I might believe them except....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forensic sketch of the "probable abductor" on the Find Maddy website is a joke!!!

And I find this to be TOTALLY TASTELESS - http://store.findmadeleine.com/

It is beyond tasteless. That website has had me infuriated since I first saw it. How can they hold back pictures of maddie based on payment?? It is totally revolting and completly abnormal. If your 3 year old child is missing how can you not want her picture absolutly everywhere?? Who charges for posters of their missing loved one.. It is sickening and higly suspicious to me.

mjak

Checked by whom? Matthew Oldfield? Listening at the window? Or Gerry, who reportedly said that Maddie was not in her bed....might have been in the parents room since the twins might have disturbed her sleep, but did not bother to check, OR when he looked in on the children and felt proud to be their father, then thought someone might be hiding in the apartment and still left them to return to the Tapas bar?

Sorry, but the stories are starting to become a tangled web....

Great thread :D

I always thought the stupid feeling someone was in the room was 100% monday morning quarterbacking, therefore his leaving means nothing becuase at the time he did not feel that - he lied.

During the first interviews he claims he felt the choice to have their own "listening service" was good enough only to later change to actually "looking in" on his children, like a good proud father.:rolleyes: This change allows for the timeline window to close to the now 8 minutes their investigators now claim is when the abduction took place.

From reading the mirror I agree that Kates "shes lovely" outside of the church is guilt ridden.

I agree gord. All this is just the usual rumors and smears.
Its not the McCanns who are spinning....Not by a long shot. IMO
All this? It looks like gord picked one debateable item and slammed it. No links to back it up.

Do you have others on the huge lists you want to debate?

It is beyond tasteless. That website has had me infuriated since I first saw it. How can they hold back pictures of maddie based on payment?? It is totally revolting and completly abnormal. If your 3 year old child is missing how can you not want her picture absolutly everywhere?? Who charges for posters of their missing loved one.. It is sickening and higly suspicious to me. mjak

Absolutely agree with you. This web site is near the top as far as Internet hits. We can only hope people are just "hitting," not donating. I read that the person putting the web site together was 18 years old (or, at least, very young - can no longer find link). Maybe this explains a few things.

Adding a few more here:

Kate fit to jog the day after her child went missing!

Kate well groomed, earrings etc. immediately after abduction

Saying they were "less" happy with their lives now like how could they ever be remotely happy again especially so soon?

Colomom
Good job summarizing all this

Was the "boob" comment mentioned :crazy:

Their emphasis on finding other missing children so quickly after Madeleine disappeared.

Big curious red flag, especially when Kate said it wouldn't be "fair" to the other children.

I don't want to be callous, but, honestly, my number one priority would not be other children. It would be on finding my own. Maybe much later I would become less self-centered and think about other children, but immediately? No.

I don't want to be callous, but, honestly, my number one priority would not be other children. It would be on finding my own. Maybe much later I would become less self-centered and think about other children, but immediately? No.

I don't think that is callous, I think that is just the honest-to-God truth about being a parent. You think "Please God, let it not be my child" when you hear that the Lifeflight med evac helicopter picked up a child who fell at recess. You know intellectually it is another parent's possible agony, but you pray that it is not your child lying on the pavement. That is the reality of being a parent.

What is notable is that the other children were abstracts to the McCanns. Yes, it is obviously a huge problem in the world--and notably again--in countries like Thailand where child sex is promoted as a tourist attraction. (reportedly.) The suffering of these children, while real, is on the same level as that of children in famine-affected or civil-war torn countries--it is simply not something that most upper middle class parents relate to easily.

These children are for the most part, victims of their governments, their countries, and their cultures. They are not the random victims of crimes. Their suffering is systemic and much harder for the rest of the world's people not only to correct, but to relate to. It is a tragic fact, but it is a fact. It take a bunch of movie stars and rock stars to get the rest of the world to notice, for example, that children are starving in Sudan.

So it is not admirable for the McCanns to take on the welfare of other children and to say openly it is not "fair" to them. It is just plain odd, even inexplicable. Why would it be unfair to them, if Madeleine is rescued? After she is rescued, could they not then turn their attention to the other children, using the media attention tocus on the others?

And oddly enough--when the McCann investigators see a child they say publicly is probably American--in Morocco, in the company of adults they again say are not related to the child--do they rescue that child? Do they make getting that child to safety a priority? As they have said so many times is their priority, helping other children as well as finding Madeleine?

No, they do not.

There is no explanation for this that makes sense. They say they want to help other children, but they publicize this other seemingly endangered child, and the only purpose seems to be a kind of "See, here's this other kid, so you know Maddie is probably there, too."

Please don't tell me they wanted to rescue her but are waiting til the right minute. If that were true, they would have kept that on the hush-hush until they could. After all, what good does it do the rest of us to know that, if no action can be taken to rescue this child who is "probably American?" And how does that help Madeleine, other than alert the kidnappers that we are on to their Morroco hide-away?

Cynically, it seems to me it only seems to be an effort to boost the abduction story and possibly keep the donations coming.

I don't think that is callous, I think that is just the honest-to-God truth about being a parent. You think "Please God, let it not be my child" when you hear that the Lifeflight med evac helicopter picked up a child who fell at recess. You know intellectually it is another parent's possible agony, but you pray that it is not your child lying on the pavement. That is the reality of being a parent.

~snip~

Cynically, it seems to me it only seems to be an effort to boost the abduction story and possibly keep the donations coming.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, you have a h*ll of a head on your shoulders Tex!

Spot on!! (IMHO)

:clap: (gotta give you a clap for that)

I have said it before, and I will say it again, you have a h*ll of a head on your shoulders Tex!

Spot on!! (IMHO)

:clap: (gotta give you a clap for that)

Thank you, smooches back atcha. :blowkiss:

The only way I could see the McCanns deciding to "help other children" was if they already knew Madeleine was dead.

The only way I could see the McCanns deciding to "help other children" was if they already knew Madeleine was dead.

It is something I have seen people do as they begin to work through their grief and they realize there is nothing more they can do for their own child.

That is the key thing: As long as your child is living, most if not all people are simply not capable of diverting one bit of energy to organize efforts for other people's children. Yes, they make friends in the ICU waiting room and on an informal basis talk and offer support in an informal, emotional, personal way perhaps to other parents in the same situation.

But the organized, structured efforts--research such as Gerry McCann did when he came to the United States alone and met with Attorney General Alberto Gonzales--that simply does not seem to happen and it is easy to understand why not.

The only exception I know is a family whose son was diagnosed with cancer in infancy, they began a Christmas gift program through their church when he was a toddler, for families with children also in that hospital system, with cancer patient children. When their child passed away on Dec. 31st they continued the program that following Christmas. It was more an extension of the informal support and personal relationships they had developed while spending hours in the waiting and treatment rooms.

My friend whose two year old dropped dead suddenly from an undiagnosed condition spent 5 years in Compassionate Friends before she spent the next 5 years as a facilitator for the group to help other parents.

Really, it is not that people are selfish or incapable of helping others while grieving or suffering.

It is the degree of intellectual and emotional energy needed to organize, research, and argue for support from other organizations. (I fundraise for the ballet, and there is a big difference between the individual and the corporate level of fundraising.

9. Gerry has said "find the body and prove we did it." (Only guilty people say things like this, IMO).

Can anyone imagine Mark Lunsford, Mark Klass, or John Walsh saying something like this?

it is absolute rubbish as well

There's that "rubbish" again. I could almost swear that Clarence dwells amongst us here at WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie