Abandoned house demolished

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but they apparently demolished the house after the search of the well:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well search reveals nothing in Lisa case

NBC Action News investigator Ryan Kath spoke with the property owner, who said the house has been vacant for about two years, adding someone would have to look under the deck to know the well is there. He said he hasn't been by the property in several months, and was waiting to sell the house until a "better time."

The search of the well concluded around 2:20 p.m. Tuesday afternoon after about four hours. Nothing was found related to the case, police said.

Later Tuesday.afternoon, the vacant house was demolished, however the reason for the demolition is not yet clear.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpps/shared/search-for-lisa-irwin-moves-to-nearby-vacant-house_6813201

Not sure where to post this but they apparently demolished the house after the search of the well:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well search reveals nothing in Lisa case

NBC Action News investigator Ryan Kath spoke with the property owner, who said the house has been vacant for about two years, adding someone would have to look under the deck to know the well is there. He said he hasn't been by the property in several months, and was waiting to sell the house until a "better time."

The search of the well concluded around 2:20 p.m. Tuesday afternoon after about four hours. Nothing was found related to the case, police said.

Later Tuesday.afternoon, the vacant house was demolished, however the reason for the demolition is not yet clear.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpps/shared/search-for-lisa-irwin-moves-to-nearby-vacant-house_6813201

I almost fainted about a half hour ago. Ryan Kath called me (at work) asking me to put him in contact with the person who could tell him the reason for the demolition.

Then he asked me if I was familiar with the Lisa Irwin case and I almost fainted again. lol.

I didn't know the answer to the above question, but I was able to put him in touch with the right person. Ryan later got back to me and said he got his answer!

I'm tuning in at 5 to see!

(Also, I'm a City employee. That's all I feel comfortable saying about my job right now, but that's my connection to all this. He called me because I was an appropriate person to put him in contact with the right individual)

Did LE do a thorough investigation of the inside of the house before it was demo'ed. What if it was a squatting house and Lisa was brought there?

Did LE do a thorough investigation of the inside of the house before it was demo'ed. What if it was a squatting house and Lisa was brought there?

Could they be wanting to dig under the foundation of the house or something and could do it more easily with the house demoed?

Why would they demolish house? that doesnt make sense!!

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpps/shared/...-house_6813201

This was probably the most disturbing news I have heard, yet. Why or even how, after a house sat vacant for two years does some housing committee/office/whatever official have a house, that only hours before was part of a police investigation, demolished???????

What if there was some evidence of some kind inside some part of that house or some trace evidence on the grounds/property. OMG, this case is getting me so frustrated. What made anyone think to do such a thing and just hours after the home was being searched? MADNESS!!!

Can they just demolish a house that is owned by someone without sending notices? weird!

Could they be wanting to dig under the foundation of the house or something and could do it more easily with the house demoed?

Or ,considering all the fire and LE personnel present,they couldn't let it stand ,since it was such a safety hazard that they were now aware of .
You know once they left ,others would start poking around. Too dangerous to leave it,according to the description,and a law suit for the town if someone got hurt,IMO.

Why would they demolish house? that doesnt make sense!!

One of the reports stated that the building had structural problems. I believe a caved in wall and large hole in the roof. The bushes were so overgrown in the back, the deck could hardly be seen. The town had to remove that. There was probably unanswered code violations?

Can they just demolish a house that is owned by someone without sending notices? weird!

He may have given permission. It was a liability to him,especially if he wasn't carrying insurance on it.

It's all very odd given the owner is quoted as saying he hadn't been by the house in a few months and was just waiting for a better time to sell it. This just blows my mind. But again, for all we know, he may have received tons of notices. We need IndaMiddle, our verified local, to help us out on this one.

Or ,considering all the fire and LE personnel present,they couldn't let it stand ,since it was such a safety hazard that they were now aware of .
You know once they left ,others would start poking around. Too dangerous to leave it,according to the description,and a law suit for the town if someone got hurt,IMO.

Definitely could be that simple. My first thought was code violations, but then I started hoping there was a more telling reason the wanted the house down.

I think the house had to be demolished for safety reasons. That place was an accident waiting to happen. Now that it has been on tv, lots of curious kids/people would have wondered on to the property.

We just have to hope that the search was exceptionally done and nothing was overlooked.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpps/shared/...-house_6813201

This was probably the most disturbing news I have heard, yet. Why or even how, after a house sat vacant for two years does some housing committee/office/whatever official have a house, that only hours before was part of a police investigation, demolished???????

What if there was some evidence of some kind inside some part of that house or some trace evidence on the grounds/property. OMG, this case is getting me so frustrated. What made anyone think to do such a thing and just hours after the home was being searched? MADNESS!!!

Definitely could be that simple. My first thought was code violations, but then I started hoping there was a more telling reason the wanted the house down.

The house was already declared unsafe before this happened, so perhaps LE already knew it was slated for demo and that's why they wanted to search today, before that happened.

I personally saw it. I think it MAY be nothing as the house was already scheduled to be demolished. IMO they went ahead and demolished it because now everybody knows it is abandoned so now the curiosity seekers can't seek. I do hope they are looking in the debris while they are at it.

OMG can the city do that? The house sat there vacant for 2 years and the owner was going to sell it. They demoished this home without notice to the owner? I'd sure like to know what was so dangerous that it warranted being demoished in the same day without so much as a phone call.

Homeowners out there beware!

He hasn't been by the property in months and said he was waiting for the market to improve before he tries to fix up the house and sell it.

He has since learned that the house was declared a dangerous building and has already been bulldozed by the city.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ched-in-connection-to-lisa-case#ixzz1aW1oFpUV

I sure hope they searched it thoroughly for any evidence that the baby may have been there.

I personally saw it. I think it MAY be nothing as the house was already scheduled to be demolished. IMO they went ahead and demolished it because now everybody knows it is abandoned so now the curiosity seekers can't seek. I do hope they are looking in the debris while they are at it.

Do you have a link that the home was already scheduled to be demolished.
The homeowner said that he was never contacted by the city or police in regards to the matter.

It's one thing for the city to say the home was dangerous and deemed destructible, but it's another reason to blantantly leave out the reason why or fail to contact the homeowner (if this was planned in advance). I know they didn't have too, legally, but come on!

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ched-in-connection-to-lisa-case#ixzz1aW2OkQXa

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back