of the southern counties (along with the panhandle counties) on the other hand I can imagine still have some with that mentality. The good ole boy network I believe they call it.
I was outraged listening to the tapes on the show and hearing racial references and the detective not bothered by that but more bothered by the fact that the deputy had lied to him. I was bothered by the call.

This case absolutely reminded me of the Jerry "Mike" Williams disappearance because the answer seems to be staring LE in the face but there is nothing they can (or will) do. As stated by a previous poster, I also found it very strange that LE couldn't seem to find any probable cause on which to base a search warrant. I'm certainly no expert in what qualifies as "probable cause" but it would seem to me that inconsistent statements, ommitted information, and a failed polygraph should more than fit the bill.
When it was reported that the deputy in question attempted a background check on Mr. Williams, my first thought was that he was checking to see if anyone would miss the man when he didn't come home. I certainly hope that LE will continue to investigate this case and the deputy in question relentlessly. Needless to say, the families of both Mr. Santos and Mr. Williams deserve no less. As always, it's JMHO. Thanks for listening.

Sure is alot of Does and Missing persons in Collier. Many near Golden Gate Estates and Immokalee Rd. Im going to have to listen to the show again (I recorded it) but I think GGE was mentioned.

It gives me the chills thinking this, but if he was doing a background check on Terrance, as someone else mentioned, he could have been seeing if anyone would be missing him. What if there are more then 2 missing persons or does that came across the same deputy and these cases where the first to show a connection. Makes one wonder.

Small world! I live in Dunedin now.

I remember being 5--1982--and there was a cross burned on our neighbor's yard in Clearwater. Dunedin has become a model for diversity in the last 30 years or so. Still very predominantly white (and old), but I've lived here my whole life and can't remember one hate crime. There's just not a lot of crime in general, but any little thing makes the Dunedin Beacon blotter and more often than not it's mostly gas driveoffs.

Of course that's not to say it doesn't exist--I'm sure there are pockets--but in the inner counties (and up in my husband's native MI) you'll see news stories about how they'll congregate in city parks and LE can't do much about it. You just don't see the organization here like you do in east Texas, LA, etc. Calkins could have been the Grand Master of his local Klan, but in Naples it's probably more a bunch of racists playing golf than protests and hoods and cross burnings.

Now this is really interesting, http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/665uffl.html .
I wonder who the deputy was that found her? Shortly after Terrance disappeared. Maybe they should search the area they found her in. This could be a diversion. Draw attention away from the deputy and have the dept focus on this doe found.

I just saw the Disappeared episode on these missing men.

It may be a wild thought but does anyone else think that the suspect in this case - Steven Calkins - could also be linked to the Adji Desir case?

It is so blatantly obvious that this Calkins character is responsible for the deaths of these two men (yes, I firmly believe they are not alive). You heard it yourself on the show, he is a racist and a liar. I only hope that one day the Collier County Sheriff's Department will one day gather enough evidence to put that serial killer away and get justice for Mr. Williams' and Mr. Santos' families. I shall be intently waiting that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back