Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions #2

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2014/02/jodi_arias_doesnt_want_jury_to.php

and from the Maricopa site

2/13/2014 MIL - Motion In Limine - Party (001) 2/13/2014
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE: PRECLUDE EVIDENCE RELATED TO MS. ARIAS' MOTION TO CHANGE COUNSEL
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE: PRECLUDE ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED TO THE CLAIMS THAT MS. ARIAS' MADE THREATS AGAINST TRIAL PARTICIPANTS AND THAT SHE LACKS REMORSE

BBM ~ So, the truth? :facepalm:

The Maricopa County Attorney would do everyone a favor (esp. the taxpayers of AZ who will also have to support this murdress for the rest of her life, however long that will be) by yanking the death penalty off the table and having the judge sentence her to life without parole.

Tear down these circus tents, Mr. Montgomery!

It's not what the family wants as Mrs.PC said.

Even if she gets sentenced the DP, there will still be appeals and delays.

If she is sentenced to LWOP, this can be over and we can all forget about Jodi.

Travis can also rest in peace. :angel:

I hope she gets LWP, but I think the fear is she could eventually get probation.

I hope she gets LWP, but I think the fear is she could eventually get probation.

What makes you believe there a possibility she will get off?

That thought has ran through my head also.

She would create more scandal ... :facepalm:

If she were to be sentenced to LWOP I think the only way she could ever get out is if some day down the road the state legislature removes 'without parole' from all sentences retroactively. Then of course you'd have many other scaries who would also have a chance at parole, which is why I believe it makes that unlikely.

I personally think we need an entirely different system of incarceration as it's inherently illogical to say 'you can't make another human being suffer and to prove it we'll make you suffer', medical treatment for violent behaviors, definitely, restriction from the general population for safety, granted, but locking anyone behind four walls for their eternity is inhumane on the face of it, much less the practice of it. Of course, no one is asking me to rewrite the rules and try to bring all humanity under the same umbrella of nonviolence, but I think we can do much better than what's been imagined to date.

If she were to be sentenced to LWOP I think the only way she could ever get out is if some day down the road the state legislature removes 'without parole' from all sentences retroactively. Then of course you'd have many other scaries who would also have a chance at parole, which is why I believe it makes that unlikely.

I personally think we need an entirely different system of incarceration as it's inherently illogical to say 'you can't make another human being suffer and to prove it we'll make you suffer', medical treatment for violent behaviors, definitely, restriction from the general population for safety, granted, but locking anyone behind four walls for their eternity is inhumane on the face of it, much less the practice of it. Of course, no one is asking me to rewrite the rules and try to bring all humanity under the same umbrella of nonviolence, but I think we can do much better than what's been imagined to date.

The issue is, the person in prison is not suffering. So, it does not really work and the costs to keep everything running.

One of my suggestions is send the non-treatable psychopaths to a remote place and they have to survive with the rest of the population. No monitoring, nothing, unless for science.

I just believe these people cannot function in society, therefore, can function in their own society and not within 4 walls.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2014/02/jodi_arias_doesnt_want_jury_to.php

and from the Maricopa site

NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE: PRECLUDE EVIDENCE RELATED TO MS. ARIAS' MOTION TO CHANGE COUNSEL
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE: PRECLUDE ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED TO THE CLAIMS THAT MS. ARIAS' MADE THREATS AGAINST TRIAL PARTICIPANTS AND THAT SHE LACKS REMORSE

So Nurmi is now saying Jodi can make threats against others (prosecutor), and write letters asking for removal of counsel (Nurmi) and that should never be brought up to new jury? Unbelievable. She can sit in prison and do these things and yet it is somehow against her "rights" to bring it out in the open? Freaking unbelievable.

The issue is, the person in prison is not suffering. So, it does not really work and the costs to keep everything running.

One of my suggestions is send the non-treatable psychopaths to a remote place and they have to survive with the rest of the population. No monitoring, nothing, unless for science.

I just believe these people cannot function in society, therefore, can function in their own society and not within 4 walls.

Place them on a remote island with no food or water with convicted child molesters.

So Nurmi is now saying Jodi can make threats against others (prosecutor), and write letters asking for removal of counsel (Nurmi) and that should never be brought up to new jury? Unbelievable. She can sit in prison and do these things and yet it is somehow against her "rights" to bring it out in the open? Freaking unbelievable.

She is a convicted murderer-she shouldn't have any rights at all.:banghead:

I think JA's threats against a State official should be considered in her sentencing. JA needs to stay confined because she still is a danger to society. LWOP will put her in touch with people who might take her seriously about hurting others. If I were a family member given the chance to speak I would let the jury know that she is still a threat to their lives. jmo

She is a convicted murderer-she shouldn't have any rights at all.:banghead:

Sweetiemom, I :luv: your :cat: avatar! A very nice-looking kitty.

As far as i'm concerned, Jodi's family does not even contact her. She has bouts of aggression.

I really hope one day the documents are unsealed, especially after closing arguments with Nurmi, her mother and JSS.

From my perspective, it seems her supporters are middle-aged white men and young Hispanic males.

The next jury should know that Jodi how she is viewed by her legal team and family and every her own attorney says: "Nine days out of 10, I don't like Jodi Arias" :floorlaugh: I don't believe she has any supporters left except the ones that she awed during her first trial.

Thank you Elle Elle-that kitty is my ragdoll Bilbo Baggins.
I do believe that the new jury has every right to know what went on in the first trial and all the carp Jodi tried to pull during the trial. She needs to be put to death like the mad dog she is. (no offense to dogs)

Thanks for posting the first receipt WM, I was too lazy to go look for it
to back up what I said above and only had a copy of the one when she
returned the car.

I'm starting to lose my memory of who testified to what, was hoping for a refresher
course with the retrial but we may not get much on a daily basis is status quo
continues throughout. Any guesstimate of when Flores testified about the 2nd
rental? I'll YT and find the relevant part if you have any idea of when it was.

Sorry, I'm late in reply, but no, I do not remember at all. Flores was up and down on the stand like musical chairs.

Sorry, I'm late in reply, but no, I do not remember at all. Flores was up and down on the stand like musical chairs.

LOL yeah, I don't know when to look either.

My English isn't the best but I will try to explain what I'm thinking.
I have a theory which is based on the premise that Jodi wouldn't fill up three gas cans unless she had a good reason. She once filled them up in Pasadena for a very good reason - hide.

She did it again in SLC. She knew in SLC that she needed extra 15 gallons of gas once she gets to California. She must have filled them up for another good reason. She wanted to hide some activity. We don't know what that activity is. We do know that she did not use about 15 gallons of gas which would provide extra 500 miles. We also know she is not the one who drove the extra 500 miles.

That is why I think she gave three gas cans to someone.
Jodi did not want this person to be 'seen' at any gas station on the way to his/her final destination. But if Flores did in fact said two gas cans were found in her grandma's, and they were full, then I have to work on my theory again. :banghead:

I wish I had the energy to find what Flores said about the gas cans. I know there had once been a theory that Matt was with her, and she'd dropped him off somewhere, which had caused all of those lost hours. It should have taken her about 11 hours to get to West Jordan. So if she left Mesa about 6pm, she should have gotten to West Jordan about around 5am. If I remember correctly, she got there at like 10-11am or noon? Is that correct?

It's 6 hours to get back to Salinas and then 12 hours from Salinas to West Jordan. that's about 18 hours. IF she went back to Salinas, the times work--barely. But we'd have to look at the receipts to see when she got gas and if it's feasible. I had just found it odd that when her phone came on, she was kind of on a route back to Salinas.

But this is PURELY speculating, and I don't even know if I have these times right.

I wish I had the energy to find what Flores said about the gas cans. I know there had once been a theory that Matt was with her, and she'd dropped him off somewhere, which had caused all of those lost hours. It should have taken her about 11 hours to get to West Jordan. So if she left Mesa about 6pm, she should have gotten to West Jordan about around 5am. If I remember correctly, she got there at like 10-11am or noon? Is that correct?

It's 6 hours to get back to Salinas and then 12 hours from Salinas to West Jordan. that's about 18 hours. IF she went back to Salinas, the times work--barely. But we'd have to look at the receipts to see when she got gas and if it's feasible. I had just found it odd that when her phone came on, she was kind of on a route back to Salinas.

But this is PURELY speculating, and I don't even know if I have these times right.

I'll take a turn driving the speculation bus: I could buy that she pulled over & slept somewhere (most likely after disposing the weapons, just in case the police or someone knocked on the window). I would imagine that all the pre-med stress (Will he nap? Will he shower? Are the roomates home?), the actual physical exertion of murdering him (especially all the stabbing & moving Travis' body around) and the after murder stress (Where did I touch? Where am I bloody? Did I forget anything?) would make a person utterly exhausted and completely drained both physically and mentally, especially once the adrenalin wore off. So her pulling over somewhere for 4-5 hours does make sense, IMO, and could account for the timeline.

I'll take a turn driving the speculation bus: I could buy that she pulled over & slept somewhere (most likely after disposing the weapons, just in case the police or someone knocked on the window). I would imagine that all the pre-med stress (Will he nap? Will he shower? Are the roomates home?), the actual physical exertion of murdering him (especially all the stabbing & moving Travis' body around) and the after murder stress (Where did I touch? Where am I bloody? Did I forget anything?) would make a person utterly exhausted and completely drained both physically and mentally, especially once the adrenalin wore off. So her pulling over somewhere for 4-5 hours does make sense, IMO, and could account for the timeline.

Plus LE would have checked Matt's alibi. jmo

Plus LE would have checked Matt's alibi. jmo

Yes, esp. after the coded magazine notes and anonymous sending of the pedo letters, I think MM was under great scrutiny, JM would have had his every move under a microscope, ready to charge at the slightlest hint or possibility of involvement.

I'm still rather mystified as to why a retrial date was set when the other JM trial (Hulsey) had been sitting on its present start date for a few months. JM knew his trial schedule, JSS through JM would have known his schedule, so what was the point of setting a date for her retrial when they knew they wouldn't have time for it?

Yes, esp. after the coded magazine notes and anonymous sending of the pedo letters, I think MM was under great scrutiny, JM would have had his every move under a microscope, ready to charge at the slightlest hint or possibility of involvement.

I'm still rather mystified as to why a retrial date was set when the other JM trial (Hulsey) had been sitting on its present start date for a few months. JM knew his trial schedule, JSS through JM would have known his schedule, so what was the point of setting a date for her retrial when they knew they wouldn't have time for it?

I'm thinking that if he was out on medical leave some of his other trials may have been pushed forward. jmo

I'm thinking that if he was out on medical leave some of his other trials may have been pushed forward. jmo

That's what I thought at first also, but in the articles I've read since, it's being stated that Hulsey's trial has been waiting longer than her retrial so his gets to go first, but then they knew that when they set her retrial date. Something seems to be going on but I can't see any logic in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back