GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #25

So what happened within the past 9 days that his attorney did a 180 degree turnaround? It went from we intend to fight it, if we can delay it for another year the statute of limitations will run out, to suddenly it will happen this summer most likely, all in a matter of days.

Let me ask this, if he is found guilty here in the US, will he return to Peru to complete his sentence before he serves one here, or would he rather serve his time here on our dime and not have to return to Peru? How does that work does anyone know?

From what I understand he must return to complete his sentence in Peru before being sent back to the US to serve out any sentence he may receive there.

MOO

wherever he's kept while in the US would be better conditions than in peru... so why would he be down and depressed? doesn't want to face the truth about natalee? doesn't want to see beth? (you know she'll be all over him lol)... this is the only thing that makes sense to me right now...

wherever he's kept while in the US would be better conditions than in peru... so why would he be down and depressed? doesn't want to face the truth about natalee? doesn't want to see beth? (you know she'll be all over him lol)... this is the only thing that makes sense to me right now...

He is likely expecting to be out of prison in Peru in much less than the 28 years he was given. He is probably depressed because any conviction and sentence he receives in the US must be served after that time. So he's looking at a lifetime in prison if the US get him on the charges that they're preparing for him isn't he?

MOO

I'm so glad to hear the extradition may very well be happening.

I wouldn't take anything that Maximo Altez says at face value, more like with a pound of salt. He was always a big talker when he first represented Joran, so him saying he was going to fight tooth and nail probably was just more of the same.

When did Altez wind up back on the case as Joran's attorney, didn't he quit and make a big deal out of Joran not paying him or something?

I agree with what Kamille said, if it happens, he only comes back for the trial and if convicted he has to go back to Peru and serve his sentence there first.

anyone have handy links to any trial video or other links in the Peru case? Thank you. I remember the hotel video very well and a few videos after that in the prison but haven't seen anything since then and didn't even know the case was closed. Thanks.
Just read NH's dad's book the other day. Very touching and also very informative and I really appreciated that DH wrote the book. He raised the question in the very early days of the case "is it possible one of these young men has a problem he can't control?" (I'm paraphrasing.) If only all that evidence in the Aruban investigation hadn't continually been dismissed/disappeared (i.e. the belt found by the lighthouse, the bloody mattress, the DNA etc etc etc.) I wonder if any of it still exists or will ever come out. My heart broke for the Holloways and Twittys reading DH's book. Sorry, I just read ahove about not going off topic. The two cases are so intertwined in my mind.

he was found guilty but only got 28 years? That's amazing. The perpetrator of that crime should have received life in prison imo.

Well, Joran has a "roomie" in his prison cell now...

Van der Sloot out of solitary confinement
http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/van-der-sloot-out-solitary-confinement

Joran van der Sloot has been taken out of solitary confinement in the Peruvian prison Piedras Gordas. His lawyer José Jiménez has told the ANP:

“He is no longer in a mediation cell as they call it, but he now has more room and shares his cell with another detainee.”

can you imagine anyone having to share a cell with someone like this? Talk about scary. Hopefully they put him with someone big enough to defend himself.

I still am just left wondering what in the world happened in JVDS's young life to make him like he apparently is. (Not that it matters to the victims or their families of course.) Something bad happen to him at the boarding schools or racquet club growing up etc? Or just fried his brain on drugs and alcohol at too young an age, or what? Fetal injury, birth injury, or frontal lobe injury at some point? You know, cases like this just leave you going, "Why?". Because it's just so needless, he could have gone down a very different path by all appearances, you're left wondering, how does a person become so violent.

And what's even more baffling is, not only that this young man turned out to have these behaviors, but that he also had friends who apparently went along with his behaviors and even more amazingly, not only his parents but also the whole system where he lived appears to have made excuses and covered for him and looked the other way. ---- it's just unbelievable. What's the chance? It's just baffling the whole thing. Just so tragic because it seems like so much more could have been done to prevent these crimes. My opinion only.

if he got out in 28 years he'd only be like in his late forties or maybe 50 right?

I really wish some international police force, even at this late stage, could review the evidence in the first case and independently test and preserve anything that still exists (hopefully it wasn't all done away with at the time). All that stuff that the Aruban police force said turned out to not be a match to the NH case. I don't know what group could do that, could Interpol do it I wonder, or some similar group?

anyone have handy links to any trial video or other links in the Peru case? Thank you. I remember the hotel video very well and a few videos after that in the prison but haven't seen anything since then and didn't even know the case was closed. Thanks.
Just read NH's dad's book the other day. Very touching and also very informative and I really appreciated that DH wrote the book. He raised the question in the very early days of the case "is it possible one of these young men has a problem he can't control?" (I'm paraphrasing.) If only all that evidence in the Aruban investigation hadn't continually been dismissed/disappeared (i.e. the belt found by the lighthouse, the bloody mattress, the DNA etc etc etc.) I wonder if any of it still exists or will ever come out. My heart broke for the Holloways and Twittys reading DH's book. Sorry, I just read ahove about not going off topic. The two cases are so intertwined in my mind.

You can YouTube the trial. I also read DH book and Beth's and they are both very heartwarming.

Joran van der Sloot will be extradited to US after serving sentence in Peru, judge says

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...us-after-serving-sentence-in-peru-judge-says/

If they figure he'll be out after serving a third of his sentence, the US has to sit on this case for about another 8-9 years. Not good. They should have just let them get it over with now and extradited him back there at the end of his sentence in Peru. Plus it would be nice for Joran to know there is no light at the end of the tunnel for him.

This way, he still has the hope that somehow something will change that will not allow that extradition. And he's got all that time to keep fighting it.

MOO

It just never ends with this guy...

LIMA, Peru (WIAT) - Joran van der Sloot was in a drunken rage when he killed 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores. The admission comes in a letter leaked by his lawyer, Maximo Altez.

snip

In another letter, van der Sloot claims to have been lied to by his lawyer. He asks to have his prison sentence shortened because he writes that his former attorney told him a deal had been struck with the judge. That deal was allegedly for 18 years if Joran confessed.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...s-for-forgiveness/i2NzJ4--ykqD4XEE4XKy7Q.cspx

Joran Van Der Sloot Blames Lawyer, Begs Forgiveness for Murder in New Letters

The letters, in which he refers to himself as a "psychological mess," were written in June but released this week by van der Sloot's attorney Max Altez, according to Reuters. In the letters he asserts that he has "nothing to do with" Holloway's disappearance, while blaming poor legal representation for his long prison sentence. He says that a previous lawyer told him if he pled guilty he would only be jailed for 15 years.

"My rights have been constantly abused," van der Sloot reportedly wrote. "After bad legal advice in which my lawyer promised me I would receive 15 years if I plead guilty, I did … I have a history of psychological problems which were never taken into consideration."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-blames-lawyer-begs-forgiveness/story?id=16712156

He's such a narcissist. Wow!!!! He is actually blaming his DEFENSE( the people who tried to help him) for his prison sentence. Does he not realize that he murdered 2 innocent girls???? Geez Joran get over yourself!!!!

Joran Van Der Sloot Blames Lawyer, Begs Forgiveness for Murder in New Letters

The letters, in which he refers to himself as a "psychological mess," were written in June but released this week by van der Sloot's attorney Max Altez, according to Reuters. In the letters he asserts that he has "nothing to do with" Holloway's disappearance, while blaming poor legal representation for his long prison sentence. He says that a previous lawyer told him if he pled guilty he would only be jailed for 15 years.

"My rights have been constantly abused," van der Sloot reportedly wrote. "After bad legal advice in which my lawyer promised me I would receive 15 years if I plead guilty, I did … I have a history of psychological problems which were never taken into consideration."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-blames-lawyer-begs-forgiveness/story?id=16712156

Oh cry me a friggin river. Goodness.
Call the wahhhbulance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members